1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Beta demo?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wargod-Loki, Jul 8, 2013.

?

Would it be good to have for the kag beta a free 30 min demo?

Poll closed Nov 8, 2021.
  1. Yes.

55.0%
  2. No.

10.0%
  3. Maybe.

16.7%
  4. Retarded?

18.3%
  1. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

Hey guys, i've recently showed alot friends kag vanilla and the kag beta and came up with these thoughts :

wouldnt it be better if the people later on steam could try out a free version of the beta (a real small demo version which is like only working for 30 minutes), cuz often when i showed people the vanilla kag they didnt like it too much, but then later when they was able to play the beta at my house, they suddenly came up with the decision to buy the game cauze they had that much fun. (and beta graphics are lovely:heart:)
    I think it really would attract people on buying the game.

Also i wonder, is there basicly any negative aspects on having a demo for free? (for 30minutes max)

Deuce88 likes this.
  2. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It would be better to have a Beta demo, using KAG Classic as a "demo" feels wrong, considering it's a completely different game.

LolFox24, miniu, Gofio and 1 other person like this.
  3. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

overall this sounds like a great idea Loki. Let them have classic for free and tell them that there are special features like zombie mode and customizable heads if they bought the whole game. also they get to play beta for 30 free minutes. after that they will want more and most will buy the game after that. The gimmiky perks you get for classic simply isnt enough to get the public to want to buy the game. but they certainly are a good cherry on top after getting beta :3. maybe the devs will consider this as a possibility. i certainly hope so as it will get more people to buy this amazing game :)

4. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

20 or 30 minutes in sandbox would be a pretty good showing of the game.

5. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Yus I agree with this but the poll will close on Nov 8, 2021 at 10:25 AM.
    I guess we'll have to wait for the results .:p

8x likes this.
  6. TreeMeister

TreeMeister Catapult Fodder

I was thinking the same thing lately. It would certainly be a way to entice people, and if Gunpoint was anything to go by, a demo was a good way to go.

7. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Gunpoint is not a very good example...
    Gunpoint is an amazing game, but the demo shows everything there is. (there's a twenty-ish more four-minute levels, I think?)
    Kag Classic =/= Kag Beta, so it can't even be called a demo.

Why not make a tutorial for Beta like the one in Classic, and give them a small swordfight map.
    Then they can try both building and fighting.

8. TreeMeister

I wasn't saying classic was like a beta demo. And couldn't you also argue that giving someone a free hour (or whatever length of time) in beta would show them everything there is?

9. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

The only problem with giving them a normal working copy that worked for [x amount of time] is that they wouldn't be able to get a very clear representation of the game. Most likely they will click on a random server, be insanely confused, and derp around until the trial time is over. I was thinking like Gofio and to have a designated version that represented all the important features of the game.

10. eamono

eamono Arsonist

A demo is very much needed for the beta. I know some people here will lose all respect for me just for mentioning this game, but KAG classic as the "Demo" for the beta has the same problem as Minecraft Classic being the "Demo" for the full game. Minecraft Classic was complete shit (if you don't believe me go play it), the only reason people bought it was because they watched a let's play or a review. Mojang realized this and now minecraft has a timed demo.

11. TreeMeister

You got me on that one

12. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Well like minecraft I found kag in classic and loved it. Then I poped on a server that had free lanterns and kegs. So I was like "Oh cool" and then the server go shut down and I became sad so I bought it. The only reason I might of bought it was because i got a little taste of the full version. Classic isn't a big enough taste to the beta we need more.

btw I never bough minecraft and don't ask me how I play the full version of it.

13. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

I agree with a demo being the best way to get people into KAG Beta, however time may not be the best way to limit people in this sense. Give people and actual tutorial mode of Beta as Gofio suggested. Show them the important parts of KAG, builder, knight and archer tips.
    This way people will feel like KAg as a game actually wants them to understand how to play.

14. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Not really, playing the tutorial once and two matches of swordfight taught me more than the thirty minutes my brother played online.
    (Talking about classic right now, when we just started. I played the solo modes first, he went for multiplayer, skipping the tutorial and stuff)

15. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Good boy :')

Gofio and delankski like this.
  16. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I noe write? ✧ლ(⁀◕ω◕⁀)づ✧

Wargod-Loki likes this.
  17. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Sounds good, but maybe instead of 30 mins the demo could be restricted to say 1 TDM game and one War game, or somthing along those lines?

Gofio likes this.
  18. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

But then if you had one bad match?

19. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

I did say "Or something like that"

20. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Yes sounds like a great idea. I think it would bring in a lot more players if they could try it out before buying it.

I love how the poll closes in 8 years.