1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 806 - Tweaks, Fixes, Mad Ballistas - POLL

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 3, 2013.

?

Do you like this build?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2013.
  1. Yes!

66.7%
  2. No!

17.8%
  3. Kind of! (post response with reason)

15.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

That's what I wanted to hear. I agree that people who play beta are testers but what I meant by saying test subjects is that new updates contain sudden changes and.......

Just do what you did now. Tell us about what you are planning to do for the feature updates. And we ( Kag community) will help you to figure out what could go wrong or not work properly in the next build.

1) About spike. We will see will that be enough of a cost to stop spike spamming.

2) Hmm sponges. I don't know. I already can see one bug. if people will hold them like ladders. when they chose them from the inventory the could be used as a portable scuba diving equipment. (Not a good idea)

3) You told that sad has area of effect on near by buildings. and that they will be weaker. How big is that area in terms of blocks. And don't make sand damage like in terraria so if sand fall on played, player will just stand there and take damage. Maybe sand will have knockback. Also digging and and storing it in your inventory is a bad idea. If you ever seen CTG game mode in terraria the you know that sand can be a deadly weapon.
    make sand so when it is destroyed it will disappear just like dirt.

4) Played on a beta server yesterday and met a person who was constantly piking up red dead bodies and pretending to be a red (he was blue). it was annoying and people could spot that he is a blue, but some reds were building him ladders. Maybe make it so dead bodies just disrepair over short period of time. With some sort of rotting animation.

2. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

I WANT FOOD AND COOKING BACK, NAO.

No really, I did like it :( You promised us tons of different food, and now we only got bread (and steak, but you cant cook it). Oh and when does all the chicken come?

3. NKking

I think these things are cosmetics of the game and should be made last . Right now mechanics should be balanced.
    I WANT CAKE ;-;
    AND COOKIES
    AND MEAT STEW

4. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Sadly...this is KAG, not Cooking Mama. :(
    IMO: It should only be in Sandbox/Roleplaying/Custom modes. Doesn't fit on war, I said this already on the Build 800 Thread. Maybe, just meats and breads.

btw I miss the campfire. :QQ:

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

1) yup
    2) they get full of water, like i said. you can go sponge diving, but it lasts ~5 seconds and costs 50 wood. I think this is too expensive to be abused.
    3) I dont know the finer mechanics, MM likely does. You cannot put sand in your inventory. Sand doesn't hurt you at all when landing on you and you just glitch out of it at the moment. It's not a deadly weapon unless you glitch into a saw trap or something. Making it disappear would defeat the purpose of it blocking building.
    4) I've considered this rotting animation but it means more art to produce. MM made bodies last half the amount of time about 20min ago http://grab.by/obbc

Either way, I know this (lots of posting so you know exactly what is happening) is what we need to do to make you guys cheerful short term - we also need to balance building the game though, or it wont get finished.

Pinxviin: Later it will be in a sandbox mode. You can mod this in yourself now, we didn't delete the kitchen. For now, the chicken doesn't come. Plans change. We might add him later once the important parts are done. More food literally adds _nothing_ to the gameplay, which is the important part for us. I am sure someone will mod cooking mama 2013 in kag anyway, but for us that is very, very, very low priority.

edit; seems the people above more or less agree, which is reassuring.

I just fixed that scoreboard getting stuck on screen bug, there might be other related bugs but the scoreboard definitely works properly again now so you can see your precious k/d and more importantly (if you're me) your horrible ping :( :(

I'll release in the morning when i can manage any potential issues, its 1230am for me now though so I'm gonna hit the sack.

NKking and delankski like this.
  6. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

wtf is dat

Also on a serious note, is there a way to reduce lag on Linux (Not on windows, jeez). With all those new updates, I've started lagging even more and more, not even able to play sandbox (Actully, I can, just with bleeding fists and broken screen). PPL started spamming more and more random shit. Ex: Spikes, migrants, traders, collapsing, etc.

Also war is kinda boring to me, so I look for testing servers (those !blablabla commands). I rarely see some, and if I do, they are usually spammed or flooded, or crashed. I know it's bit early but I need a roleplaying, or sandbox servers. I hope I get it soon... :(

Edit: There's sand...? O.o

7. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

So are we guys sticking with the halls thing, because to me its just a gimmicky easy way out of fixing the win conditions which weren't even that bad.

8. NKking

Geti, new bug.
    :h_rock::h_rock::h_rock:
    :blank::dirt::blank:
    :blank::blank::blank:

:blank::h_rock:
    :blank::h_rock::h_rock:
    :blank::dirt::blank:
    :blank::blank::blank:
    Drill would not destroy that dirt block ( any block that will be in place of a dirt block)
    [​IMG]

9. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

NKing, you know, there's Bug Reports forum for that too...

Stevedog, Canadian98 and LostPix like this.
  10. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

On the archer:
    sometimes the sound of charging the bow is missing, and as the aim cursor does not show the power, it's hard to get used;
    while charging and walking, it could have an animation, similar to walking as with the knight while shielding and walking, not running but moving step by step. Imo, the bow moving according to the position of the cursor at the screen feels rare; it could be sticked to 5 positions: Down-downmid-mid-upmid-up; as with knight, again, while it shields, which feels more kaggy.

11. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I don't like that fact that I cant shoot bomb jumpers from under them when they shield, because the shield point upwards still blocks the arrows coming from the bottom.

12. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

is it supposed to not work for mac?

13. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

14. NKking

I tried to find it. Could you give me a link please?

Also another bug.
    Trees are growing through blocks. If player throws a seed on to the ground and then straight away puts a block on the same block on which the seed is; seed will still grow in to a mighty tree.
    [​IMG]

15. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

Digger101 likes this.
  16. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's actually working for me.

17. AdrianC

AdrianC Haxor Tester

18. CrispyChips35

CrispyChips35 Bison Rider

Please nerf bomb and water arrows. They are way too overpowered. I played war not too long ago, and the other team had producing alot of water arrows, and the archers just spammed them at us. That was really annoying. I don't know if someone else said this already, if so, then sorry.

19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: Drill bug - yeah there's a bug in all the hitting code that does that with tiles, I'll have to look into it today (thanks for the reminder).

Re: Please nerf special ammo - I'm not prepared to just nerf things left and right because that leads to a very boring game, but I do think you can carry to much of almost anything as regular military now (8 bombs???).
    I've found water arrows are quite easy to deal with by building cover or bringing along a boat with cover (or standing behind a ballista on a land map). While I understand that a knight can't just whip cover out of thin air, this is not "King Arthur's Knights-Are-Unstoppable". Sometimes you're going to need to get the help of a builder (or spam bombs at them).

Bomb arrows may be getting a way to "pull them out" of you after you've been hit, but we're not sure of the neatest way to do this yet.

Does it still not work for mac?

I'm not sure that it does fwiw, I think it blocks arrows from the waist upwards.

Yes, we are. The win conditions weren't that bad for some, but we also had a lot of people asking "how to win" and once that was explained saying "oh that's confusing". I think that accomplishes a win condition that anyone can understand and take part in, which means less useless teammates.

Just waking up now, I'll get some breakfast in me, have a shower and then get this build out so you guys are up to date with what we've done.

delankski, Wargod-Loki and Canadian98 like this.
  20. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It does, at least for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.