1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Do you succeed in being stealthy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kuja, May 13, 2013.

1. Kuja

Kuja Shark Slayer

I've read some posts about people suggesting some stealth tactics (get in crate, get dropped on base; hide in bushes, and so on), but never actually succeeded em myself. The only time, i got into enemy base almost unnoticed, its when they all went off on a boat, except from some diggers. But i had to wait like 10 minutes, for the right moment, and still, got found pretty fast.

I dont know, if devs was thinking about stealth and diversions, but now - extremely hard.
    One of the main problems with that - range of sight. I hope, they will remove maximum zoom-out mode after realease.

Tell your storys.

Beef likes this.
  2. LadyHawk

LadyHawk Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

screen-13-05-08-17-58-02.png

And i think i Succeeded ;)

butterscotch, SlyStalker and Gofio like this.
  3. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Proberbly killed the Henry 15 times. :P

4. LadyHawk

LadyHawk Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Haha No, i was actually sitting
    WarMiddleIsland.png
    In the little spot in the center island on this map. when thier boats rode by i would jump down and rape everyone ;D

Deuce88 likes this.
  5. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I don't necessarily succeed in killing people while being stealthy, mostly due to my framerate issue, but I have a lot of fun going in the crates and getting people to call me The Crate Knight.

6. Kuja

Kuja Shark Slayer

btw, what your thoughts about drowning in crate? Maybe being in a crate should cancel drowning (i.e. air loss)? Or at least having much more air?

Sir_Walter likes this.
  7. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I definitely think being in a crate underwater should allow you to have a lot more air. Maybe the crate could degrade and water would seep in, making you drown eventually.

8. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I like the idea of being able to float inside a crate indefinitely, and always have. In fact, I'll put it to Ardi's mod thread. :P

9. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

The key point on LadyHawk's image was that she got killed by a builder, right?

Deuce88, LadyHawk and SlyStalker like this.
  10. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

I love using the tunnels down below as a passage towards the enemies' base, I'll wait until they go out on their boat, then jump out and destroy their factories :>

Apronymous likes this.
  11. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

I like doing what Canadian98 does, though it is a nuisance trying to not let the water come in. :L

12. Sarkalest

Sarkalest Shark Slayer

If you consider rushing as being stealthy, then yeah.

Gofio likes this.
  13. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

I guess it would be kinda cool to do a Trojan Horse like tactic, placing as many guys in crates and into a ship as possible and place it somewhere on the sea until the enemy takes it back to base.

Not that that would ever work.

14. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Keep all the 'Trojan Crate' soldiers in the boat compartment, if it's possible. I think I did see Hella do it once.

Lieber likes this.
  15. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

That's what I meant.

16. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

Crouching Archer Hidden Knight. I myself can be stealthy by hiding in a ditch at night. It doesn't work all that well but it gets the job done. So yes, I succeed in being "stealthy" sometimes.

17. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Archer:
    Duck, you'll be harder to see.
    Duck behind a crate, you can't be seen.
    Duck behind a crate in a factory, you are not even there.

Knight:
    • Always zoom out as far as possible, then hide as soon as you see enemies.
    • Use crates: They may not be able to protect you, but they can hide you. (crouching will make your enemies no-clip through you)
    • If there aren't any enemies or friends, just slash some doors open, and hide on the top floor of their base. They'll probably just repair the doors, and they won't search for you: Usually, top floor is workshops, with holes to storage buildings.
    • Kill or turn off lanterns.
    • Be lucky, be fast, and most of all, be clever.

Sarkalest likes this.
  18. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Best way, if you are blue go far left and red far right and then start digging downwards (you need 250 stone for this complex operation). Then every time you dig two blocks and go vertically down one block build two stone blocks above you until you have no stone left. That way I never die!

Apronymous and Gofio like this.
  19. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

Me drilling to enemy base: huehuehuehuehuehue... :smug:
    Me when drill suddenly overheats and enemies can see me: OH SHIT
    About a minute later: [DEAD] :QQ:

20. Villekille707

Villekille707 Shipwright

In TDM you can lift up the shopkeeper and hide behind him and the booth, when an enemy comes buy you can slash 'em. ;)

Gofio likes this.