1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 827

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

Is there a plan for preventing underwater halls. It's just... not good... imo

Guitarman and GloriousToast like this.
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Xlayer - i agree, we're wondering if they should be made inoperational while flooded or not at the moment - flooding the enemy hall would be another way to win, in that case. It may be too prone to griefing though :^)

Re: are there plans to make it idiot proof - yes and no. We want to make a classic-alike CTF mode with coin operated shops for something less team-oriented. The amount TTH relies on teamwork is very likely great for clan matches and matches with a group of competent friends (or even just one dedicated "overlord" builder ensuring his lemmings go the right way :^D) but with a group of pub players you very often see some terrible decisions being made that harm the team for quite a long time. We are looking for ways to lighten the load of democracy, but i think ultimately a lot of these players are more suited to a CTF "simple" experience than anything deeper and more team-dependent.

3. Chaoticredux

Chaoticredux Shopkeep Stealer

How about making water actually displace , similar to terraria. Even with sponges and the drought scroll its still a bitch to get rid of water because of how it functions.

4. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Ugh, in the options there's a faster graphics button what doesn't basicly do anything. It may remove the background but it doesnt give even 1 FPS more. And closing Opera is impossible.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You'd be surprised how much the backgrounds used to lag out old computers. We're working on optimisations, if you could be the least bit helpful and patient that'd be appreciated.

We've talked about this before - it might happen in the very distant future but for now it requires too much of an architecture change to the water for not enough gameplay benefit - it will also add a lot of extra CPU strain to servers already under high load, and a lot more information to sync on the network. Terraria water desyncs or otherwise shits out when you let a huge flood loose - we'd rather avoid that and focus on the rest of the game for the time being.

6. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Well I got very old Linux but the background doesn't give me lags, it too much entities/objects. Like workshops, migrants, boats, players, saws and other stuff like that. It would be nice to put a entities limit so ppl won't spam and make me lag, but I prety much guess it will never come. Or maybe there could be a loading limit, and by that I mean that the game won't load objects for you when they are off of your screen. Much like Terraria/minecraft-like games, mobs/items/world generation won't load till you're near enough.

7. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

The thing is in a multiplayer game that they will almost always be loaded anyway, as there'll be players in most corners of the map at any time.

8. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Well I actully ment that the objects will be only shown/loaded for YOU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.