1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What made you decide to buy the game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MM, May 13, 2013.

1. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Nice pun.

Beepo likes this.
  2. m0zzila

m0zzila Tree Planter

Why I purchased the game,
    I was playing Soldat for ages, I love those sort of 2d games Michael and his fellow computer-nerds produce.
    When I first played it I was a bit confused because I had no clue what to do.
    But soon, the little 2d Knights took over my heart and I was absolutely amazed, and thought of the great potential this game has.
    Never the less, not only the game itself lead to the purchase, no I wanted to support Michaels work. I also hoped that I could be part of the whole improving process. And after about a week of playing KAG, I got a lot of Ideas that need to be written down.

greetings

Beepo likes this.
  3. qpKillerqp

qpKillerqp Haxor

I got addicted when playing it on free account.
    Saw the upcoming tempting features:
    • Fire
    • Wooden Structures
    • More heads
    Plus it had the best graphics ever(pixels)with epic sounds.And it was Massively Multiplayer!!!
    I saw some let's plays which made me want to buy it.
    (It was the only game I ever bought online) 25252525

Edit:And did I mention that I found it using the magic of google search,looking for games like Terraria :D

Beepo likes this.
  4. Toy

Toy Bison Rider

Same to me. First game I bought online, graphics and sounds seduced me :p

Beepo and Digger101 like this.
  5. celuideleon

celuideleon Builder Stabber

I had lots of reasons to buy the game :). I was really enjoying the "classic-free", and when I saw what was planned, and the 75% off for supporting the game, I immediatly wanted to buy it.
    Altough one of the things that really made me buy it was the "overworld" and fire. And even though the overworld was canceled, it was still worth it.
    Also, the easy launch aspect of the game is pretty cool, as you can just hop on a game in less then 30 seconds, and leave it 5 minutes after ^^

6. dangertank44

dangertank44 Shark Slayer

I was looking around and saw this game, I looked at the planned features and what it already had, next thing you know "DAD CAN I GET IT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE"

7. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

I am just used to actually buy the things I like. Same goes for Soldat & also with Music I like to listen to.
    I am against downloading things or cracking it until I like it.

Hella likes this.
  8. XyellowX

XyellowX Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

• I wanted the heads and a fancy gold name.
    • I wanted to fly away on a greg and murder z-knights with my hammer (the latter didn't work out so well).
    • The overworld (devs)
    • I loved the game and I thought I'd buy it before the sale was over... Of course one year later, STILL ON SALE. xD
    • I remember I said on some server I was thinking about buying the game, and asked whether it was worth it. To which I got "BUUUYYY IIITTT BUUUYYYYY IIIITTT NOOOOOWWWWWW andplayzombieswithmeyouplebwhowon'texpriencethemeaningoflifeuntilyoumastertheartofgregriding" Or something like that.

PinXviiN and Beepo like this.
  9. I don't know if its useful feedback at all but I was actually strongly opposed towards buying the game. While I really, relly liked the content (and I'm talking b157 here, before shops or any of this fancy stuff) the amount of bugs succesfuly discouraged me from buying.
    I just felt really unsecure about you guys fixing and working out all little bugs because of how all those opens betas and whatnot usually end up.
    In the end, I was given my code by someone else who had a spare one at this time and I have gained much more trust to the devs by now but yeah, my feelings about the future of KAG didn't use to be so good.

Actually, when thinking about this, I wouldn't buy the full version now either as it runs horribly slow on my PC. The fact that I could even play Classic was one of the biggest factors of why I sticked to it.

10. dangertank44

dangertank44 Shark Slayer

Just so you know I actually payed for it :\

11. luckyfrost

luckyfrost Shopkeep Stealer

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAADS FOR THE HEAD GOD!

dangertank44 and Apronymous like this.
  12. Right, time to list 'em off:
    Platformer
    2D
    High, simple graphics
    Playability
    Multiplayer
    Zombie Mode
    The excitement of a patch
    The wonderful, friendly community
    User created mods
    User managed servers
    Global admins
    Fair and just punishment system
    People who are willing to help you
    The possibility
    A very open world building style
    Close and ranged combat
    Basically cheater proof
    Aaaaaand, it's just awesome

*phew*

dangertank44 and Toy like this.
  13. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

I watched some kind of Indie Marathon on TwitchTV by Totalbiscuit a long long time ago, just after the game was alpha released (like 2 years almost?) I decided to try it and I loved it so much, I bought Premium within a week.

There was no sudden incentive or anything (like hats). I guess I felt like supporting the devs on this, best 10 euros I spent on games in the last 3 years probably ;)

Toy likes this.
  14. MINIMAN

MINIMAN Shark Slayer

The first time I started playing this game I could never get off it, amazing gameplay, techniques, clans, etc.

The poster actually made me buy premium. The way the ZK hits, and basically the look of them.

Hats.

15. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

I really liked this game after i downloaded it. My Linux was slow too so I couldn't find the games I really liked and were simple enough to run it on my Linux. I kinda started loving it more and more. So in summer, Sirpixelot gave me a premium code and I then lost my social life till the school started to stop me playing KAG.

16. Pecola1033

Pecola1033 Drill Rusher
    1. Delta Force - Delta

I tryed it out after watching a youtuber playing it and i was hooked. For about 2 months a played on a free account and my nubblet hat <: Basically i wanted to be a spiffy looking bad-ass with my gold name and and hat ( And of course who would forget the Zombiessss :) All those peeps be like dayum i want to be the guy and fall over >:)

17. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I bought the game because of the stuff you promised to add.
    Maybe you should just check the list of what would be in gold, and see if you can add some of them, and make up some new ones?
    As I already said, I bought because of the promises.
    You could see that as: People will buy it if you tell them it'll be more awesome.
    And: They will keep playing it if you make sure they get what you promise.

snes mode.

Apronymous likes this.
  18. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Your entire point is invalidated by the fact that you claim that the list was a promise. In fact, this text comes from the "Buy Premium" page:

19. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I know, but does that mean that I did not buy it?
    I said that people may buy the game hoping to get those planned features.
    When, or if, the devs add them, they will be happy and tell others.
    If the planned-features-list keeps growing, people will keep falling for it buying the game.

20. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

People knew that there never was any promise made on what would be done from that list. If they're dissapointed of what they bought then they had the wrong expectations.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying KAG is a bad game.