1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What made you decide to buy the game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MM, May 13, 2013.

1. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Just making a little survey cause I need to decide what to remove for the new website and out of curiosity too.
    What made you decide you buy the game? What specifically was it. Not like cause its the best game ever and its cheap. But what was it, some trigger? Something you read, saw, somebody said. Maybe you were hesitant but something convinced you its ok and you got it?

2. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

1. sidescroller with nice art
    2. upcoming mod support
    3. building + arcade combat
    not actually interested in competitive pvp or tournaments

Reactorcore likes this.
  3. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Well it was back in 2011 I had started playing on and off with a free account. Then in early 2012 I read some of the planned features and zombies, so I bought it. Extremely happy with my decision to buy it.

kingofthebrithins likes this.
  4. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Well, I had played long before premium accounts weren't even availiable, but for me the "trigger" probably was just simply that I was so involved and addicted to the game that I wanted to get premium. Although I never actually bought the game, a random person all the sudden gifted it to me :D

5. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

In the end it's always the hats

epenow, SAcptm, Klokinator and 11 others like this.
  6. HolyUndine

HolyUndine Catapult Fodder

I was fine playing on free until i heard the steam announcement and wanted the Full Version before steam so i survive the noob bumb rush.

Plus the Hats are just amazing and hope that one day you can make custom hats that other can see :D

7. LadyHawk

LadyHawk Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Masery bought me premium.

But had he not, i would have bought it my self eventually. the reason?

Hats.

(And also the fact that this is just a flat out amazing game, and its nice showing the developers some support. but the hats made me really want premium, so i didnt have to wear that stupid pub face everywhere :< )

8. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

1) To support the developer
    2) OVER 200 HEADS
    3) Fire/Water/Wood/New workshops & equipment

All in all I am happy with my purchase, but dissapointed that most of the things in (3) & (2) are not in KAG Classic.

9. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

But but those are heads not hats. (:

SlyStalker and Apronymous like this.
  10. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

1)Sidescroller
    2)Fast paced content
    3)Ability to build and mod support allowing the pace to vary between minecraft (mainly building little fighting) and action (mainly fighting, building also important but fast paced as well).
    4)Good graphics

I honestly never purchased the game for any incentives, simply because it was so enjoyable at the time, that's the biggest deal imo.

11. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

1) I love the elements of the game like the building, fighting etc.
    2) I played it before
    3) Zombie fortress
    4) heads
    5) BEEEEETA !

So I was playing it, found out that the Beta was going to be released soon and checked if the XMAS/Beta promotion is on and...There you go I bought it 25252525

12. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

- Graphics style and quality piqued my interest (2d, pixel art, sprite-based, block-based construction)
    - Siege-based gameplay, long matches with aspects of defense/attack
    - Multiplayer
    Bought for:
    - More customisation
    - More server choices
    - Identifiable in forum for buying the game.

13. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

• I love Sidescrolling-2D games
    • The hats!
    • New contents also the future ones.
    • To enter Gold servers.
    • For the devs!
    • To try Zombie Fortress.
    • Firearrows.
    • New vehicles! like Ballista
    • Boats!
    • To try Kegs.
    • And water.
    That's all (I forgot some of it. Too much reasons !):p

-EDIT- Please use colors next time, thanks. ~Galen
    ^ Sorry Galen :( didn't notice it, because i'm using xenFracture theme (it's relaxing for tha eyes o_o). ~delankski

Beepo likes this.
  14. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I've played since I was introduced to the game by Zekkithor in Summer 2011. I bought it in Early 2012, primarily because I'd gotten used to using a specific head as an admin on Beo's CTF, and wanted to use it on other servers; I had no doubt that premium would be cool when the later features were added, and would have inevitably bought it later, but in the mean time I could no longer stand the default archer head. :P

I'm not going to lie, when I first played, I thought the whole game looked really cool, but I just didn't enjoy playing that much. I left it for a while after playing it once or twice, and when I came back it was suddenly an absolutely amazing game in my eyes.

The 2D side-scrolling action is fantastic, and the game itself is brilliant, but what has kept me and caused me to purchase the game more than anything else is the community, because there are so many dudes that are just fun to hang out with, in a way that is so much more fun than on other online games I'd previously played.

Nivlac_13, justi01, Beef and 7 others like this.
  15. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

Status
    The premium advert that showed up every god damn time I logged in ;.;
    Bascially the upcoming features. (+ Perks like heads etc.)
    #Game concept as well.
    - Access to premium part of forums.

16. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I bought the game as soon as the Water and Wood update cam out - I was under the impression that it would also work for non-premiums, but once I figured out that it didn't, I bought the game. I was planning to buy it soon anyway because I really wanted to try the zombie game-mode.

E: Oh, and I wanted the badass helmet head.

17. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

My attraction wasn't so much the combat but the building styles and the aesthetics, as I had basically never played an indie nor 2D game. Just building new things but the boats and the physics. One thing that wasn't mentioned on the website was modding, although modding in some respects is a bit harder now (I don't mean the capabilities) but I had never done any server related stuff or modding before yet I've started my own website and project. Medieval style and also casual gameplay but also serious that you could just drop into a game for 10 minutes, halfway through, and do fine and the siege equipment and I wanted: Integrated Clan Support, but that is obviously not happening.

Advertising should focus on starting a base and going off to war.

18. Zuboki

Zuboki KAG Guard Tester

Peer pressure. I was one of the only non-premium HA members, as well as one of the only non-premium Guards. Of course, shortly after I bought it, all guards were given premium for free anyway...

But I do feel proud to support your endeavor, and have no regrets. Hail to the King, baby.

Geti murdered my parents.

SlyStalker, Grendell100, Beef and 6 others like this.
  19. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Because of flying gibs after bomb explosion and massive collapse in trailers.Also zombie mode.

20. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

After watching a video and seeing ~B190, I bought premium before ever playing.

WHOOPS!

Invaders likes this.