1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

B837 - Saturday Patch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

Sorry for the issues from yesterday folks - fixed almost all of them below as you can see. Not too many changes because it’s the weekend, just spent 2 hours testing it and it seems much smoother than it was, with any big issues like infinite walljumping especially nipped in the bud.
    The new knight doubleslash physics are pretty quick, so might take some adjusting to, but I think they’ll be a fun addition for parkour and stop double slash feeling “useless".
    We’ll work more on balance with slashes and archers over the next week, for now - Enjoy
    [fixed] flooding in murkshire hills
    [modified] autoupdate occurs before reading the news
    [modified] knight super slash throws like regular slash
    [modified] knight movement with sword is less slow (fixed old code)
    [modified] double slash movement less restricted - allows lots of parkour
    [modified] archers slightly faster while drawing arrow (0.7 slow instead of 0.6)
    [removed] almost all slowness in air
    [fixed] infinite walljumping
    Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

Monsteri, Hawxx and Digger101 like this.
  2. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Short patch fixed most problems (eg. movement ) but ; A bison is easier to control and alot faster.
    Also I love the flexing.
    Flexing.png

3. cschm49

cschm49 Shopkeep Stealer

4. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

The movement is still far from perfect but way better than some updates ago, combat became more fast and brutal which is good, there are plenty of suicidal players however, meaning running in with bombs and blowing themselves up on the groups which is annoying and a poor shield does not help much even if your reflexes are so quick. The current issues with movement needing a look into are as follows; it's hard to get out of water unless you tap your up button few times which during fights is difficult, another issue is bouncing off the edges while entering two block tall doors or even open doorways, it's near impossible to enter when you carry heavy object such as boulder or dinghy boat. There is also this whole walking on 1x1 blocks idea people seem to like, we all hate getting stuck during combat on these blocks, would be better to walk over them.

Another bunch of issues is regarding siege machines and how people tend to jump in and drive away when you are in firing position, the worst case is when you charge the next round to fire and they turn it around into own defences or even drive off the edges, I believe the person who sits in firing spot should be able to switch catapult from mobile to stationary or at least have it become stationary the moment you charge the shot but it will not fix the issue if someone manages to flip the catapult away or turn it in wrong direction before.

Another idea is making sawmills team safe seeing as they have team colour now and are capturable, teammates tend to fall into them often or even if builder makes a trap into front of doorway which you keep bouncing off having issue entering then you fall into the saw.
    This is not perfect but I don't see any better option at the moment.

There is a bug when people build demolition workshops/factories above the halls and keg falls down after being produced and explodes, even on slightest impact which is a weird issue, it destroys the base and causes people to blame each other for something they didn't commit. (which I admit is funny)

kaizokuroof likes this.
  5. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

Oh come on, what was wrong with that?

You know, if I wanted balance in a game, I'd play tic tac toe.

6. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I think this would be fixed by implementing a turning button, most of these situations seem to be just mistakes by inexperienced people.

7. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Don't complain when a feature of the game is unbalanced and you get wrecked with it then.

LostPix likes this.
  8. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

I don't believe I've been rekt yet, care to try?

What I do believe, however, is that I can tell the difference between what's fun and what's not fun.

Since you're keen on balance, let's provide examples of why limiting infinite wall jumping is essentially the same thing as putting a finite stamina bar on characters.

It's like having builders get tired from digging too much stone, or archers only being able to spam arrows in bursts, instead of a constant pace.

Wall jumping is a very basic element of the game.

It is so basic, that messing with that element changes entire game play strategies.

I'm pretty sure I asked a reasonable question.

How exactly was infinite walljumping abused?

9. Lieber

I believe by "infinite walljumping", they mean the one where you could bypass an entire wall just by walljumping with your shield held up. I think it's pretty obvious how that would be abused.

10. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

I don't believe having the ability to jump 7 blocks is abuse.

BeasterDenBeast likes this.
  11. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

lel reeding 2 hurd 4 me ~ Brilly

It's not that it's 7 blocks, it's that it's an unlimited amount of blocks. With vaulting and jump slashing you can totally get more height.

Sarathos, Rubixxcube and Lieber like this.
  12. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

I get the infinite thing kouji, but it was nerfed down below 7.

That's way too low.

Plus, you can simply some blocks in front of vertical tower and that would stop any infinite bullshit.

It's an easy builder fix, you don't need to mess with game mechanics to fix that problem.

i.e. tower design

13. Lieber

How is infinite walljumping a game mechanic? When Beta was released to public it was normal wall jumping, not infinite.

LostPix likes this.
  14. SuperTurdBoy

SuperTurdBoy Tree Planter

And also, it doesn't matter if theres an easy builder fix, its still a bug that needs to be fixed regardless.

EDIT: How are you messing with game mechanics?

15. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

Clearly, you've never been a knight stuck in a pit of unmined stone, with no way out.

You can't even dig your own way out like you could in classic.

There's a huge problem in the game mechanics, when a knight, the character that is supposedly able to traverse a wide array of terrains, is so easily trapped by natural formations, that no enemy builder has even touched.

16. SuperTurdBoy

Brilly, you don't understand....

Infinite wall jumping is when you shield up, go up against a SINGLE wall, and just keep wall jumping.
    Yu are using a SINGLE wall, not two.

17. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

:stone: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank: :stone:
    :stone: :stone: :stone: :stone: :stone: :stone: :stone: :stone:

looks like you're screwed if you're trapped in this pit
    </br>--- merged: Aug 3, 2013 11:56 PM ---</br>
    not acceptable, btw

18. SuperTurdBoy

Looks like you should suicide and try to not fall in it next time, point is it was a bug. So they removed it.

LostPix likes this.
  19. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

I'm saying that that pit ain't particularly deep.

I'm asking for 7 block walljump on single vertical wall.

Doesn't have to be infinite, but at least 7.

20. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Infinite wall jumping is still a bug though, regardless of whether or not it can be "easily" fixed by building. Movement is being worked on cause general consensus for wall jumping is that it feels bad. From what I remember in IRC, Geti would be fine with jumping 7 blocks if you know how to move, however infinite jumping is not okay.

>Don't need to mess with game mechanics to fix it
    Archers being able to carry 8 bomb arrows shouldn't have been limited to just 4 because you can shield or dodge the attack, is basically your argument just about jumping. Knights can just use shield to block them, or builders and archers can stay behind cover is basically the same as saying that Making a tower that doesn't allow infinite jumping.

2.) Knights shouldn't be able to do everything. If you get trapped because a builder was smart enough to build a knight proof defense, then your fault for not having your team with you. It's completely acceptable considering how long things take build, mine and can be easily avoided with just 1 ladder. 1 LADDER, trap null and void. Suicide or wait for a builder (like any good assault would). Even better, if you just want to solo the whole thing, just bomb jump over it. You can still do that. If you played beta long enough, buildings that are "too tall" are trivial once you get a builder up there since building takes just as much time as destroying. OMG TEAMWORK OP

edit: 7 or so blocks is fine if you have the skills to move, but the fix was about INFINITE wall jumping, not simply nerfing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.