1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Video Ej recording: Shoutcast General

Discussion in 'KAG Media' started by Ej, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Got encouraged by my try with Contrary. I also got a PC that can run recording software and not set on fire when trying to.

After multiple tries which featured limiting mumbling to minimum and turning down the in-game volume I came up with this:

Yes, I'm fully aware it's shit accent, shit cast and shit quality but everyone has to start somewhere.

MadDog, Corpse, toffie0 and 10 others like this.
  2. Agnar

Agnar Catapult Fodder

nice voice and video quality :)

3. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

Oeh I love that commentary! Nice video's too! Very cool Ej!:D

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Man that was quiet. Not a bad start but damn normalize your recording volume either in postproduction or at the time. I literally had to turn my speakers to 90% (the point where gmail blumps start clipping) to hear much at all. yt volume was on max.

CrystalClear likes this.
  5. Tweaked sound settings, buzzing mic is an unfixable problem though

</br>--- merged: Jun 8, 2013 8:11 PM ---</br>
    Woo, casted a single map with Monsteri (watch out, quality even worse than usual):

Then managed to commentate 2 really good gather games, both of which went forth and back, had some metagame and actually some really good plays:

You can also see that because of those games usually being super short (those 2 are actually an exception) I decided to pack entire bo3's in one video. Similarly to some streams, you can listen to illegal youtube music while reading dumbshit on the chat or just rewind the video forward.

Also as I'm posting this, only the first video is fully uploaded.

edit: apparently i will need to authorize to upload videos longer than 15 minutes. will do tomorrow

Corpse, 16th, Nananas and 3 others like this.
  6. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Turn mumble overlay off.

7. Cpa3y

Cpa3y Shark Slayer

"This video has been removed because it is too long." (​

8. Bomb timer goes from 50 to 0

9. Ok, I authorized, you can view one of the other 2 videos now, the other one will be viewable once it's done formating.

CrystalClear likes this.
  10. Cpa3y

Cpa3y Shark Slayer

Something wrong. Shoutcast#4: This video is private, Shoutcast#5: This video is unavailable.

11. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

4 works, 5 doesn't.

12. maybe someone l2read

13. I think you should move the screen less cause it makes me dizzy

14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: sound - you can postprocess the audio to remove the buzz and normalise the volume. Audacity does this very well and fairly quickly, if you're willing to do a little more fiddling. It's probably possible to write a script to automate the whole process, though ymmv on windows.

15. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I'll just add a quick note: if you use the continuous speech mode on mumble instead of push-to-talk/voice-activity, it will be easier to remove the buzz in audacity.

16. Geti

Afaik audacity lets you sample an area of noise and then remove that from any selection, which I think just ignores any silent bits, but either way it's a minor point. Either way I'd suggest a bit of post production :)

17. 16th

16th Bison Rider

Nice games. By the way here's how to read some of FAITH nicknames
    Screeam - [skrim]
    Cpa3y - [srʌzu]
    Pile - [pail]
    Rket - [rket]
    RaMmStEin - [rʌmʃtain]
    B1ack0ut - [blekʌut]
    vov4ic - [vovtʃik]

Andr01d likes this.

18. a nation war from the ongoing world cup. finally noise removed
    </br>--- merged: Jun 27, 2013 12:43 PM ---</br>
    uploading the games Contrary and I casted recently

1st video will be here:

2nd:

as always, it will be 1080p once it's done rendering

19. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Fffffuck

20. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I like how you guys always manage to cast the matches where I rage the most. :rollseyes:

CrystalClear likes this.