1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Cannot Connect To Servers

Discussion in 'General Help' started by pierreofthefrench, Sep 25, 2011.

1. pierreofthefrench

pierreofthefrench Shipwright

Hello, I mentioned this issue on moddb but I figured it would be more appropriate to post it on the forums.

I played the demo, thought it was fantastic, and bought the game but I'm having troubles connecting to the servers often. I've added exceptions to the firewall on the mentioned ports for UDP and TCP, added the program to the exceptions for windows firewall, and also run it in administrator mode.

Every once in a while I can connect to a server but it is like 1 in 100 times when clicking connect so it's a bit of a pain :) Just wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to fix this issue. Thanks.

Edit: Now, on the off chance it does work, my ping is 1500+ (on servers I was on yesterday with 100) :(

Edit: Went to join a server today (kag2d.fr) and say the connection was successful! Then the game crashed before anything loaded :( It's toying with me lol

2. pierreofthefrench

Nobody else is having this problem?

Running on 64-bit Windows 7

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Oh, you did post this here! Glad to see that it's here.

I think this is due to the emulation of 32-bit programs on 64-bit windows. Anyone using a 64bit OS having similar issues?

4. pierreofthefrench

Hey, yeah I posted it shortly after the I posted the comment about the problem, figured if I found what was wrong others may be able to use it :)

I would be surprised if it was 32-bit vs 64-bit only because I would have thought more people would be having this issue if that were the case, I'll have to find someone I know with a 32-bit system on campus to test it out. Everyone I live with runs 64-bit windows 7 too.

It's still possible the campus network can be blocking the traffic I guess, but like I mentioned, been here over 3 years and never have had connection problems with any programs/games. I'll update here if I find anything.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Good to hear. I'm using 32bit, and so's MM (on all manner of operating systems from windows through linux, afaik his macbook is 32bit as well) so we're unlikely to pick up on issues like that :/