1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Questions? Post here

Discussion in 'Beginner Box' started by Kouji, May 8, 2012.

Mods: Gurin
  1. Sobertoaster

Sobertoaster Catapult Fodder

I think it does, thanks. so I add the blueprints in the hall by dropping them? then they will be research-able? how long does research take?

2. AcidSeth

AcidSeth Arsonist

If you have a scroll that has NOT already been completely researched, and use it with the Research station at the Hall, the item will be available for factories.
    But keep in mind that if you already have that technology (let's say Pyro) researched and available, said (Pyro) technology scroll used at the Hall will be stored in the Hall Storage, and becomes pretty useless for your team.
    So you have to care and buy only what your team actually needs, what can't be researched or is not already available.

3. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Carry the blue prints (not in your inventory) then when in the hall, the research icon will look like a blueprint, click on that, and it will drop off your blueprint. That is an instant research. Of you use the vote system the time depends on how many people have voted and how far along the research path the item you want is.
    Hope this helps :D

4. Jstone39

Jstone39 Catapult Fodder

I started playing beta 2 days ago so obviously I don't know much but I'm so confused compared to alpha that I can't even learn whats going on. Is there somewhere I can find a tutorial?

5. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

At the moment, there isn't an official tutorial, as far as I know. The best thing to do is to crack on, watch players who appear to be good, and ask for advice if there is a situation, particularly relating to building, that you would like help with. In relation to combat, there is now a single player mode on the beta that allows you to explore the basics of combat using bots, as well as kidnap the wonderful princess Rayne from the Evil Necromancer Sedgwick.

Another tip would be to check out the Beta forums, especially the Classes & Mechanics section, for advice on construction and building, including some player guides compiled by the community.

6. Geokinesis

Geokinesis Catapult Fodder

When people mention 'tickets' what are they referring to?

7. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

The units or amount of lives that your team has left, you respawn.

8. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

On the Alpha game, they are represented by the blue and red numbers at the upper middle of your screen; you are only able to respawn whilst your team still has 'tickets' left, so if the number corresponding to your team is zero, you are out of luck, my friend.

9. Geokinesis

Ahhh.
    So it is not anything to worry about in Beta, thank you both.

10. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

there is a mod for it by nkChekov in beta. no idea if the devs will add it but many people like the ticket/units feature.

11. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Sorry mazey I posted almost instantly after you :)

(I had posted the same thing as you)

12. Geokinesis

A quick check and it turns out I've played on at least one server with tickets, I just hadn't noticed anything. :D

13. Sobertoaster

I have a question about modes and maps.
    How do I access any sort of modes (zombie mode)
    or look at the different maps.
    on single player it seems i can only pick two things. sandbox (which jumps me right into the game)
    and some sort of story mode? (which again jumps me right into the game)

is there no way to access the map list and explore them?
    also I see this zombie survival map on youtube, it seems really fun but i can't figure out how to access it.

14. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

download kag from http://kag2d.com/ the finished KAG instead of IGSĀ“ recoded KAG Beta.
    Beta is WIP and does not have zombie mode etc (yet??), only community made stuff.

15. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Zombie survival is KAG classic only.

On KAG beta the only way to explore a map is to play on one of the modes.
    In my opinion in Beta the general sandbox idea was removed and replaced with a single player Capture the Halls/Take the Halls game.

*EDIT*
    Sorry Mazey I keep posting just after you, almost putting the exact same thing :D

16. Sobertoaster

which is the official and latest version then?
    I downloaded off indiegamestand, do they give you an earlier version :( ?

17. Mazey

KAG classic is the kag they created in 2011 until ~2013, but they started recoding kag (the beta) and stop updating Classic.
    Beta is new but isn't officially out yet nor is it on steam.
    You can download beta at the beta section here and on IGS, Classic is available on the main site (and has way more players).

18. Sobertoaster

ok so if I got a key and have an account. can I download and play "classic" while having "beta" installed?

19. Mazey

of course! it are 2 'different' games but the account is 'merged' as both games use the same player database.
    in classic you can access custom heads/hats and join premium servers and zombie mode as you paid for the game, others can only join free servers, cannot change head nor play zombie mode.

beta is available for people who paid only like you.

20. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

You can install and play both, once you have paid for the game you have access to both of them.

Mods: Gurin