1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Idea] Change sprite mid-way ingame

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by Gouanaco, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Gouanaco

Gouanaco Shark Slayer

Hey eveyone I was wondering if it is possiable to change a sprite while ingame ???

Like for example:

Knight goes to upgrade tent*
    Then selects upgrade armor...
    Then knights armor gets +0.5 and its sprite changes to look like its got more armor?

Is this possable?

:reason

Cause i want to make a mod where you can upgrade your armour and possably weapons O-o

2. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

This is possible with the beta, it would be possible using complex seclevs to add more knight classes and editing the sprites. But it won't work well as the only thing you can change is health - look at beta modding.

3. Gouanaco

Gouanaco Shark Slayer

Right okay O-o

So this wont work for KAG classic at all?

And it's gonna be hard for KAB hmm..

So u cant just change the sprite u actually have to change the players class?

4. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

It would have to be like that in classic. In KAB it would be much easier but spriting the armour would be hard. As part of much project we have already made weapons that attach to the sprite, by separating them it makes them a lot easier.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Just to chime in since this got bumped, but this is very easy to do as a mod in recent builds (not classic) - you just need to make the sprites for it. All of the animations and animation logic are completely modifiable. The only limit is your programming skill, imagination, and time you have to spend (and a few modding bugs ;^).