1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Michael attended few days ago an event at “Pixel...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Jun 18, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

[​IMG]

Michael attended few days ago an event at “Pixel Heaven” in Warsaw. He showed there our amazing game, KAG…and guess what? We won the first prize as the best Indie Game. Congratulations!
    You can see more photos of our event here - CLICK!

Full article about the event (in Polish) - CLICK!
    Furai

Original DevBlog post.

Stevedog, MadDog, illu and 27 others like this.
  2. AcidSeth

AcidSeth Arsonist

Well, Press Quotes and Awards needed something more to brag about.
    Really congratulations, totally deserved!

[​IMG]
         YOU'R WINNER !!! !​

original cup from SirSalami Holy Grail :<

SlyStalker and Rayne like this.
  3. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

LadyHawk, SlyStalker, I3lue and 2 others like this.
  4. Aer

Aer Shipwright

How does one win a Game when the Game isnt even Officially out yet?

Honestly I'm a lil pissed that I paid money for me n my friend to play this Game and since the last patch became an unbearing play till 1.0 is released.... if its ever to be released.

Kouji and Rayne can attest to me being a decent and active member in the early days. But this is robbery and unfair. when the fuck will we get the Game we paid for?

UnionBossJack likes this.
  5. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

Sounds like that silent strategy the devs have been doing recently is having some unintended side-effects it seems... :huh?:

While I do understand the initial reason why, the rest of the community has had nothing sort of news in the last few months or so, and that leads to people thinking the devs ran away or something. I get the feeling despite the experimental nature of the current beta, being open about that would probably been a better option than remain silent. Don't know really.

UnionBossJack likes this.
  6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

https://forum.kag2d.com/forums/announcements.80/

Oh, what's that, a thread on the beta game from just 2 weeks ago. Oh man they haven't talked in forever. I mean 4 days is such a long time ago...
    I want updates on this game daily and possibly even every hour.

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@Aer, you might want to scroll around the forum some time. Try downwards, towards that large "BETA" section.
    For what it's worth, using words like robbery is borderline slander and implies we're criminals. I protest to that.

Reactorecore, we'll be going open-public with it once it's in a "safe" state for the press to be tinkering with. I'm sure you can understand why we'd be less than keen for them to be reviewing en masse with the current state, especially with fairly large changes in each patch. We feel it'll be stable enough in a week or so to go public, unless everyone somehow hates the changes yet again :)

SlyStalker, Stevedog, Alpaca and 7 others like this.
  8. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Congrats :)

9. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

You didn't pay for a finished game, that they are hiding from you somewhere, you payed to support the DEVELOPMENT of a game by a small, lone group of dedicated game dev's, who have been working on it non stop. Robbery? Unfair? like, actually though, you did realize at the time of your purchase that the game isn't complete yet, right? These things take time. It's an investment, have a little patience, wait for it to pay off.

btw:
    Amg geti so sassy. I liek dat in a gaem dev '-'

LadyHawk, feet, SlyStalker and 2 others like this.
  10. geti give back noburu the money he paid for my premium

I D E M A N D I T

#occupyGeti

11. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

I meant the official blog, where the last tangible update was 2 months ago (that shark teaser doesn't count, as it doesn't say anything clear about the situation, unlike the post before it). I prefer following the blog than going through the forum to find information since the blog offers the relevant major updates a user cares about without overloading the user with various unnecessary stuff like you get when trying to find something through the forums.

@Geti:

Yeah, I get what you mean and I see a your point, considering that when classic KAG went under massive changes from one update to another, you and MM probably had to deal with a mountain of emails, threads and other complaints, so I can see why you want to stay quiet.

But then again - and this is just me musing, not 100% sure about this or anything - is it the right thing to do? From a perspective of a fan, that primarily follows the progress of the development through official channels, primarily the blog, it seems like indeed the development of the game that was promised suddenly went quiet and probably prompted the reaction that Aer had, as he assumed the worst.

I only came aware about the silent beta while I was playing on a Zombie Fortress server when suddenly a buddy I was playing with decided "he wanted to go play the beta now", after I asked him about it and he told me how to find it. If it wasn't for him, I'd still be clueless to this day and probably have the same feeling Aer does now. I'm feeling positive and happy because I got to play the beta, regardless of how different it is and how it keeps getting overhaul every two weeks or so.

With that said, maybe it may have been better idea to talk about it, although not in a full official capacity, as in you put up a development blog post about the progress so far and then have a tiny link at the bottom to the beta and say "you can try this, but don't expect anything big at this point, everything is subject to change, this is not an official release".

This would let the public know that things are still going and there is actually something they can try out, while seeing that this is a heavy WIP, so they know to expect radical changes and thus coach the users not to get too attached to it, and hopefully, be less vocal about it. I think this would work out for better PR.

Happiness, LadyHawk and PadaV4 like this.
  12. -Q

-Q Donator

Congratulations, guys, you deserve it. Don't listen to any of these haters.

13. Rubixxcube

Rubixxcube Bison Rider

At pixelheaven, was Classic shown, or was the current state of Beta shown?

14. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Considering that there's a video of KAB in the website, and it talks about AoE 2 being an inspiration as well, probably Beta.

Apronymous likes this.
  15. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

AoE2 is always an inspiration.
    CHARGE, PALADINS! HUUUAARRGGHH! :sword::>:(::flex:

Happiness and Apronymous like this.
  16. Congrats, guys.

17. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

Congrats KAG! You got 1st place. And well done Geti and MM for creating this game, and thanks Furai, Shadlington, SirSalami and any others who have helped create and maintain this amazing game!

Rouge

18. Aer

Aer Shipwright

http://playstarbound.com/

day by Day daily update even jsut a heads up.
    These guys nabbed up a SHIT TON for Pre-Order with there own 'Kickstarter' themed sponsor packages.
    Its not even in beta and is standing a better stance than Kag at this current time from becoming to Fruition as a full game, let alone take off. Its as if Kags ripple in the pond was many moons ago. Fuck Terraria is even BACK before we could get a game to a Proper Beta

and as for the Dev Posts @Geti ,
    seen them, but you dont update the Devblog, nor the game itself and its been a long while since last game update.

19. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Just so you know, Classic isn't getting an update. In fact it's been stated several times. On the other hand, the beta is.

delankski likes this.
  20. TFW someone actually believes that the people making Starbound are not going to flee to Tijuana with all the money that sad nerds have paid for useless features that will never get coded.

Seriously, out of all the games you chose the most overhyped one. Sure they keep posting stuff on their blog but that actually means it's time they don't spend developing the game.
    I mean, I just took a brief look at their blog:

"So today is a Sunday. Which means it’s our day off and of course we spend our day off working on Starbound!"
    You work on your game on Sundays, that's just like every indie developer ever (technically Starbound devs wouldn't have too, they already made enough money to spend their lifetime in Tijuana).

In fact, I don't really know why you are saying that
    I am able to play both KAG classic and KAG Beta at his very point of time while Starbound is nowhere near being completed. What Starbound developers are doing right now is posting that they are working on the game and collecting more money for the features that have never been released to the public (in fact, most of the stuff they have shown could be made by Arcrave in gamemaker).

I am also pretty sure that they are going to pull off a Schafer and remind that you need to pump more money into them before they can release the game (and "release the game" means "flee to Tijuana").

But oh well, the power of marketing. Nowadays people would buy a piece of shit wrapped in shiny paper if the people behind it organized AMAs and released pixel art every 2nd day.

cheers

illu, Monsteri, UnnamedPlayer and 9 others like this.