1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Cube World

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Fate, Jan 14, 2013.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Checkout YOGCAST's cubeworld alpha gameplay vids

Gofio likes this.
  2. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

I recommend waiting, it isn't worth it yet.

3. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Tbh, I had lotsa fun in this game until now, it's already worth the money in my eyes. But I guess waiting is never bad, it's a indie title after all, much could change.

delankski likes this.
  4. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

It's like KAG. The better it gets, the bigger will be the price.

Gofio likes this.
  5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Purchase now = $25,

Wait till beta = $30
    Release = $35

I suggest getting it now. Game is fun, but don't expect super hours out of it at its current state, the multiplayer can be buggy, the ratios for xp and things are still very open, leveling can be very easy someone is legit level 2,000 in 25 hours (straight), starting can be a bitch too the first time.

That said looks really fun and I believe when more things come out it will be even better and better, but as it is currently it's kind of like most MMOs where a single way to level is superior and that way will get you way ahead of the normal grind bullshit (which would take fucking forever by the way even in the earlier levels without finding little special areas). Gear is more important than levels/power by far as well, a gold gear is easily worth 20-40 levels, in the later portions of the game a good gold/red piece of gear could be easily worth 100 levels. There are also very very few stats, so basically everyone wants the same stats tempo/crit, some people maybe wanting some HP/armor but probably not worth the expense of tempo/crit.

Buy it, play it some, but not too much, wait for beta/release, then play the everliving shit out of it.

6. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

If KAG is ever that much I sadly think there won't be many people.

7. empdoch

empdoch Base Burner

Nice game

8. BlueLuigi

I agree and I believe that the price point is quite high for what it is, but I also understand that he probably put it at that point because that's what he requires. This DDoS alone is quite a bitch and will probably cost him a bit to get through

9. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I really don't think it's worth $20 at this time. All the gameplay video he made looks really awesome and all, but when you think about it, they're really just basic things he was showing. The style of the game is asking for people to compare it to minecraft, can't do much about that. Some idiots may buy it and think it's a game similar to minecraft. Also, I'm not sure if he can make it work on all graphic cards. This is one of the biggest problem and he had 2 years to fix it, especially on Intel based cards (many computers have those).

Hopefully the game will become much more diverse and original :)

10. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I love the fact that it took me the same amount of time to get from level 1-10 that it did for 91-100.

VanHuek, Apronymous and link6155 like this.
  11. BlueLuigi

Yes, it also is quite demanding on your CPU. I can play any current game today without a problem and with no loading usually on 1920x1080, I play this one windowed (fullscreen is worse) in 1600x900 with no AA and 50% render distance and it will still get loading screens periodically, can be quite annoying, but early alpha, etc.
    It's really up to you, get the reduced price (I agree it's high for an early starter price, but I believe with the hype he didn't want to go so low like minecraft that everyone would buy it for $5 and he would never sell it for what he believed to be the price point $20, I of course could be wrong and he could be a money pincher).

It really is a choice, considering you can pirate it for now and buy it later, especially with the shop down so you can't buy it most of the time, it's hard to see too many people purchasing it this early, I'm just hoping it doesn't end up being one of those times when too early a release really hurts a game.

VanHuek likes this.
  12. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

The alpha release will be there for a loooooong time, since only 2 persons are developing it. ONLY 2 persons. Woolay and his wife. So far they've done good when you look at the team.

The one DDoSing seems to be bullying us from the first public release. For my own safety, I wont buy it till the DDoSing has ended, since it could secretly put some trojans in the copies.

Gofio likes this.
  13. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I don't think you understand want DDoSing is...

Apronymous, Galen, link6155 and 4 others like this.
  14. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

The sad thing is I'm still not level 10 yet :(

15. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

the happy thing is i got cube world finally!!!
    the sad thing i had to wake up at 4:00 AM (mini happy thing i woke up due to sleeping patterns
    the other sad thing pircoma website is down as of 6:45AM
    that other happy thing it is up now
    mine costed 10 cents shy of $21 CAN

16. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

This is exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks.
    I'm gonna find someone with a creditcard to buy it for me.
    No one in a two-mile radius is safe.

I will reign over the entire cubeworld! Mark my words!

17. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Actually the price went down :huh?:. The original price of KAG was going to be $25, but now the dev team thought that was way too pricey and may lower the price on release. KAG pre-release price right now is reasonable for a few reasons. First, the lower the price, the more people will buy it, making the community bigger. Second, the game isn't done, so it doesn't make sense to make people pay for the full thing, even though they'll eventually get it.

I'm not sure what Wolley is doing with Cube World, making the pre-release price so high (probably final price as well).

18. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Sorry to spoil your dreams but this won't come anytime soon. Not with this buggy alpha.

19. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

we can dream amiright we can dream:QQ: (tears of potential joy)
    again where are you people getting the 25$ price tag? cause mine was 15 euros, did it go down then?

20. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Mine was 20€ O.o

Gofio likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi