1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Capture the Points

Discussion in 'Gamemodes' started by nkChehov, Jun 9, 2013.

1. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

How do you join the test group

2. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Please read before you ask a question you might find it's been answered.

^

3. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I did join it and nothing happend.

4. It's nice idea to make something like that :thumbs_up:.

5. Mr_NeL

Mr_NeL Shark Slayer
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

"We decided to make a more simple way to test. Everyone, who wanna to see CTP just join #CaptureThePoints IRC channel at Sunday. Thats all ;)"

</br>--- merged: Jun 19, 2013 11:53 AM ---</br>
    screen-13-06-19-15-38-22.png screen-13-06-19-15-38-31.png

6. nkChehov

nkChehov Ballista Bolt Thrower

Sorry, my English is not so ideal... if you found some mistakes or incomprehensible moments at text, pm me pls =)

Capture the Points, it is multiplayer mod, where 2 teams trying to capture all the points and win round. Here you can play only for knight or archer.
    KoA.png
    As you respawn as one the classes, you cant change it till you die. Click N button and choose other class that you will respawn with.

Well, now about victory conditions. You have 2 ways to win:
    1. Capture all the points and kill all the enemy)
    AllPoints.png
    2. By team score.
    TeamScore.png
    if you have more points then other team have their score will coming down and if it reaches zero you will win
    0Score.png

Now My explaining will be on example of standard map.
    When game starts, you will spawn at first point for class you chosen as
    start.png
    After you and your team capture the second point you can change your spawn after death point.
    SecPoint.png
    By clicking M button you can choose new spawning position
    PickSpawnPoint.png

Now, about money system, there is only one way to get money in our mod, its capturing the points, how you can understand ;) Every 5 second you will receive one coin for every point that your team have. For example, in Screenshots above you will get 2 coins for every 5 seconds (of course, 5 seconds can be changed).

Now, where you can spend this tons of gold. First at all, its shops, but 2 words about them:
    near some of the points you can find those shops
    PShops.png
    How you can understand, they have the same color as point have
    ColorShops.png
    You can buy only in shops, that belong your team! Now about our price list.

The main things you can spend your money for in shops for yourself are the combinations of different bombs and arrows
    Shopping.png
    Their prizes are very predisposing, for example: water arrow cost 3 coins, fire arrow cost 4 coins and bomb arrow 5 coins, same for knight bombs. So, when you get in shop, you may buy a combinations of different things. My favorite as archer (20 conventional arrows, 3+3 water arrows and 3 fire arrows, so I can get down the knight shields a hit them with fire, op ^) Also, in shops you can find Mounted bow or rock or, sometimes, AIRSHIP...

But, coming next. Second (in this moment) thing for your spending money is upgrading the points.
    Upgrade.png
    That will gave point additional hp and opportunity to teleport from this point to any another yours points
    PoitTele.png

Well, I think thats all in brief. The main thing that you must know to play this mod well, that in solo you are nothing, only teamplay, only hardcore!

PinXviiN and SirLoading like this.
  7. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

awesome idea

8. nkChehov

Every Sunday we are making tests at Server, and if you wanna to try it out, just join #CaptureThePoints IRC channel at Sunday, get your client and play-play-play ;)

MappingTitle.png
    NKkingTitle.png

As releasing is approaching we decided to open our doors for other Modders. We a ready to add every nice mod in Kag with our. So, if you have some nice ideas, that you think devs still not make, pm me, we can discus it and maybe at 1 July world will see it!​
    Also, we request a good mappers help. As you can see from description, there are many opportunity are already madded for mapping. We are using jackitch discovery, so we can add any block (or blob, like catapult), that you wanna to (for example, we added classical ladders, that was coded). Our mappers already using system, that analyze map name and add in shops some additional items (for example, if algorithm find in yours map name word airship it add in shops bomber!). Pm me, if you have time and ideas for future maps in Capture the Points mod!​

Kalikst likes this.
  9. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I'll pm you my full palette when I get home nkChehov. I finished one that has (almost) every block.

nkChehov likes this.
  10. nkChehov

You save us much time :thumbs_up:

11. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

be sure to also post it you know where

12. Cave__Johnson

Cave__Johnson Haxor

whats the server pass?

13. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator

The mode is still in testing, so every Sunday we have open testing. You can join the irc chat and we will say the pass and what to do to play the mode if you are new to it.
    irc: #CaptureThePoints

14. Demoralizator

Demoralizator Shark Slayer

i can't join the irc ;c idk why can someone tell me what's going on? (if something is wrong, sorry my english isn't very good)

15. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator

You must press on that #CaptureThePoints , then enter you nickname and press join chat and you should join
    If you still wont be able to join download that and follow the instruction inside of that file.

16. Cave__Johnson

Cave__Johnson Haxor

dang I missed it :P yesterday

17. Ketchup

Ketchup Builder Stabber

I recommand you to make flat maps for this mode.

Digger101 likes this.
  18. Mr_NeL

Mr_NeL Shark Slayer

19. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

I must fast win premium in tortament and play this!!!

Digger101 likes this.
  20. Ketchup

Ketchup Builder Stabber

Or buy it ?!

;):thumbs_up:

Apronymous likes this.