1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why there is small number of people playing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BaconLover, Jul 26, 2013.

1. BaconLover

BaconLover Catapult Fodder

Heya.

I'm wondering about that, far i see in the server listing there are only about 10~ servers online, most empy and only with a few with people actually playing.

I'm wondering if I am missing something or this game does actually haves this small number of players.

2. cschm49

cschm49 Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah i'm starting to notice a drop in players too

3. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

This is why I play Classic. I never see anybody online on the Beta, and even if I do, none of the servers are located in my general vicinity and so I lag.

The game just has a small number of players, because some still prefer Classic, others are just unhappy in general, etc.

4. Toy

Toy Bison Rider

Some people are playing BETA, other games, sleeping, eating, doing things in bathroom, cooking, watching TV, traveling, making sex, dying, etc. Just wait for them.

5. cschm49

cschm49 Shopkeep Stealer

making sex... ??? how does one craft sex ??? :hammer:???

Orso and Yokomuri like this.
  6. Toy

Toy Bison Rider

Respect my english :>:(:

7. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I presume this is concerning KAG Beta, which currently has considerably less players regularly online than Classic, which is available for download from the KAG website; I understand the OP bought KAG from Indie GameStand, which provides a link to the Beta.

The Beta requires premium players, whereas a large majority of folks playing Classic are non-premium. Some people prefer Classic over Beta at this time as well, but over time the Beta player-base is likely to expand, particularly as the game reaches completion.

8. cschm49

cschm49 Shopkeep Stealer

Sorry about that toy

9. wildnikke

wildnikke Burner Donator

To be totally honest if you are concerned about Beta i don't think beta is that good the graphics are quite strange and the hole game with all the work shops and other utilities take the focus off actually battling, Beta probably will expand more when Non-Premium players progress and buy premium but classic has varies of players from multiple countrys.

Hermap likes this.
  10. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Other than Hella, most of these posts have been off-topic, and one of the posts was a personal opinion.

OT:
    The game is in silent beta, which meant before the IGS sale, only a smallish dedicated community actually knew it was out. Of course, some of the dedicated community preferred classic. I am honestly confused why there where so many purchases from the IGS sale but the bump in people playing was very minor. Once this game goes to Steam, it will gain a much larger playerbase. However, right now there is almost always 20+ people on at a time and that is more than enough to make this game enjoyable.

11. Luffy

Luffy Shipwright

I miss the servers with 50+ players. I just want a nice, big, castle war again. I loved the floating islands map. So much fun.

Hermap likes this.
  12. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

It's called strategy...

Contrary likes this.
  13. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

its minecrafting and theres little to no action in it

wildnikke likes this.
  14. Taiga

Taiga Based God Donator

All I play are private servers so good luck with all that hub-bub :rollseyes:

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Unfortunately once the player count drops it's hard for it to rise again because people joining and seeing noone playing tend to close the game rather than waiting.

Playing classic is one option, the other is joining the server and accepting that you'll need to spend 10min or so before someone joins minecrafting in your base - this is something that will only improve with more constant players of the beta.

We're looking to add more things to do pre-game to help keep people interested in that waiting time but ultimately there just needs to be more players, and the free to play aspect of classic gives it an advantage in terms of player count for the time being.

Steam should be the main tide changer there, but in the meantime you can help out by staying ingame or pulling friends along with you to start a server from scratch.

We had a 12v12 war game going yesterday which had more than enough action (sometimes 15 or so knights in one spot - gibs everywhere) and little to no minecrafting - the trick is getting it to that point.