1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

B834 - Spikes, Better Necromancer and Lots of Fixes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Shannonon is not actually a new reference. It's been going on for a while. Just remember to call Arcrave princess now every time you see him.

Haven't seen the new spikes in action yet, but hopefully better than the old ones we had, although I think neutral spikes that don't auto retract are better though (basically old spikes)

Noburu likes this.
  2. Phosphyr

Phosphyr Catapult Fodder

Exploding benches, as a builder who enjoys making saw traps, this is kind of a game breaker for me.

mvlabat likes this.
  3. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Is the update out or not? If yes, then what's the problem with my game that doesn't update it?

4. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Damit now I can't juke everyone by put a crap load of lit bombs in the enemy's hall killing ever one. :QQ:
    Can we at-least have storage options :huh?:

5. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

That defeats the purpose as you can then just put a shitload of bombs into storage and do the same thing. Moot point.

6. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Lol learn to bomb jump all yous

7. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

there is nothing to learn. it is the matter of throwing a bomb under your shield and voilĂ . x2 and x3 bomb jumps, that what people should try to learn.

8. Chaoticredux

Chaoticredux Shopkeep Stealer

I don't think this is an intended use for supply drops , but players are selling the resources in startup time for an absurd amount of carnage scrolls on maps with traders near spawn.

FuzzyBlueBaron and ParaLogia like this.
  9. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

If you don't open a supply crate more will come.

10. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

Someone explain to me really quick why mounted bow arrows disintegrate in midair.

11. cschm49

cschm49 Shopkeep Stealer

Nerfed Spikes :heart:

12. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

<3 u Geti
    And this geta released the one week I'm away, of course.

13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

To be 100% clear to those that haven't had time to play with it much - the spikes only retract when placed on stone blocks. Any other time - ie on wood, dirt, or constructed blocks, they act very similarly to in classic, though they dont shred someone while they are wallsliding (may or may not be fixed, haha)

Balance and performance reasons, they knock down knight shields and are very useful for defending a point, but can't be used to cause arrow rain. The more or less direct line of sight required means getting a constructed defence up against one is also pretty easy.
    If you want a "logical" reason, they're cheap knockoff arrows fired higher than the velocity they're guaranteed to work at.

This side of the meta is something we're definitely planning on fixing. Everything to do with traders at the moment is bogus :)

14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

There will be, i'm looking into what's causing it at the moment.

Glad those who get it like the Shannon reference. Figured it'd be less likely to cause widespread butthurt, and there's something intriguing about the idea of a shark princess.

inactive_account likes this.
  15. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Its somewhat of a nerf, but its a change and mechanic. In some sitiuations the new spikes are more useful. Before you could survive standing on a spike, now you cant stay for long,

16. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

At least they should be more useful than they are right now for attack, ability to pack them back into crate would be nice so they can be moved further to the front, much like heavy weapons in other games.

17. Geti

(and the catapult in kag)

yeah we'll probably add crate repacking to most things, even the ballista would be very useful for getting it inside forward bases for use as a spawn point.

Glad you're not too upset by them being different ;)

amgtree and LostPix like this.
  18. NKking

NKking KAG Escadrille Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

100 % NO I ve seen how people use mounted bows in a CTP mode and it is terrible. It will be too op. Now the MB is balanced. remember how devs changed spikes a few builds ago? now it is a massive balancing problem.

19. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Why should we care about your "100% opinion"? It needs to be tested because that's what beta is for, this is not a finished product of the game and you are meant to test things and explore possibilities.

amgtree likes this.
  20. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

I've still got issues with the boulder not falling when trap blocks are opened, and issues with it being destroyed when landing on head (isn't it supposed to do that?). Wasn't that supposed to have been fixed?

Chaoticredux likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.