1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 800 - Control the Halls! (No OSX build yet)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

Still not as good as classic KAG

2. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

At least elaborate about it, because when I see comment like this it rustles my inner dick.

paradoxicalenigma likes this.
  3. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

The combat is slippery, the movement is strange, there is no CTF (yet), noone ever builds a proper base like in classic, games usually end up boring and repetitive; stalemate.

All in all, I just don't like the feel of it, especially the combat.

LostPix likes this.
  4. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

lol, the combat is what makes the beta awesome, it's not a fuckin lame stab spaming anymore like it is in classic.

Deuce88 likes this.
  5. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I do agree, what I've noticed about combat is that you need to touch someone with just the small pixel at the tip of the sword and it hits which actually is hard to predict. The movement issue is due to this whole parkour approach devs took, it's hard to jump into 2 block tall doors and it's really clunky overall, weird to see knight doing that especially. The problem with bases, there isn't enough blocks to build with, nothing spark creativity to build interesting architectural pieces, everything looks like a wall. CTF as far as I know won't be the official gamemode which means most likely mods.

I'm more concerned about maps turning into huge craters right now, even MM laughed when I told him in game that it's post-apocalyptic, it's also due to the fact maps are rather small and that keeps the action going all the time.

Other stuff, the moment you get bad childish players on your team it turns into nightmare to play, a reputation system in game would be glorious, people should rate each other and this rating can carry around and you get some sort of symbol representing that (the only side effect is elitism), so like stars above your name in game and in scoreboard, people with low score will pretty much send notice automatically to everyone this player is bad and unreliable.

Fernegulus likes this.
  6. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Is skybridges fixed now? There was skybridges in 800, I don't know if it's fixed on 801.

Deuce88 likes this.
  7. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

[modified] support requirement is practically removed
    It's intentional.

8. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Should be fixed now.

JacKD, AcidSeth and Wargod-Loki like this.
  9. SeanAS

Why though, I don't like that. :(

10. Monsteri

Any particular reason?

11. Deuce88

Deuce88 Shipwright

i'm diggin the new mode

12. SeanAS

It's seems like it would be too easy to get over someones tower, when you can just put block after block, until you are over their tower.

Wargod-Loki likes this.
  13. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

The game is even more stab-spamming, since the jab speed is like 2 stabs per second. I just don't like it to be honest, though, I keep forgetting it's trying to be a completely separate game.

Kazaco97 and delankski like this.
  14. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I usually just jump away but that's one of the reasons why combat feels like this, everyone jumps away, there should be a proper shield bash that would stop jab spammers, like you hold shield button and you charge shield bash automatically then press left mouse to bash, the charging bar can work the same way as archers bow pull so it goes to max power then back to low and again, instead of some bullshit jump shield bash thing, time the bash right at the peak of power then it's your upper hand to finish your opponent with quick charge and double slash.

15. AcidSeth

AcidSeth Arsonist

[​IMG]
    Ohmy, I hope it doesn't end up like this.

Monsteri likes this.
  16. SeanAS

Haahahaah, It probobly will. :P

17. Flameofice

Flameofice Builder Stabber

I don't think this "halls" idea is working as well as everyone thought it would. Most games I've played or seen so far in the new patch goes like this:

- Team A acquires a dinghy and sails across the water, capturing every neutral hall.
    - As a result, A has large amounts of workers for factories.
    - Team B, on the other hand, has limited workers and is thus unable to build many factories.
    - B is inevitably overwhelmed by A, who has far more weapons, workers, and bases than B.

To top it all off, A seems to acquire a war boat very early on, which, as a result of B's lack of tech, is near-impossible to destroy. This also causes this type of gameplay to happen on maps with only two halls.

If it's okay, I propose the following:

- Remove the migrant/peasant/worker system entirely, requiring gold to construct factories.
    - Re-implement tunnels, barracks, and storage buildings, and possibly dorms for healing and respawning.
    - Nerf halls, so their only purpose is to view the research tree and to be captured or defended. (Removing the pre-constructed defenses, as well as a size reduction, could also benefit gameplay.)
    - Re-work scrolls or the research tree, so gold can't be used to skip large portions of it.

I overall prefer the idea of halls over the migrants, as bases are built to accomodate a team's needs, and not to fufill a criteria. However, the current system heavily encourages rushing, as doing so gives a nearly-unstoppable advantage.

RoboHobo likes this.
  18. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

I don't know if you guys realised, but almost every game happens in other way than @up. It's like:
    1. One team slowly but surely takes great advantage over the other one, capturing most of the map.
    2. They are capturing the last point, almost there.
    3. The second team survives the attack and slowly captures all the points and it wins.
    Wtf?

CrispyChips35 and LostPix like this.
  19. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

We both played that game, you got swapped to blue who was winning whole game then we suddenly recovered and attacked back, took middle then camped with warboat at your main base.

Fernegulus likes this.
  20. Monsteri

What? Honestly? The enemy gets a long-ass stun if he jabs your shield, leaving him vulnerable for a couple counter-jabs, or you can just back off and keep on slash dancing.

You're just too bade.
    We have the tools to counter skybridges now. If they get that far, it's pretty much your own fault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.