1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

B836 - Performance improvements & Movement polish

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Unfortunate that there's a freeze bug in the launcher, fixing it now even though I really need to get to the shops before they get full on a saturday..

Feel free to blame us or the testers re: combat being janky, the slashes are an oversight and will of course be fixed asap but really should have been picked up in testing.
    Getting into the back of a war boat was made easier if I remember correctly, but maybe I don't and MM added some troll mechanics or something.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Fixed it, pushing a fix for it now that should at least let everyone play. Should be out within 15 minutes or so, though it'll vary with the platform

Fwiw any undocumented changes are unintended side effects of other changes. For example, we didn't mean to change knight combat at all, but the new movement code actually slows you down to the intended speed rather than some other higher "wrong" speed. This should have been picked up in testing, as i said, but either way it wasn't intended.

3. Geti

Done, see below. Blocked it with bedrock as it was the quickest fix.

Pushing another fix for murkshire hills being very often flooded, we're going to have to do something about terrain getting sloughed off like butter at some point but for now the assholes deliberately driving a drill through it can choke on some bedrock. If anyone finds a non-admin way to break bedrock please keep us posted as any ways after this patch are considered bugs to be crushed with extreme prejudice.

The map fix will be out about 2 minutes after the launcher fix. No build number change has been enacted though so old servers will still be interoperable.

Yeah or you could read his post the way it was written and see that he was talking about editing the map file instead of editing the water physics.
    Good man, I know it's pretty hard sometimes though :/

It does get impact. Have you not seen how a terraria server freaks the hell out when you unleash a huge amount of water? We don't want to be limited only to small bodies of water, we want a very water heavy map to be just as performant as a desert map. And for that, fluid physics are out. If we ever add them, it'll be after the game is on steam and otherwise finished. It is even lower priority than hats.

We'll be fixing the knight combat issues soon but not in the next hour or so. Hopefully I'll get time for it before a 21st I have to attend tonight.

4. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Thanks Geti, it's not like you have to do it right away, it's simply something to be aware of, also what is going on with the launcher? Why is it crashing?

5. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oh. Oh yea... guess you're right xD
    By the way it was written... kinda thought he meant change the map as in ask for a vote and stuff. :P

6. BaconLover

BaconLover Catapult Fodder

What i love in KAG is being a builder, not be forced to fight, i like build stuff, and towers, reinforce, help my team digging holes in the enemy base... It's my thing.

About water, something must be tweaked there to avoid the unbalance and annoyance it can cause while playing forcing most times skip map or the base that got flooded looses...

7. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Both problems have been fixed ; kag beta not launching normally and the map.
    Capture2.PNG

8. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I believe catapults with loaded boulders can destroy bedrock, kinda sucks does it. :D

9. Geti

The launcher is crashing because of an offending tweet that had characters it couldn't deal with.

Note: Fixing the launcher only works for those with a game that gets to the patching step. For a temporary fix you can run kag with the option nolauncher and it should fix itself during the update (giving you a working launcher again) but the issue should also fix itself once the twitter feed updates to remove the offending character - getting the fix that would allow it to display it correctly.

Will be fixed once we get time I guess, super annoying though :^)

10. Metaphoenix

Metaphoenix Shark Slayer

The end of ladders can usually replace any block. This includes replacing bedrock and unbuildable areas,

11. Geti

B837 is on its way out, I'm sure I'll hear about any more issues but either way the movement/knight combat stuff is fixed and double slashes have more purpose now. Devblogger will dump a new topic here in a while, but I figured I'd let you guys know by hand.

Digger101 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.