1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Removing of OP from archers

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Inferdy, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

The archers have able to make 100 tricks and kill every class easily.
    Here is 1 reason: Them can't be shocked from smashes of knights, but them can shock another actors, archers, too. If knight will smash them, archers have able to shoot in bomb arrow, so knight will die, if he will broke this bomb, archer will still stay alive. Archers can shoot builder with fire arrow, then he will run away.

2. Geokinesis

Geokinesis Catapult Fodder

If you are an archer and get hit by a knight your shot just fires prematurely/gets ruined.
    Also if the knight shields the bomb arrow doesn't stick. Also it's a bomb it really should kill people if you get it to stick to people. Builders are pretty weak, you can kill them with stabs and normal arrows easily, wasting a fire arrow on one is pointless.

3. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

da fuq i can barely understand that.
    i think that bomb arrows are a bit strong that if you get stuck with one, it is (?) almost a guarantee that you will die like sticky grenades from halo are. i would want some method of survival though like jumping in air or having it explode in water will let you survive with a very small amount of hearts left.

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You can survive a stuck bomb arrow as knight by shielding in the direction it's stuck into you - you'll do a bomb jump off it instead of dying. The timer is pretty short, but it works and you take zero damage.

Archers are pretty trivial to kill, I think the cries of OP and suggested nerfs will turn them back into camper-whores like they are in classic. Slash them, double if possible. Instant result.

Only change I'm considering making to them at the moment as a nerf is reduced hp to 2 hearts, so one slash or charged arrow kills them. I dont really want to discourage them from coming out in the field though, the classic archers in towers is incredibly un-fun.

5. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

If knight will smash you with full powa, he will break bomb arrow and then die.

6. cschm49

cschm49 Shopkeep Stealer

I have to agree with geti in the fact that by adding these abilities we see more archers out in the field and not camping and
    What is this??? (Sorry if English isn't your first language)

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

true, but he'll die too - this is similar to slashing a knight with a cooked bomb - you generally go down with him.

8. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

nope
    we tested it with Ninja Cell
    He didn't died
    </br>--- merged: Jul 27, 2013 12:29 PM ---</br>
    Pfff.. Seen it today, archer will not die, but you will have damage -_- dumbass idea with arrows/satchels killing -_- them atjust blow up,
    but the freaking kegs aren't (COOOOOOOOL?)
    </br>--- merged: Jul 27, 2013 12:29 PM ---</br>
    And one more bad idea, it is what waterbombs can go trought enemy -_-

9. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Use the edit button, and whats wrong with the water bomb going through enemies? ALL bombs do that. Just hit the ground next to him/her. It isn't that difficult.

10. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Locked as this is not going anywhere besides being yet another "archer OP gotta complain!"-thread.

Mods: Rainbows
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.