1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Cube World

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Fate, Jan 14, 2013.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Not sure if my post was edited or what but I originally posted and looked at it twice to verify

Purchase now = $20 USD
    Beta = $25 USD
    Release = $30 USD

Euros is 15, but that doesn't translate as well to USD for cheapness so it's basically 20.

2. Pecola1033

Pecola1033 Drill Rusher
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Some time in 2014 the full version will come out i think ...

3. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Source?

delankski likes this.
  4. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

No, logic:

2 Developers, 2 years till very early alpha.

If there will still be 2 devs, pretty much it COULD come in late 2014

5. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

...I check the shop every few hours.
    Five hours in a row, DoS attacks.
    When it finally stopped...
    ...server maintenance.

I dunno if this is just me, but even if it's early alpha, it seems like a very good game already.
    (Just a bit overpriced, but that's cause they have to eat)
    I just don't get why everyone is going mad for the final update already, just enjoy the thing as it is, then have even more fun every update?

6. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

gofio if you really really want it wake at 5AM eastern canada time/ 11AM germany time, between 5-6AM (eastern canada) it is almost guarantee the registration will be open and the shop will be too. but i am not too sure now that i wonder if they are still getting DoS-ed
    problems with game from what i saw:
    it is a grindfest
    slow to start (taking 2 hours to get to lvl 5 for some people)
    have to get to lvl 648 for 98, power level lvl 981 for 99, 1981 for 100 and 671 milllion to get to 101
    equipment power level 101 is virtually impossible to get, you have to degrade it always

7. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

There is no power level above 100.

8. GloriousToast

9. BlueLuigi

Yes, it's on a tangent with no cap just an effective softcap, I'm sure at level 2.1 billion or earlier depending on the code it will cap out levels, it might be 4.2billion depending, but most people tend to use those ints for levels and money it seems.

That said, the game isn't a grind the early levels, it depends on your class, and if you know what you are doing every class has a way to get around that, for rogue, you can kill anything, learn your skills. for ranger, use right click on crossbow (op broken will be fixed, probably a glitch), for warrior it's not that hard as you can actually tank things, for zerkers it's fast, for mage .. lol do what you want.

That said some classes are clearly better than others, water mages probably the easiest, no worry about potions and can still nice damage.

This is of course before balance, I would suggest to play one or two classes, enjoy it a bit but not too hard then wait for updates to enjoy it more, as it is right now a lot is left to be desired but that is to be expected of an early alpha.

delankski likes this.
  10. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Once again the I have been saved by a slice of bread.
    Thank you, crispy, buttery lord of the toast.
    </br>--- merged: Jul 10, 2013 9:45 AM ---</br>
    I bought it.
    Now I can stop spamming this conversation and start adding to the it!
    Yaaay!

I like the froggies. Especially magefroggies. They are cute :3
    </br>--- merged: Jul 10, 2013 9:57 AM ---</br>
    ...so basically by level hundred every upgrade won't do shit.
    That's pretty smart.
    Beginners will grow stronger very quickly, and while higher level players won't, it's not like they don't grow at all.

11. deleted ockpi's shamelles plug-in thread, please stop remaking threads on the same games or i will just start warning you

12. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Interesting how you're the first person to complain.

Second episode coming in a sec, btw :D pls watch, Ej, biggest fan of you

13. im a forum moderator, my job is to keep the forums clean, its not "complaining", its doing my job

delankski, Kouji, Hella and 1 other person like this.
  14. ockpii

ockpii Horde Gibber

Wonkyth never complained and he is a forum moderator. Does that mean you don't think he's doing his job? Ooooo aaaa, trouble, trouble.

15. im not the person to judge it and i simply wont get provoked by someone who seems to be very uneasy about deleting his topic. if you want to keep posting your youtube videos here, thats okay. i just dont want to have 2 exact same topic on the same game with the difference being one guy posting his youtube videos.

furthermore, i advise you to stop this offtopic. if you have any problems with the forums moderation, feel free to start a private conversation with me/make a different forum topic. this one is dedicated to the game called cube world

Froghead48 likes this.
  16. BlueLuigi

Please stop ruining a thread about a fun game with silly youtube fame crap, no one cares, and actually I had complained myself when you started the ockpii thing and posted like 13 threads on different games.

17. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Changed thread title since it's not closed alpha anymore.

Personally feel that game has been overhyped and to be honest, I feel that it's gonna fall into the same pit that Minecraft and Terraria fell into. Doesn't mean I won't buy it later and play it with some friends (after it supports intel graphics cards and tbh, not supporting intel graphics cards to start with just seems like a bad business move simply cause it's probably the most common type most people have and will probably give it bad rep even though it's still alpha). Even so, I don't think it's going to live up to the hype, of course I'm a pessimist (which also generally means realist) so if it does come out to be good as it's hyped (or almost) I'll just be surprised, not disappointed.

Noburu, Digger101, BlueLuigi and 2 others like this.
  18. GloriousToast

Lol sort of proof XD :/ my post went poof cry

Attached Files:

delankski likes this.
  19. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

So after searching around the forums, I was finally able to break through the Xaudio2 error on Linux. Sadly, some more errors popped out, and when I tried to search solutions, there were none. Other Linux users had the problem too, meaning that no Linux for a while... Sadly

Okay for CW news: People are seemed to piss off and rage when there's no update in the last 4 days. Wollay hasn't even told what's. going on, but probably he is trying to get rid of Ddos'ers or is making a big update.
    The players doesn't feel the pain what we got, waited Beta for a year and then having updates weekly...

20. BlueLuigi

Why? dead game is dead, it was fun for about... 2 days?

Severe lack of content, 'infinitely generated' does not 'more content' make.
    Too buggy cause it's early on.
    Too simple at the moment

I'm sure that the thread will come back to life when something worthwhile (read: 3 months+ from now) is released.

Mods: BlueLuigi