1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Capture the Points

Discussion in 'Gamemodes' started by nkChehov, Jun 9, 2013.

1. nkChehov

nkChehov Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

CPTitle.png

Capture The Points, its a multiplayer mode for King Arthur's Gold, beta version. To play on servers its request client to download. Till time-to-time I will update version of mode for, first at all, server side. Now day version you may see at top of this post or in game under the chat.

Its a short description which is designed to help you get start.
    Capture the Points, it is a multiplayer mod, where 2 teams trying to capture all the points and win round. Here you can play only for knight or archer.
    KoA.png
    As you respawn as one of the classes, you cant change it till you die. Click N button and choose other class that you will respawn with.

Well, now about victory conditions. You have 2 ways to win:
    1. Capture all the points and kill all the enemy)
    AllPoints.png
    2. By team score.
    TeamScore.png
    if you have more points then other team their score will go down and if it reaches zero you will win the round
    0Score.png

Now my explaining will be on example of standard map.
    When game starts, you will spawn at first point for class you chosen as
    start.png
    After you and your team capture the second point you may change your spawning position.
    SecPoint.png
    By clicking V button you will get a menu.
    PickSpawnPoint.png

Now, about money system, there is only one way to get money in our mod, its capturing the points ;) Every 5 second you will receive one coin for every point that your team have. For example, in Screenshots above you will get 2 coins for every 5 seconds (of course, 5 seconds can be changed).

Now, where you can spend this tons of gold. First at all, its shops, but 2 words about them:
    you can find those shops near some of the points
    PShops.png
    How you can understand, they have same color as point have
    ColorShops.png
    You can buy only in those shops, that belong your team! Now about our price list.

First at all things, that you may be interested are the combinations of different bombs and arrows
    Shopping.png
    Their prizes are very predisposing, for example: water arrow cost 3 coins, fire arrow cost 4 coins and bomb arrow 5 coins, same for knight bombs. So, when you get in shop, you may buy a combinations of different things. My favorite as archer (20 conventional arrows, 3+3 water arrows and 3 fire arrows, so I can get down the knight shields and hit them with fire, op ^) Also, in shops you can find Mounted bow or rock or, sometimes, AIRSHIP...

But, coming next. Second (in this moment) thing for your spending money is upgrading the points.
    Upgrade.png
    That will gave point additional hp and opportunity to teleport from this point to any others yours points
    PoitTele.png

Well, I think thats all in brief. The main thing that you must know to play this mod well, that in solo you are nothing, only teamplay, only hardcore!

How to install server
    1. unzip mod in your core KAG folder (\Kag Beta\)
    2. add name of mod to your (\Kag Beta\mods.cfg)
    (May check https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/howto-getting-mods-to-run-in-your-server.16474/ for more info)

This guide designed for mappers. We have many capabilities that we wanna to show you.
    I expect that you read the description, you may not understand something if you don't.

CPColor.png
    This are the main colors that you might use for CTP. Yes, that are those shops from description which team depended on team of the near point.

About points, you can make as many points as you wish. One you should know here, we make a dependence: more points more start score for teams. For example, in version 1.0 (25+ for each point) if in map there are 3 points, start score for teams will be 75, simple math.

Also, at version 1.0 you have opportunity to add bombers at map shops. (we also planing to add ships and etc.). How its work: if algorithm find in your Map Name word "airship" it will add in shops bombers.

Thats all that you must know. At next steps Ill just describe some kinds of maps that we discovered for now.

cp_Eretrium_classic (cp = "capture the points")
    cp_Eretrium_classic_panorama.png

koth_Chained_classic (koth = "king of the hill")

ad_Firewall_classic (ad = "attack/defense)
    ad_Firewall_classic_panorame.png

ad_adequate (ad = "attack/defense)

airship_pro (airship = special maps with bombers)
    airship_pro_panorame.png

pk_run (pk = "parkour")

Also, for super creativity people we added a jackitch pack of custom colors. Map with builders ;) sounds sweet.

