1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of 'Halls'?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eamono, Jul 1, 2013.

?

What do you think of 'Halls'?

1. OMG, they are like sweet interactive poetry in 2D indie format.

22.5%
  2. I like them.

49.4%
  3. I hate them.

13.5%
  4. WTF, war is now ruined forever.

14.6%
  1. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Do you like the new gamemode? How would you make it better?

IMO I love it, it has clear objectives and a clear win condition, there are a few balance problems but that is to be expected from a new gamemode (in a beta). To make it better I would add in 2 things, 1. maps have no edge, it will keep looping around in circles, and 2. Remove travel between captured halls, I hate how I'm about to start capturing a hall and one person says "o noes red is at our hall!" and now 5 people just TP'ed to the hall I want to capture :(

butterscotch likes this.
  2. TheUltraHamster

TheUltraHamster Tree Planter

Nope I don't like it. I think it should be RED vs. BLUE with 0 tickets and 0 objectives. Just eliminate the enemy. With a minimum of 20 players to start. Of course this is what I want it to be but it probably can't due to the lack of players on the BETA. Something similar would be fine.

3. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

I would much rather the old War, at least there wasn't any sneaking around in that. The goal of it was clear, murder EVERYONE and leave nothing standing. It could use a good bit of work but its better than CTH, where you lose because one guy has just sat in a single place for 15 seconds or so without your oh-so-competent team seeing him.

Mihu and Beelzebub like this.
  4. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Doesn't that include you?

Galen likes this.
  5. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

Yes, yes it does. However i usually just kill said team instead of hiding.

6. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

I enjoy the gamemode overall it's very fun,the game mode itself works properly most of the time but I just really dislike when a team rushes they basically own that round and most likely are going to win, because by draging the other team back to their first and only hall, they win. \

Also as I said I enjoy the game mode itself but the items that people use with the new update is ashame, they just spamm spikes everywhere and lay mines all over the map and do skybridges to gain control of a hall.

Apronymous likes this.
  7. Oguh

Oguh Builder Stabber

I don't like it at all. Previous version was way too contraining to build a base, what's with the settlements and everything. But now the games are just too fast. First of all whoever rushes the fastest usually win, mostly because of the number limit of factories. Plus I just don't like not having a base anymore. I think the previous version needed improvement but this isn't it. I think we should remove villagers all together really. You just need your regular base which allows you to build as many factories as you want. There, that's it.
    Most of all I just don't think that capture the point has it's place in kag.

jfurndoifu likes this.
  8. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

All of your complaints would be fixed with a build phase, right?

Wargod-Loki likes this.
  9. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

I like the whole beta and the capture the hall concept, i dont like skybridges and the overpowered spikes and i think a big issue is the missing build time and propably most maps, but then maps might be no issue when there's a building time.

Apronymous likes this.
  10. eamono

eamono Arsonist

After playing a few more games I found another big problem, All players that join in the middle of a match will spawn on the far left or right side of the map, even if the enemy controls that hall

11. Oguh

Oguh Builder Stabber

Well in the last build there was technically a build phase because on most maps you couldn't get to the ennemy without drawning anyway but I guess you're right yeah. I think it's important to find a middle point between too much to build and too little. Right now there is too little to build especially if you only have 1 base.

Also I still think ballistas are still too efficient. Even more so now that they also act as a spawn point.

12. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

I like Capture the Halls, it gives clear objectives for the group and makes it easier to coordinate a team since everyone already knows where they need to fortify the position. It offers a maximum number of migrants for factories thus it promotes careful planning regarding the resources available, plus we don't have to waste time with silly hotel buildings for migrants and spend more time fighting.

Now if only they'd fix the bugs that appeared since the last patch and get rid of those silly sky bridges. :rollseyes:

EDITED: Would also be nice if it took a bit to research barracks... all this sudden rush is annoying since I keep seeing all the players run off as knights and one lone builder trying to build all the crap needed for a full working base. A bit sad since players tend to forget later to build factories. (happened in one match I joined mid-way) :huh?:

13. Oguh

Oguh Builder Stabber

Well usually what happens during the rush phase is that everyone is knight and someone go builder to get ladders to access the other spawn point.
    As far as factories go I started making 4 war supplies which allows for a ton of bombs which is usually all you need unless the game last longer.

14. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

Yeah but I'd consider it a problem if you can win the game with a squad of knights and only bombs... seems unbalanced since it would make all the end tier items such as fire arrows, satchels, boats, ballista etc. useless!

15. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

I haven't seen people use ballistas, boats, fire arrows, or the rest of the end/later tier gear. Just a simple knight rush can win the game easily, and on water maps the water doesn't do anything to stop a full grown man with a shield, sword, and heavy plate armour from getting to your side unharmed. Basically they need to go back to having people start as builders, requiring boats or such to get across the water, and having to research and build a barracks before you can go knight/archer.

jfurndoifu and Raelian like this.
  16. Oguh

Oguh Builder Stabber

Yeah that's what I was trying to say. I agree with what Ratka said. Just remove the settlements imo.

17. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

It's okay but I think that..well..it is too easy. Most of your bar is already built.
    All you have to so is a bit of fortification to the top and add a couple of workshops, I don't see what was wrong with classic CTF..?

18. BC

BC Bison Rider

I enjoy Capture the halls. I like how the tunnel, research, storage and class change is all incorporated into the hall. In older war modes I found it tedious building each structure separately

Beepo likes this.
  19. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Well this thread may be a tad bit late considering the fact they came out a while ago. I just want to know what some people think of halls and have a discussion about them

20. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I just merged the two separate threads from Amgtree and Eamono together, leaving the poll in; next time, take a look at the threads already made, Amgtree. :P