1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The direction kag is going.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PadaV4, May 22, 2013.

?

Would you like to Geti continue supporting KAG classic wth patches.

1. Yes, i would like that. I even would be ready to pay for it

34.5%
  2. yes i would like that. But would not pay for it.

22.1%
  3. No. Kag beta(the new kag) is better anyways.

43.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnionBossJack

UnionBossJack Catapult Fodder

Please fix the top 10 bugs in classic! Almost all the skilled players play classic over beta. They say the 'feel' of the beta is way off compared to classic and that classic required skill unlike beta.

They said the "feel" is like comparing a very early SNK brawler with Capcoms Street Fighter 2. The early SNK fighter is the beta, Street Fighter 2 is the classic KAG.

Early SNK brawlers are clunky and terrible. They got better over time not because fans could mod them, but the actual developers who rake in the cash realized that they needed to do better and learned how to do so. They did not rely on fans to code better games using the mod tools and rake in the cash while the fans did all the work.

I am very upset at the lack of integrity and apparent skill of the KAG developers. I pray that they salvage KAG and not botch it totally. I realize that the sycophantic fans here will attack me and deny everything I said but based on nearly 30 years of industry experience KAG is going downhill. If anyone wants to hear more of my thoughts message me.

16th likes this.
  2. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

They "say" the feel of the beta is not good? Well, it's a work in progress obviously and you have not tried it yourself. You can't jump to conclusions and say it's terrible for all players, especially if you didn't have first hand experience. I don't like the Beta, but I understand why it's rough since it's only meant to be a preview of what's to come.

I think it's best to wait until KAG is release before we jump to conclusions.

Apronymous and Galen like this.
  3. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

FOX News claimed Mass Effect was a sex game. They said it should be banned because of bad influence on children.

Don't trust what people say, get your own opinion on it.

Glenfield and link6155 like this.
  4. UnionBossJack

I have played beta since day one of silent beta. My brother is a premium member and he lets me play it. I know what I am talking about.

5. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Sorry but skill in classic is non existent and it comes from a player like me who killed 20 players in last stand and won, it all comes down to luck and logic, calling it skill is a massive mistake, of course it did have different feel to it but with considerable amount of glitches and lag issues you can't call it a skill when odds are always unfair, don't listen to people who want this game to be competitive, which is bullshit, this game should be meant to be fun, who doesn't like to blow the shit out of each other and destroy some castles while robbing and pillaging, that's what KAG was always for me, one team builds a castle while other team of better organized players destroys everything on their path because nothing can stop them, I don't like this whole hero bullshit people seem to be living on, team is what matters.

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Regardless of whether this is feeding the trolls or not:

I find it rather flabbergasting that you challenge our integrity or skill based on the opinions of others. From your grey name I assume you haven't played the beta, but either way doesn't particularly matter.

We're trying to stay as open as it's feasible to do with a 2 man core team trying to release a well overdue game. You challenging our integrity is piss in my face.

We aren't relying on anyone to "fix the game for us" as you seem to think. The modding aspect is a happy consequence of the engine being exposed to scripts, and while it might be something the community is very happy to see, it's actually a secondary concern for us compared with the increased iteration time and fewer development clashes.

Skill is potentially a topic that's up for discussion I guess, but it seems fairly petty. We aren't claiming to be the best programmers or artists or game designers out there, but we believe that we're making an enjoyable game and that we're doing a pretty good job of it. We don't have teams of programmers, artists, designers, audio engineers, testing teams, etc etc to throw at the game, we're just trying to build something fun for both the current community and the players to come.

Your "30 years experience" is both questionable and largely meaningless. If you'd been in the industry that long it would make you at least 45 and most likely past your prime, if you've just been playing games that long that gives you as much advantage as any regular gamer just with the added bonus of experiencing the development of computers more or less first hand - either way saying it is the equivalent of dick waving.

We're well aware that the beta isn't as refined in some aspects as classic, but we're working almost literally around the clock on improving that. I'm not sure what else we can do to improve your opinion of us, but it occurs to me that we also don't have to. You can stick to hating us if you like.

Sir_Walter, Invaders, LucasTT and 8 others like this.
  7. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

You nearly had a point if you have actually used evidence to back it up with rather than pitilessly badmouth the Developers. Additionally the skill of the developers is phenomenal and they are creating something that would normally require a much larger team.

You're the best.

8. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

No suck-ups here, nope. Don't know what you're talking about.

And yes, UnionBossJack is a chronic troll, but not necessarily a bad player of classic, skill-wise.

Apronymous likes this.
  9. UnionBossJack

I am not a troll. Please don't slander me.

Also, I was coding SNES games before you were born Geti. I will ignore the "past your prime" babble as I was harsh as well towards you. I wish you the best of luck - you will need it. Perhaps you should consider getting help if you feel the game is overdue. It is not overdue. Ignore the pressure from the fans and do what you want. Interacting with the fans is almost always a mistake. The game is your baby. if you piss off the current fans make new fans with your next game. Fans come and go.

As for those who want evidence, I see evidence of how the community feels each and every day about beta on the alpha erhm, excuse me, " classic" servers. Play the game as much as I do and see how the long term players feel and more importantly how they are making new players feel about the beta and you will have all the evidence you need.

Save for a few of the long term fans, most of the "old guard fans" badmouth the beta with a passion on the servers, feeling heavily betrayed by the devs. They say such things as "bait and switch", etc.

It's all there. Play the alpha and sooner or later ( probably sooner ) the true feelings of the long term fans will come out.

But I suggest you ignore them. Tell the fans what you want. Remind them this is NOT their game. It is yours. I turned my hobby into a career over 30 years ago. I can tell you are trying to do the same. Good luck to you.

Geti and 16th like this.
  10. CrispyChips35

CrispyChips35 Bison Rider

If they could just fix the bugs in classic, that would be good enough for me.

norill likes this.
  11. UnionBossJack

The bugs in alpha will be fixed. I promise you that. That's a direct promise from me. Don't ask how or why.

12. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Dat bullshit.

eamono and CrispyChips35 like this.
  13. UnionBossJack

I never said the devs will fix the bugs in the alpha that the fans want fixed, did I?

14. eamono

eamono Arsonist

You don't seem like the type of person that makes retarted posts that make no sense, but I don't see what your trying to say, Apronymous never said that the devs will fix the bugs that fans wanted, please explain

15. UnionBossJack

I cannot explain more right now. It is not my call to make. Sorry!

16. if you intend to fix bugs in classic by reverse-engineering it, good luck with that. it would be easier to recreate classic my modding beta, but beta is premium-only, so it doesnt solve the issue with new players being forced to play a buggy game before they buy it.

17. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

also, UnionBossJack, i should warn you that reverse-engineering the client/server files is against the rules, and will net you a global ban.

LucasTT likes this.
  18. vanguarde being vanguarde lol

jerloch and Apronymous like this.
  19. PadaV4

PadaV4 Shopkeep Stealer

"Dear players. We wont fix kag bugs. because we dont care about classic kag anymore. If you try yourselves we will ban/sue/trampleoveryourdeadbody. Take care" Well **** you too.

20. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's against the Terms of Use you agreed to when you made your account. That's the end of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.