1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Turtle's Warcraft 2 Beta sprites

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Im_a_Turtle, May 8, 2013.

1. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Hello, I'm beginning work on the Warcraft Humans vs Orcs sprite pack.

Humans:

Peasant First Draft
    [​IMG]
    Footman First Draft
    Elven Archer First Draft

Orcs:

Peon First Draft
    Grunt First Draft
    Orcish SpearThrower First Draft

Currently figuring out how to add them in since it's been nearly a full year since i've played KAG. Will find out soon, or someone could post how to do it in another.

P.S to Moderators. Just found the Texture Pack thread forum, mind throwing this post into there? :p

SpideY, MrError, butterscotch and 4 others like this.
  2. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

If your confused with something send me a pm. Ive fondled around with the BETA sprites and I would be glad help you.

EDIT: first things first you should ask someone to put this in the texture packs sub forum

3. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Oh please do!

Now here's the question I have.

1. How do I insert my sprites into the game, this system is different from a year ago.
    Just posting it here so people in beta will get some type of instruction.

4. Bint

Bint Haxor

>Base
    >Entities
    >Characters
    >Builder

If that's what you're asking.

Digger101 likes this.
  5. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

There are buttloads of new sprites to the system got more complex. The only thing u will find in the sprites folder are environmental things and some miscellaneous stuff.

Open up the entities folder and you select from there what you want.
    Specificly for Playable characters and their heads go to the characters folder. Once ur on that you can choose which character and heads are in the sprites folder that is within the characters folder.

Anything else? I think we should make a thread about orientation.

Im_a_Turtle likes this.
  6. Bint

Bint Haxor

I don't think it's complicated enough for it's own thread, you just need to go through the folders and familiarise yourself.

7. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

Well not just that. There is new stuff like how the archer quiver and bow works, its related to that purple pixel. If you dont have the purple pixel for custom heads the quiver and stuff just floats above u. and im sure there is more stuff to discover. Aswell as lots of new blocks especially for turtle

8. Bint

Bint Haxor

That makes sense actually, we could make an infographic :o

TheWids likes this.
  9. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Skip to 2:41: http://youtu.be/gdBcND08Shw?t=2m41s for my orcs. All three classes done but heads. (also done crossbowmen and dwarves; not personally though)
    </br>--- merged: May 11, 2013 12:52 AM ---</br>
    You just go to base/entities and replace the file although on update it will replace it.

Man715, Mr_NeL, Bint and 1 other person like this.
  10. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Oh wow very good job on the orcs! Very original and the animations are quite clean!

11. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Sorry for it taking so long to get another sprite sheet out, takes so damn long due to constantly testing the fluidity of the animations over and over again. Also the fact that there are way more sprite frames to edit than i'm normally used to.

Right now i'm working on the Orcish Grunt sprite sheet. Should be finished in a few days.

12. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Sorry to spam your page with mine: http://youtu.be/_hcNnZ0M8eI
    Definitely.