1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Full Version Account Questions (Just 2 ?'s)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antaka, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Antaka

Antaka Catapult Fodder

If I buy the full version for a different account will my bans from other servers be lifted? And if I'm at my friends house will I still get kicked and banned from a server if were both on it and he gets kicked for griefing? I've never hacked to get banned but I have griefed. Though, I would like to buy the game and play it legit, but I don't want to have to worry about the questions I mentioned above.

2. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

If you were banned by IP Address then a new account will not solve your problem. Otherwise a new account is pretty much a fresh start.

3. Antaka

Antaka Catapult Fodder

And if I'm at my friends house will I still get kicked and banned from a server if were both on it and he gets kicked for griefing?

4. Lieber

I don't believe it's the case for kicking, but for banning, yes, if it's by IP.

5. Antaka

Antaka Catapult Fodder

When he gets vote kicked and I'm at his house, and using his IP then yes I also get kicked and when I try to login it says im banned and the ban usually lasts minutes to hours. Sometimes a day. I would really like to be able to buy it and enjoy it... lol.

6. Lieber

Then that problem can be easily solved, tell him not to grief.

7. Antaka

Antaka Catapult Fodder

And I don't have a connection at my house so the only time I can play it is at his house.. so..

8. PixieKeira

PixieKeira Shopkeep Stealer
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Honestly, there is NEVER a good time to grief. There is a reason it is called that, and to be one that engages in the act is a sadist. (one who gains pleasure from hurting others) Just don't do it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefing

9. Antaka

Antaka Catapult Fodder

Um, well that's really just your perspective and what is this? Profiling?

Good? What's good anyways other then a way to describe the quality of something? Whose to say your opinion is truth? Even in grammar good is broken down as individual perspective. Also, what if I just like destroying things to see it fall or detroyed? That's not sadist. Anyways, I don't wish to grief anymore.. I already stated that, your post is off topic.

10. Masery

Masery is actually Maroon Donator

You are the reason that newbies think we have such a shit community.

You are asking to have your butt expanded exponentially. "Griefing is just a matter of opinion" and all that bullshit.

Invaders, xWarri0r and PixieKeira like this.
  11. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Griefing IS NOT a matter of opinion. Griefing includes, but is NOT LIMITED TO; destroying your own team's structures, entombing the spawn point with stone so knights can't escape, building ridiculous structures that are impossible to traverse, unbalancing teams by switching to the winning team on purpose, etc.

Your idea of what constitutes as griefing is irrelevant. If your buddy griefs, guess what? He'll be banned. It doesn't matter what YOU think griefing is, it matters what the admins/guards/Furai believes griefing is. And you, sir, will always lose this argument. I promise.

-Q likes this.
  12. xWarri0r

xWarri0r Catapult Fodder

but griefing is what the cool kids do

Waky and GloriousToast like this.
  13. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Well honestly individual cases of griefing is not that big of a deal. Like I used to grief in Call of Duty sometimes by trapping my teammates in corners then dropping a care packages on them. Even the people I griefed thought it was funny.

However in KAG griefing is so prevalent and we've all had countless games ruined by griefing. Individual cases are not that problematic but when it happens so much it becomes a headache. So yeah griefing is very bad but I don't know where pixie is going with this sadism business- most of the players here get their gratification in KAG from dominating other players, killing them, making them mad, etc.

Um so yeah griefing is bad but it doesn't mean people have have griefed are inherently bad people.

Waky and GloriousToast like this.
  14. Harmony

Harmony Shopkeep Stealer

You're better off going to the server directory and posting in the relevant thread begging for forgiveness.

15. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I griff sometimes in terms of messing with players, like entombing an afk knight or something fun like what you described Contrary. That's griefing, technically, but it's all in fun and the person being griefed can have a laugh at it as well.

However, when you're entombing the spawn constantly or collapsing your team's buildings, THAT is a bad scene.

16. They shouldn't carry over if you weren't IP or Globally banned. And no one can tell if your friends playing or not, its more or less based on trust.

17. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

thebonesauce likes this.