1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Working On?

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by LostPix, May 9, 2013.

1. FG

FG Fran Donator

Clothes-shop.gif Dinner-table.gif

Screenshot (66).png

2. Squeal

Squeal Shipwright

I should credit Froghead48 as his maps inspired the idea, but I'm curious as to how hard it would be to make a 'Protect the Dam' game-mode. Both teams would have a dam, their aim is to protect it whilst trying to destroy the enemies. When a team's side is flooded, the game end with victory for the opposing team.

Now I don't know any angelscript, but after looking at the scripts I think it might be possible to cannibalise part of the drowning script into the war game-mode, so the game detects when a dam has been breached. The issue with this approach is that if it referred to just a specific position or workshop, it would be possible to just encase that in blocks. That leaves the other approach of checking if there is any water beyond a certain point, that'd possibly be a little harder. Could anyone with more modding experience help me with this problem?

Froghead48 and AdrianC like this.
  3. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

I'm thinking it would be better if you checked for blocks existing in the dam, rather than checking for water in some place. That way you could for leaks in the dam, which makes it more "protect the dam" like.

In other news, I'm trying to revive the Gold Rush game mode. Right now I have the basic stuff: gold sacks that can carry (only) gold and can't be put inside inventories. Game end conditions based on "owned" gold amount (only that inside gold sacks) a little message with the team's gold amount and goal. You can steal bags anddddddd that's it I guess. It is working on my test server but I still have to resolve some issues.

Here some screenshots, that don't really say much:
    screen-13-05-15-21-44-37.png screen-13-05-15-21-44-43.png screen-13-05-15-21-44-59.png screen-13-05-15-21-45-09.png

4. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

making a uber catapult, able to ride at high speeds, rape sharks, almost indestructable and throw explosive wrocks
    also i am thinking of a survivor game that includes sharks low grav and trampolines (i am not gunna say more)
    how can i make an invisible block that objects can pass through but water cant?
    edit pics

Attached Files:

5. Squeal

Squeal Shipwright

The issue with that approach is it doesn't allow for the dam to be modified. And if it can be, how do you detect what's broken and what's intended. As long as the dam functions, the game isn't lost.

6. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

7. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

O
    Did you merge with base and did you add to chat commands?

8. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

No, I followed the readme he supplied with it.

9. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

You need to check for leakages, so you would have to check for a row of tiles that aren't there anymore. If such a row exists, then there's a leakeage. It wouldn't solve all issues, but it's a start. Adding some additional water checks would help. There are some conditions that you need to take care of, but that's the whole deal with programming and stuff :P you could also go with your original test and just disable "roofs".

10. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

That's for multiplayer. Not sure if mods folder is working but to check out in signleplayer you need to go to rules/common and open chatcommands and then find catapult and copy that and edit the copied catapukt's to the bison's directory then go in game and type !bison.

Jackard likes this.
  11. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

This thread has given me hope in the modding community :)

12. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Once scripting documentation is out I can see double that, because right now everyone figures things on their own and it's a good and bad thing, the good thing it's usually people who have some talent and keeps people away to flood forums with crappy mods to say, bad thing's that it's a slow start for everyone to begin doing any mods.

Apronymous likes this.
  13. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Just you wait, in 6 months this subforum will be filled with crappy, half-made ridiculous mods that servers actually host ;)
    Though I have to admit, all the stuff in this thread is fucking cool.

Apronymous and Invaders like this.
  14. Squeal

Squeal Shipwright

Who's putting bets that some time in the future an MLP mod will be released?

Apronymous, Hawxx and Monsteri like this.
  15. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Finally got the bison to load. But he's retarded and hops around constantly, makes it hard to mount. When you try riding him, he doesn't move.

Edit: I recognize the movements, he's acting like a shark on land.

Froghead48 likes this.
  16. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Considering KAG will be on Steam this will be possible, especially when player base will be much bigger...let's hope this does not turn into Elder Scrolls or Fallout Nexus type of shit.

17. Bint

Bint Haxor

But that would be awesome! Apart from the MLP stuff of course.

18. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

How to avoid becoming the next Nexus cesspit: tell modders to tighten up instead of coddling them with a blanket ban on criticism

Apronymous likes this.
  19. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

But why not? :D

20. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Not just MLP stuff, there is some really terrible stuff, I wonder who even takes their time to do this, some even though are bad in terms of aspect, there is some effort put into it, good models or textures, but nonetheless it's talent wasted.

Indeed.

Nexus is terrible place with mods that bring weird fetishes and mods that totally doesn't fit the theme, anime mods for one, there are some decent ones but you have to dig through.