1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The official MeteorVPS 128Slot Server!

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by eastonch, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

I got back in again, but it still seems to drop me every now and then. Ping's a bit low to play at the moment, anyways.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

From Michal:
    We'll see over the coming week or so.

3. glowfisch

glowfisch Shipwright

that would be great hope to that that will seal the deal he he

4. eastonch

eastonch Shipwright

Thanks for reporting it to him!

Regards,
    Chris.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It might fix the CPU consumption but it'll certainly put bandwidth up, we'll see how it goes though :)

6. glowfisch

glowfisch Shipwright

one of our rondome crashes. :)

7. eastonch

eastonch Shipwright

If you wish I could keep a check on the Bandwidth, since this part of the box is on a VM - It's got a large priority though. I can check Bandwidth graphs using SolusVM if needed. - But for this i'll need you to inform me of when this change happens.

Regards,
    Chris.

8. Geti

Cheers for the dump glowfisch, I'll pass it on. Looks like IDs might be overflowing or collision garbage collection not doing its jump.

@Chris: yeah graphs etc would be good. The change will have to be made by you (swapping a flag from compressed to uncompressed transmission) so you'll be sure to know when to start measuring, though bandwidth consumption estimates at the moment wouldn't hurt either.

We might be doing some massive "refactoring" (rewriting) over the coming weeks so KAG might end up multithreaded anyway. Very handy to know that its the CPU usage that ramps up.

9. eastonch

eastonch Shipwright

@Geti

Good & also bad news.

Here's the /graphs/.

Noticing that we only ran from the 26th of September... Heres the consumption for September on just this one process:

2011 September 136.8 GB

That's close to 20GB of B/W per day. Noting this is GB and not Gbits.

This is quite high as a standard minecraft node of around 30 servers would take up 400GB of bandwidth in a full month, this is quite un-expected.

The average amount of memory is 500MB for 60 Players - But the CPU is always peaking at 80-98%/core.
    Making this multi-core / threaded would increase the functionaility of this server much better. I'm also going to monitor more highly on it's usage on network, to see how much physical BandWidth it's chomping up each time it's got 60 players online.

Am I correct in saying data goes from server -> client and not server -> master -> client?

Regards,
    Chris.

10. Geti

From Michal again (an email would be good so we can chat that way ;) )

We'll still see if we can do any optimising, obviously, but it sounds like there's not much he can do at this point.

11. eastonch

eastonch Shipwright

Hmm, understood. I've pm'd you back.

12. glowfisch

glowfisch Shipwright

one of our other intresting crashes

ohw yeah i just noticed Knights can still Destroy castle back grounds with power attacks
    was this intentional?.

13. glowfisch

glowfisch Shipwright

after changing the map manuel it crashed :)

14. Geti

Sounds more like it closed itself, as THE END is what we print before terminating. Odd. If you could pass those reports to Chris he now has Michal's email for directly reporting them.

We haven't done a patch to change how terrain manipulation functions yet so knights still breaking castles is expected.

15. eastonch

eastonch Shipwright

@Geti , I don't feel too strongly about e-mailing him constantly about issues. I feel spammy.

I will however compile a list and send it to him.

16. glowfisch

glowfisch Shipwright

I understand but adding them to the forum is i think a good thing the more people that are able to look at error's the higher the chance that there will be a solution :)

17. Geti

We need the logs from gdb, not from the game. Some of the bad snapshots and deltas are good but for the most part that's "normal" output and not very useful for debugging :/

18. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

yay i just got banned FOR NO REASON.
    it was before start of game and there were two towers with catapults.
    a knigth went sitting on it so i thougth: lets try out if i can shoot him trougth the red fog.
    i charged the cata and he didnt hop of so i thougth he was fine with it.
    well lets just say he didnt get trougth the fog and fell to death.
    so someguy banned me.

19. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

It's odd. Other people have been complaining about being banned for no reason too.

Like blitz.

20. glowfisch

glowfisch Shipwright

heemz not to sure wy that happons what auto ban functions are there in KAg?.