1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The direction kag is going.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PadaV4, May 22, 2013.

?

Would you like to Geti continue supporting KAG classic wth patches.

1. Yes, i would like that. I even would be ready to pay for it

34.5%
  2. yes i would like that. But would not pay for it.

22.1%
  3. No. Kag beta(the new kag) is better anyways.

43.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eamono

eamono Arsonist

can't they change the terms of use? apple does it twice a month, I'm sure KAG can do it once

2. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

So you would want them to change their terms of use so that Joe, an average KAG player, can mess around with the code to "fix" bugs? How is that even safe? They'd be redistributing files, who knows what could be hidden in them.

Apronymous likes this.
  3. eamono

eamono Arsonist

it would be the free version of the game, something the devs don't care about anymore. and right now I doubt that they are going to be "tracking" people who mess with the code, so you could do it anyways

4. PadaV4

PadaV4 Shopkeep Stealer

^ I guess you have never ever heard of something called "mods"

Just imagine there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions people using dangerous game files, modified by criminals to hack their computers while these poor unknowing sods think they are just enjoying a modificated game.

have you hear of Counter Strike by the way? its one of the dangerous mods out in the wild internet! beware if you have accidentally put it on your computer, all you files, and personal info is doomed, and already in the hands of the evil criminals called "modders" disguised as "average Joes". best course of action is to immediately throw your pc out of the window before a hacker makes it explode in your face.

norill likes this.
  5. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

you can call them mods, but they're against the terms of service you agreed to when you made your account. users found to be using these "mods" in their clients will be banned, end of discussion.

this isn't counter strike.

6. PadaV4

PadaV4 Shopkeep Stealer

No this isnt CS. If people like you would be in charge of Half Life. CS would have never existed.

7. Rayne

People like me? now you're just straight up slandering me, I didnt make the fucking rules, I only enforce them. there's a difference between malicious hacking and beneficial hacking, I understand this, but it is against the terms of service to modify and/or distribute the kag client in ANY way. again, i dont make the fucking rules.

there's TONS of things i want fixed in classic, but i'm not going to go against the dev's wishes to get them fixed.

so you should just get over yourself already, the ToS isnt going to change.

Apronymous, PadaV4 and splittingred like this.

8. This post:

1) Poster obviously ignores what the point of this thread is
    2) Poster throws a straw man argument to make the poster sound smart, but in reality just looks like a troll
    3) Poster has no f'in clue what they are talking about, and has definitely not programmed a distributed game before
    4) Poster should watch their ego and attitude and learn a little humility, and maybe do some better research on the topic before posting next time

Apronymous likes this.
  9. PadaV4

PadaV4 Shopkeep Stealer

Good answer. I understand you are not making the rules, you are just enforcing them. I think you have made very clear by now taht under current terms its not allowed. Well in that case the discussion should not be with you, but with the dev. Why is the dev against people trying to fix bugs in a game, he doesn't care to support anymore?

Im not gonna even try to answer to splittingred because his post is full with personal attacks without providing any base for his claims. if you want a discussion with me please explain you accusations. Shouting you have no "f'in clue" at each other without explaining, why me or you have no "f'in clue" would not make a very good discussion.

10. Rayne

The devs aren't changing their minds, just drop it.

11. "1) Poster obviously ignores what the point of this thread is"
    You consistently ignored rayne's point that the Terms is beyond admins or guard control, and it clearly stats no modifications to binaries are allowed. This does not include modifications to cfg or .as files, as they are not binaries.

"2) Poster throws a straw man argument to make the poster sound smart, but in reality just looks like a troll"
    You said: "^ I guess you have never ever heard of something called "mods"" - erm, yes, they have heard of them. You then went on about CS, which has nothing to do with this topic, as CS has a modding API and tools - KAG Classic does not.

3) Poster has no f'in clue what they are talking about, and has definitely not programmed a distributed game before
    You really want to know? Ok. Allowing people to modify the binaries would unleash this crap onto the KAG community:
    • People could modify the binaries and insert hacks that give them edges in gameplay
    • This could easily be done through a decompiler, and since KAG has no checksum check on the binary to prevent play if there is a modified binary, people could get away with it scot-free
    • Someone could easily transport a virus, or virus-installing code, through a modified binary that they could then distribute
    • Someone could alter the binaries to hijack a client into a DDOS tool, where it would take down servers on connection
    • etc, etc, etc
    This is why people don't usually allow modified binaries to games. I would suggest you turn down your tone - it's very accusatory toward the devs. Generally, if you want people to do something for you, you don't attack them. Just a tip.

12. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Locked because this is going no where.

IT'S ALREADY SET IN STONE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.