1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What do you want in an ideal CTF mode?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rayne, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

no water anywhere. no, nowhere. not even there. not even a little. none.

slower building but sturdier buildings (ie. none of this instantly spam up a whole tower in 30 seconds or wreck a whole base with 1 shot)

less tedious busywork, ie. no having to make migrant hotels or taking food to kitchens

keep stuff like bomb arrows and ballistas strong but make it so they arent available until very very late game so that theres room for the actual "hit 'em with your sword" gameplay.

this will not be a popular idea but less items. we dont need a water version of every weapon. make everything have a well defined niche and make every niche have a well defined mechanic fulfilling it.

16th, delankski, killatron46 and 6 others like this.
  2. eamono

eamono Arsonist

this should be a suggestion for the game in general, too much tech overlap

Apronymous likes this.
  3. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

I'm not sure about this but would/could the base(!base on command servers) be the flag, because that would be very neat implement.

4. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Completely agree with Contrary here, and master, that some items should be removed as add little to the game, or just make for me make it less about actual combat. E.g. water/bomb arrows.

Remove water.

Workshop block where you can build a factory/workshop. Also well for a workshop (extinguish fire).

Old ladders back (one tile)

About combat I feel the hearts should be set back to how they were, archers able to stay in one place on a tree, arrow trajectory made better - much too loopy? I also prefer combat being more about jabbing with the power up of a slash as it promotes more teamplay and easier for the new player. Also knights jabbing dirt and stone.

The new blocks should be removed, whatever they are called, and team bridges brought back as they work much better, repairing blocks that are damaged should be brought back - without notching there should be someway the defenders get a good height advantage, like a ramp or something they can build?

Also day/night should be longer and it should not go pitch black.

Oh also: less gold dependent, coins brought back, Jackard's HUD and gold bullion.

Starsly, 16th, delankski and 2 others like this.
  5. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

So pretty much Classic?
    For a CTF mode, as long as the objective is to capture the flag I'm fine with it.

Apronymous likes this.
  6. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I want less maps that are centered around the water level rising over time

7. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

This is how I think that rounds should be in turms of pace. Tdm being fast pace 5-10 minutes, Ctf being the middle with 30-45 mins, and War being about 1-2 hours.

Ctf be knight and archer combat heavy, but the builders will be need to advance up. All of the flame arrows, kegs, and satchles(spelled wrong) should be the builders job. Remove the 20 minute start time and outpost(if anyone rembmebers them) something that has to be made in a factory.

Water should be shallow, even though this up to the map makers. This would all building bases in water and pushing up alot easier. Longboats should only tranport people and warboats should be the only way to take out a good water base. Make stone worth 20 and wood worth 5. Flatter and longer mainlands would make siege more viable.

8. eamono

eamono Arsonist

this made me laugh much harder then it should, I loved outpost's way more then tunnles but every good server used tunnles :(

another thing that should be noted for a perfect CTF mode: give more config options for server owners to perfect it, for example: clan matches may want to have a "flag carrier can't attack" turned on, or perhaps have a "throw flag allowed" config,

9. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

If old style workshops are re-implemented, they should be coupled with the build times from Beta on things like siege weapons.

10. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Brief list:

• No water, unless it can be made "fun", right now its just a drag.
    • Flag throwing kept to a minimum, (when you throw flag it goes a very short distance, not like in classic where you can 100 yard throw the thing).
    • Better bomb jumps, maybe even make bombs phase through players like in classic? Never really liked the idea of solid bombs.
    • Only have 4 workshops, bomb, arrow, quarters, and siege. Upgrade arrow shop with gold to get fire arrows (and MAYBE bomb arrows, but I'd like them to be REALLY expensive if you decide to leave them in).
    Can't think of too much else right now.

Vidar, Kalikst, 16th and 1 other person like this.
  11. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Too simple

12. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Additionals:

Knight combat needs a tad bit of work, Like what contrary was saying earlier, there needs to be niches with mechanics that fill them. I believe the old rock paper scissors style of combat should make a comeback.
    1. Slashing > Jab spam
    2. Jab spam > Shield bash
    3. Shield bash > Slashing
    To make this work: Slashing will need to be slowed down a bit, shield bash needs to be implemented, and jabs need to not get stunned on shield contact.

• Tunnels might still be good as build-able shops.
    • No day/night cycle; Night time just slows the game down, I've rarely seen anyone actually wait for dark then rush under the cover of night, most of the time its like: "omg I cant see lets camp till itz lite agin".
    • Gold needs to play a more significant role and provide a decent advantage. This is King Arthur's GOLD after all.
    • Wood needs to be slower to collect or wooden construction needs to be nerf'd considerably, maybe even remove wooden blocks altogether (excluding the bridges a fore mentioned by OP).
    • No trader.

Starsly, Vidar, Gurin and 2 others like this.
  13. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Moar kites, slopes, bisonchopters, and better trampolines
    </br>--- merged: Jun 29, 2013 1:58 AM ---</br>
    Actully the new build is ideal for ctf. Its too fast paced for war

14. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Can you add "Ropes" ?

Vaine likes this.
  15. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

This this this this

[​IMG]

NinjaCell, Digger101 and delankski like this.
  16. 16th

16th Bison Rider

Ideal CTF? Classic Mechanics + New combat system + Fire. Done!
    No water, classic tickets system, classic bombs, notch climbing, classic ladders, bridges (all classic bulding system). And new block for fast collapsing things.
    I mean CTF was almost perfect in alfa.

Starsly, LucasTT, Vaine and 1 other person like this.
  17. SuperTurdBoy

SuperTurdBoy Tree Planter

No tech reasearch, you get all tech at start but you should add a building time for
    Ctf cause it shouldent have water and people will rush.

Sorry for word wall

18. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

Couldn't agree more... bring back the alpha arrow trajectory and I'll be a happy archer. The current ones feel like I'm tossing bloody 10 ton arrows.

16th, 8x and Apronymous like this.
  19. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

No, I disagree.

-Just a list-

*Shield bash
    *Different types of mats. I.e: Iron ore is used to get something off the tech tree. Silver is used for a better income, also for an item in the tech tree.
    *Useless items at start of tech tree, as you progress, you get stronger and better items.
    *Better climbing, and vaulting.
    *Another class...
    *Animals.

I could think of much more, just the basis of what I would recommend.

(Maybe no friendly fire?)

20. 16th

16th Bison Rider

Lol. Who need this shiat in CTF? Can you imagine gather match ore clanwar with all this? Pff...