CPAdd.png

We are ready to add any new video here. Just post it in this thread.
    (version 0.3)

Our history.
    MasterTitle.png

Thx everyone who found time to test our mods! Its very important for us.

Our Hall of Fame

Every Sunday we are making tests at Server, and if you wanna to try it out, just join #CaptureThePoints IRC channel at Sunday, get your client and play-play-play ;)

MappingTitle.png

NKkingTitle.png

As releasing is approaching we decided to open our doors for other Modders. We a ready to add every nice mod in Kag with our. So, if you have some nice ideas, that you think devs still not make, pm me, we can discus it and maybe at 1 July world will see it!

Also, we request a good mappers help. As you can see from description, there are many opportunity are already madded for mapping. We are using jackitch discovery, so we can add any block (or blob, like catapult), that you wanna to (for example, we added classical ladders, that was coded). Our mappers already using system, that analyze map name and add in shops some additional items (for example, if algorithm find in yours map name word airship it add in shops bomber!). Pm me, if you have time and ideas for future maps in Capture the Points mod!

If you wanna to report bug, follow method below:

DONATE us a little bit of place in your signature ;)

Code:
    [URL='https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/capture-the-points.14343/'][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tOP9EMd.png[/IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  2. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator

Description: allys are not able to continue recapturing the point
    Steps to reproduce: When enemy ctp and you are interrupting him capturing stops but if the enemy run away after capturing stops allies won't be able to continue the capturing process.
    Screenshots/Videos: none

Description: Not filled bar counts as a captured flag
    Steps to reproduce: ----
    Screenshots/Videos: [​IMG]

Description: Short lag spikes which allow players to teleport + at the beginning of the match small lag spike appears.

MadDog, Drusse, hans_02 and 2 others like this.
  3. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

This is really nice I will sure come to the next time we test it sorry I was a bit busy when we had the preimer of the test.

Mr_NeL likes this.
  4. nkChehov

Np dude, would like to see you at next time

5. Mr_NeL

Mr_NeL Shark Slayer

I would like to test with more people:)

6. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Looks good!

Is this from the same guy that made some of the nicer Terraria maps?

[​IMG]

7. Mr_NeL

Mr_NeL Shark Slayer

No) But I made chains in terraria too. This is not a unique idea!

8. 16th

16th Bison Rider

maybe a video from the testing?

9. Mr_NeL

Mr_NeL Shark Slayer

Video soon. I am little busy.

nkChehov and Apronymous like this.
  10. nkChehov

Next test time: Sunday 16 at 14:00 (GMT)

Hello guys. We can say, with confidence, that we have something to show you and next test announced!
    How will it go:
    Join test group can everyone, so ,will wait you at this Sunday! :B):

CrystalClear, VanHuek and Kalikst like this.
  11. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

I live in Australia, yeah I know ;-;
    Could you possibly change it to 6PM Friday because then it would be Saturday 12PM for me.
    Otherwise I can't come which is fine if you can't change the time.

12. nkChehov

You mean make it on Friday instead of Sunday? :huh?: (on Saturday we will test only on server side, without ppl)

Digger101 likes this.
  13. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Yes because that would be Saturday 12AM for me.

14. Miggles

Miggles Shark Slayer

12 PM is noon. Do you mean AM?

Digger101 likes this.
  15. nkChehov

Sorry guys, we can make it only at Sunday. But full day for it. Our time region is (+4). Just catch me at Sunday in IRC and we can discus it for an easy ;)
    </br>--- merged: Jun 13, 2013 4:58 PM ---</br>

dnmr likes this.
  16. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

Is a awesome idea ! I can join the test group ?

17. nkChehov

everyone can ;)

Apronymous and UltraMarine_Val like this.
  18. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

Can i be in next CTF team PLZ ;3 i <3 this

19. Mr_NeL

Mr_NeL Shark Slayer

Hi, you have Gold version? You must buy game for it. This mod is only for beta (full), sorry.

20. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester