1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[830][Gen] spikes op

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by norill, Jul 30, 2013.

1. the new spikes are most overpowered thing since velociraptors. strange that there havent been a thread about that already, probably because this issue is so obvious. every hall turns into a fucking porcupine. hell, even porcupines have spikes only on the outside, while halls in kag have them outside AND inside. i like that they are team-based, hard to spot and retract on contact, but this is just too much. either make them hurt both teams, so some more sophisticated designs including trapblocks must be used or reduce their hitpoints, so they are faster to remove. builders die trying to remove them even when there are no enemies around. the only way to cap a defended hall now is to reduce it into smoking pile of debris and ash using bombs, kegs, catas and carpet bombings (if available). and that leads to stalemates that lasts for hours or until the server crashes :/

Contrary, aaaaaa50 and Monsteri like this.
  2. Crafterfr33

Crafterfr33 Bison Rider

Well, I must agree that the spikes are hard to remove while being builder, but belive me - they aren't easy to build. Each spike costs 30 stone. You can get rid of a spike trap easily by throwing couple of bombs in it.

3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

>get rid of it easily with just a few bombs
    lol yeah right, that clearly makes it okay

Basically every tester has been telling Geti that team only spikes are bad and his "counter arguement" is that they aren't bad, it's just the invisible glitch that happens sometimes.
    It's actually pretty bad though, we've told Geti and MM to make them either way more expensive, increase the delay, or as you said, make them neutral. To me, making them neutral and back to costing 10 stone is the best option cause at least you can still make team only spikes by putting team blocks over them will still allowing builders to be "offensive" by quickly placing neutral spikes where an enemy is about to jump.

norill likes this.
  4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Spikes are awful on literally every level possible

1. They are disproportionately powerful for the little time, skill, and resources they cost.
    2. They are cheap/unfair in that they can easily catch even skilled players unaware
    3. Even if the above weren't true they are still gay because they do absolutely nothing positive for the game. They bog down the pace of the game both directly by giving an unfair advantage to defenders but also when there aren't even any on the field as players will be more cautious of likely spike spots. They create cheap unfair deaths without really adding too much happiness giving them a large butthurt deficit.

Ej likes this.
  5. cschm49

cschm49 Shopkeep Stealer

Holy shit this is too true, I mean like i was playing a game last night and i broke through the enemy lines and got into their hall and then spikes shoot out from no where an kill me. I suggest maybe limiting spikes to outside the halls and not being allowed to place them in side the base

6. Chaoticredux

Chaoticredux Shopkeep Stealer

I think they make the builder viable to play offensively now. There are plenty of ways to counter them. If a team can coordinate they will overcome the spikes. If they cant coordinate , then they will perish because they can not think and adapt to the battlefield. Spikes are fine the way they are. -1 do not support any nerfs.

edit: I think the kag community just needs to accept the fact some things are better at killing then others , instead of trying to nerf everything , learn to adapt. Think people, you have the technology to overcome a trap.

Robinskie and amgtree like this.
  7. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

This is the only thing I could possibly think of your post.

1 builder stopping a whole "uncoordinated team" is completely reasonable and clearly the problem is the lack of team work. :kappa:

k

8. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

Yay, a place I can spill out all my frustration about the new spikes!

Anyway, I agree, and I think it's almost entirely because they're team-based now. If someone was putting the old spikes everywhere, they would sooner be kicked than considered helpful, but team-based spikes turns that on it's head. Now spikes can be just spammed everywhere without a second's thought if the resources are apparent, and that gives the defending team a huge, huge advantage. It's worse than huge tower+archer spam in terms of stale mating.

If they're made neutral, than that completely destroys the advantage of spamming them everywhere and putting them in plain sight. What I would suggest is to make the spikes neutral and hidden, but the team that placed the spikes can easily see the spikes by some outline or shadow. That actually allows the builders to be sneaky, but doesn't allow them to just cover everything in needles.

Contrary likes this.
  9. Chaoticredux

Real mature , instead of an intelligent post you have to reply with meme's. If you would even listen to reason, think about this . One builder in classic can stop a team with a few stone blocks , if they don't have a frontline builder to guide them they will lose. Same concept applies here. Nothing has changed , The spikes are a obstacle that you just have to wait for a builder to clear , bomb it , use siege weapons. Just like a tower or a castle. You simply have to adapt to the changes on the battlefield. Calling me out as a troll is unnecessary and uncalled for.

PUNK123, Tsilliev, LostPix and 2 others like this.
  10. "real mature" is actually the 2nd least mature thing to say (after "umad?"). You have "intelligent" posts above yours.
    Your post was simply so bad and dumb that it got pretty much shut down with Kouji's one which you described as a"meme". Actually right now you are acting "real mature" by getting butthurt once you got told (and I'm really bending things here since Kouji's post wasn't even offensive or hostile).

11. Chaoticredux

If your implying that I am butthurt you very mistaken , I'm sorry you feel that way.

12. oh rightie you have changed the post, editing the part with "i see myself out of this"

also it's "you're implying", not "your implying"
    also don't press the spacebar before commas and fullstops

Force and Mazey like this.
  13. Chaoticredux

Yes there is an edit button , you also don't have to correct my grammar , I already know its not perfect. Are you actually going to post anything that's worth reading? Or just keep trying to take potshots at me to "win" or whatever your trying to prove.

PUNK123, Robinskie and amgtree like this.
  14. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Before I would vertical trampoline my self into the enemy hall place a bajallion spikes, start spaming the emiocon buttons to make people mad=profit+hall

15. Crafterfr33

Crafterfr33 Bison Rider

Spikes just got nerfed.

16. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yeah, I think they are fine now, as you can actually dodge them. Not sure if they can still be built inside halls though, if yes, that should be taken out.

17. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

They can

18. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It's taken out next build though before people cotton on. should be patched within half an hour.

19. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

:thumbs_up: Geti = Responsive Dev

20. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

If we whine enough, our dreams really can come true!