1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Issues installing KAG beta, windows 7 64 bit

Discussion in 'Help' started by Phosphyr, Jul 29, 2013.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Phosphyr

Phosphyr Catapult Fodder

When I attempt to install the program from the .msi file, I get an error message that says:

"The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."

From what I can gather it is isolated to KAG as other installers run fine. Has anyone had a similar issue, or is there a zip file with the game files I could use in the interim? I can add any information if you believe it's relevant. Much appreciated.

2. Kagesha

Kagesha KAG Guard Tester

you could try some of the things suggested under resolution tab here. (i have no idea whether any of these will work or not just did a quick google search, worth a shot if you haven't already done so). installing worked fine for me (windows 7, 64 bit as well), but i've gone ahead and uploaded the base game files here. (couldn't attach to post but will remove if i wasn't supposed to upload :<)

3. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

4. Phosphyr

Phosphyr Catapult Fodder

Much appreciated gentlemen. I attempted to install it on my laptop, which worked just fine, so it seems the issue is on my end rather than yours. For anyone else having this issue in the future, if you install it on another computer and then transfer it to your prefered computer, it works just fine. Loving the game by the way Furai, money well spent!

EDIT: To clarify, It only occurs on one of my machines, but on that machine, it only occurs with KAG. I've tried literally every trick in the book to fix it. So it may be an issue with kag, but it's with a particular setup, and obviously a fringe case.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey