1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Questions? Post here

Discussion in 'Beginner Box' started by Kouji, May 8, 2012.

Mods: Gurin
  1. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

So today I tried to visit the forums but my internet browser said that this website is down/moved into another location/does not exist. Was/Why was it down or it's just my browser?

2. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

There was a invasion from Mars.
    We lost many good people today. May their souls rest in peace.

3. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

we got DDoS´d Reddit´d

4. AcidSeth

AcidSeth Arsonist

Seriously, what? What happened?

5. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The GamesRage sale was posted on Reddit as well as the fact that the Beta for KAG is out, it must've brought a lot of traffic to the forums.

6. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

traffic from dreamhack too.

7. HeavyLobster

HeavyLobster Catapult Fodder

So, I absolutely love this game. Me and my brother downloaded it to play on our days off from work. We really want to get into hosting servers, but we both have never really done it before. Does anyone know of any really detailed instructions as to how this could be done, or know of some pre-made software that would make it a little easier we could check out. I have decent computer skills, but like I said, it is just a little more than I am used to. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.

8. Lieber

9. AcidSeth

AcidSeth Arsonist

Actually, it's sad to hear it was not (just) a traffic overload:

[​IMG]
    (source: Facebook KAG)

People trying to spoil the fun, eeeh.

10. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

What's the link for the new active/not active for 'x' number of days hours etc.

Mazey, nice one with your avatar. :)

11. Lieber

I believe you'd have to ask Mazey about that.

12. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Okay, Mazey how do you get it, the type that you and acidseth have?

13. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

Mazey and I are making a new siggen,he code I design.It isn't done yet.

14. HeavyLobster

Thanks so much. I am still a little unsure about how/what to edit. I am really ignorant when it comes to setting up my own server but will give this a try.

Update: I have been messing with this for a while, and I still am unsure about this. I know the admins must get tired of answering server questions, and I am sorry to ask about it. If I wanted to know how to change my game from TDM to CTF or Zombies, how would I go about doing so I know I need to edit some files, however I am not sure as to how to do this. I know that I need to edit them in word-pad, but is there a simple list of edits (like what map starts first, what game type) that I can use? Like I said, I wish that by now in my life I was a little better at this sort of thing, but this is something really new to me. Thanks for any tutoring on this subject.

15. AcidSeth

AcidSeth Arsonist

I asked for Mazey's allowance, but he was ok with me using it, so I guess it won't be a problem if you use it as well!
    Just put this in your signature:

Code:
    [CENTER][IMG]http://mazeygg.com/test.php?nickname=SMASH1413[/IMG][/CENTER]
    The one with the avatar is not available for use yet.

I presume it is still in development, so let's see what Mazeys says before using it.

E: Sorry LucasTT, misread your post.

16. HeavyLobster

Ok, maybe I can narrow this down a little bit. All I really need to know is what do I need to paste to my auto-config maps in order to get a certain map, the same goes for number of players and the game type. I am looking for the exact text. Lastly, how can my friends connect to my server when they are not on the same router, they live miles away. Thank you.

17. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

I think that I will just wait till Mazey decides whether to release it officially or not :)
    Thanks anyway acid

18. peter7654321

peter7654321 Catapult Fodder

some how i keep getting disconnected from servers and i can play for 5 seconds and kee p getting disconnected it anoyingX3

19. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Don't have terrible internet or choose a server with good ping.

20. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

How do I get the design booklet thing that is mentioned when you buy the game? :D

Mods: Gurin