1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why isn't the Day/Night Cycle at Servers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BaconLover, Aug 2, 2013.

1. BaconLover

BaconLover Catapult Fodder

Heya.

I was playing the challenge today and found the day / night cyle that goes until it's almost plain black... I am wondering, why isn't it at Multiplayer servers?

I mean it would be interesting at night with limited vision forcing teams to light their buildings or wandering in the dark! :)

2. genobee

genobee Builder Stabber

Yeah, I didn't notice this until you posted about it. Day/night cycle was there in old beta build. Probably disabled by developer or server owner. Not sure why. I know some don't like it. Some use it as stealth or brief time out after battle.

OffTopic: I see, so you're stretching your bacon here after too much baconing at Starbound forum :p

jfurndoifu and BaconLover like this.
  3. cschm49

cschm49 Shopkeep Stealer

Maybe the Devs took it out for now and will add it in a later build?

BaconLover likes this.
  4. BaconLover

BaconLover Catapult Fodder

I hope so, what is missing in KAG is more variety of stuff, that we don't enter several servers and have a repetitive experience. The actual night cycle would force the teams to change strategy for a while. :P

5. Mctittles

Mctittles Catapult Fodder

I just hosted a game with my brother and while looking at Base/Rules/WAR/gamemode.cfg I noticed a variable called "daycycle_speed" that is set to zero by default. Changing that causes day/night cycle to happen.

6. Tylda

Tylda Shopkeep Stealer

good to know, anyway dont have server to test

7. vivetas

vivetas Nooblord Donator

It depends on server config.

daycycle_speed = 15 # 1 day = X minutes; / 0 no cycle
    daycycle_start = 0.5 # 0.0 midnight; 0.5 - midday; 1.0 midnight

8. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Haveing a long day and night cycle would be amazing, let builders sneak up to towers archers can move into trees undercover of night and im sure the comunity would think of lots of other cool things as well!