1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Buying Migrant slaves with Gold

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by amgtree, Aug 1, 2013.

?

Buying Migrants

Poll closed Aug 15, 2013.
  1. Yah

28 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. Nah

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

With a high price(maybe a airdrop crate :D) you should be able to buy/hire a extra migrant. This would give gold a more use instead of buying a scroll of carnage. You could get more factories and since it might have a high price it could be late game to prevent stalemates.

2. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

yes something like that could be very useful !

3. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

That's one fucking great idea/suggestion, probably the best I've seen yet. Kudos to you ! :smug:

amgtree likes this.
  4. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

Heh... reminds me of Zombie Fortress. Oh how I loved building a nice little fortress with barracks and quarters, only to attract a handful of hungry/thirsty migrants that wished nothing more then to survive this cruel world and find some work.

Only to snatch them, cram them in small wooden cages and suspend them above a gold altar or above a pit filled with zombies (or both). Then, during the night, start chanting right before collapsing the cage along with the poor migrant inside and finish the glorious sacrifice to the chaos gods as the migrant's corpse ends up devoured by zombies or lays twitching on the gold altar!!! Muahahha!!! Blood for the Blood God!!! >: ))

:sword: :>:(: :right: :migrant: :migrant: :migrant: :skeleton: :zchicken::skeleton:

But yeah... anything that allows me to 'aquire' more slaves... ahem... migrants, that I can sacrifice sounds good to me. Definitely a yes for this one. :p:thumbs_up:

SlyStalker, Ratka, norill and 4 others like this.
  5. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Doesn't seem like a terrible idea to me.

6. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

I am totally on board with it. At the moment, the only thing I use my gold on is dinghys' :D
    </br>--- merged: Aug 3, 2013 7:13 PM ---</br>
    And sponges.....

7. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

With all of the positive responses this might actually be added to the game. :)

If this was added to the game how much should a :migrant: cost.

8. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

I think it should be free, like a new migrant every 15 minute or something

9. SuperTurdBoy

SuperTurdBoy Tree Planter

80 Gold, you shouldn't have to pay that much for a new factory

10. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Ya it shouldn't be to overpriced.

11. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I love the idea I would also love to see it in the game. or maybe stray migrants will come overtime even possibly be trapped in stone like some scrolls are and you can free them. only and idea but I love yours

amgtree likes this.
  12. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Great idea, and also if the immigrant dies, you need to buy a new one, it may sound bad, but depends what amount of gold is used to buy an immigrant and gold is easy to get, chop 3-5 trees above a saw, and you get 2k wood for 250 gold.

13. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Well obviously you are going to need to buy another one.

14. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I think this is needed badly. The last ten rounds I played been 3-4 hours long.

15. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

I think halls can be taken for under 10 s now, so games are like ~10 min long, depends if Inferdy is there doing everything possible to win :D
    But if we can buy at least minimum another 5 migrants it would be nice, devs can put a cap of how many migrants we can buy.

16. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

There would probably be different caps depending on the server size, I would assume.

17. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

You guys know the reason why halls were introduced and why only 5 factories per hall? This is because previously we could spam them and castles looked like hotels mind you.

18. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Yea I realize that, I've heard it to many times. Games usually have 4 halls at most, (at least what I've seen) so that would definitely limit the amount of migrants you could have or buy.

19. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

I do like the concept of buying more migrants, paying gold for more shops to give an extra edge during the game would be great! Would keep the player/team from being limited but at the same time prevent massive factory spamming as it would require gold. (I would suggest having a decent, but not uber high price for them)

Maybe have it set up so once the factory is built you could select an option on it to buy the migrant, allowing you to have factories away from the halls, this would lessen the issue of people feeling limited to where they can build anything along with not having that annoying issue of accidentally building a factory out of range of a hall without thinking about it.

20. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

You should be able to carry a factory and place it wherever you want, but only before you select what kind of factory it's going to be.

Mods: Rainbows