1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

B837 - Saturday Patch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

You are meant to use siege machines anyway rather than bug abuse infinite climb, there are far more ways to enter, you can kill someone in the doorway and their corpse will block the doors from closing which allows you to force yourself inside, I don't see people do that often except myself, you can destroy wooden doors with ease too by either blowing them up or slashing, another way is to put mine next to doors, there is ton of ways but it's funny how people always want to choose dumbest ways such as going and slashing the stone blocks thinking it will break in some magical way, oh and you also have the drill, which pretty much nobody bothers to use even though it was buffed nicely, still Brilly you are hilarious thinking a bug is a viable strategy.

2. master-chief

master-chief Arsonist

hey geti when do you think you and the other devs are going to get zfort for beta don? im not asking for it im just asking when (if you are going to have it in) you guys think it will be done or ready to put in beta?

3. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Watch this video, and if your too lazy the answer is 1 month approximatly

4. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Incorrect, CTF is going to be done in approximately a month, Zombie Fortress is a community-mod so who knows when/if it'll be finished. To be honest I don't get what the deal is with ZF.

Rubixxcube and Digger101 like this.
  5. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

ZF is what cool kids want these days.

6. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Digger101 likes this.
  7. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I think knights should actually be slower and make use of projectile weapons to take down stragglers or runaways, I was fiddling with a throw-able axe mod or even javelins, simple weapons that you can make at workbench, I always thought quick knights were kind of silly.

8. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

Expensive slow siege machines?

No thank you, I prefer cheap and easy bombjumps.

Drill overheats.

And the fact that finding a bug fun to use which is easily preventable by a decent builder is the real barrel of laughs here.

9. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

And yes, you can still jump 7 blocks high if you know how to jump.

edit: Rather than replying to your next post:

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Silly maybe, fun certainly. We're not planning on slowing down knights much at all.

Not sure, maybe a month, maybe three. It shouldn't take longer than that though.

Also re: infinite walljumping and clearing walls
    • walljumping up a pit wasn't the problem and wasn't removed, still works as it should.
    • walljumping infinitely up one wall was the bug introduced in B836 and removed in B837
    • You can still jump 7 or more tiles as knight, because of the added doubleslash push. Kaizo and I were wrecking illu with this during testing just before release. I think the limit is around 8 tiles but I'm sure someone will push it higher with masterful timing.
    • Bombjumps will always be the best way to get into or over an arbitrary structure as knight anyway. Bombjumping also increases your ability to do shieldgliding walljumps across chasms.
    Overall I think parkour for knights has been drastically improved this build.

11. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

Fact: You forgot to mention that that particular 7 block jump method makes the knight doing it pretty vulnerable to arrows, whereas the other one is much safer to use, seeing as the shield is up most the time.

POWER STILL BEST CLAN.

Geti answered my question, thanks.

BeasterDenBeast and Beepo like this.
  12. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Looks like you're just too low:

Contrary, Sarathos, Kouji and 6 others like this.
  13. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

I'm pretty sure any time the knight is vaulting 5, 6 or 7 blocks he definitely should be vulnerable to arrows. Isn't that the whole point of archers being able to suppress knight and builder movement?

BTW: The new speedy movement is the thing that makes me enjoy Beta more. I haven't played Alpha at all since Beta came out. Alpha seems like a turtle war compared.

Monsteri and Digger101 like this.
  14. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Bison taming is so simple , I like that though it's good beacause only a couple of maps have bisons so it's all g.
    But I kinda thing mounted bow is useless now it can do nothing unless its close range

15. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Yeah it is fun as it is, the only thing is the accuracy of the movement which is definitely fixable, I made this comment earlier on because the movement is very fast for the game of this complexity and I see many people get confused because of that, it's like 2D Platform Quake 3 Arena, that's how fast it is, sometimes you have to be willing to slow down for the sake of making things clear, if it was up to me to make this, I'd have jog and sprint, jog would be your normal speed but sprint would cost fatigue to boost for short distances, obviously knights wear armour and they would run for shorter distance unlike archers, sprint bound to shift button.

I had this idea of projectile weapons to be able to hit stragglers, javelins for dealing damage and throw-able axes for knocking back foes which could also be useful in these massive fights where it gets too confusing, axes were used as a opener to battles in real life, having whole rank of troops throw axes was devastating, same as roman legionnaires would throw Pilums. I guess it could be worth looking how to deal with crowd control during battles because even bombs don't scare anyone now. Obviously it would be way easier to make new fourth class that is specialized in tanking and helping team to advance, class would not deal as much damage, just simply posses the crowd control abilities.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 5, 2013 12:02 AM ---</br>
    I keep playing the game and realize that boat system is not good at all in terms of teamwork, there needs to be a captain who will be the only allowed person to turn the boat the way he wants, others should be there purely for manpower to help row the boat faster, it always ends up with people turning the boats how they want and it's annoying, also boats should be immune to melee attacks as it encourages people to jump in water and slash on your boat. Boats should feel superior in water and therefore should cause people to choose to use them more often and cause intimidation once they are in there, so far even with more health they are more of an amusement than help, everyone prefers to choose to go for a swim instead because it takes time to setup the boats in water then prepare the ship for attack which is always easily mitigated by people just chopping on your boat, not to mention it's hard to coordinate any attack.

16. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

I like your points LostPix, only a fourth class with crowd control abilities seems like a dangerous balancing route to me, not to mention knight projectile ideas. Apart from that, what you said about boats is true. The introduction of drowning didn't really work and it was good that it was removed, however, as we did originally, we swim. It's just more convenient than boating it up, even though boats serve a purpose in terms of coordinated attack. Cutting and slashing shouldn't do any damage to boats as those pesky enemy knights just swim around poking you until you sink.

xChapx and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  17. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Crowd control is needed because every fight turns into massive moshpit and side that wins is the one that utilizes World War I strategy of blowing everything up on their way and hiding, you don't get these epic fights because there is always someone running in and suicide bombing. Dying is too easy overall and you can't bother to eat the tasty burger that just produced from factory because another second you will drop to one or two hearts again anyway, dying so easily with no second chance is not my idea of fun.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 5, 2013 3:16 PM ---</br>
    Small margin here, old system with coins was good in terms how it awarded players for being good and brought some balance to the game and spam was minimal, although it was bad when people would spend their entire games farming coins from resources to spam later on, but as we know good things end once you run out of coins, with current halls teams could be awarded for defending them or capturing with coins that would let you purchase items from factories not only this would make every item you bought more of a critical need but obviously wasting supplies on senseless spam would be gone.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 5, 2013 3:25 PM ---</br>
    Another margin here because I had sudden moment of clarity, a simple system to cause players to get fatigued in water when they attack, being in water and having ability to fire arrows or swing sword is weird.

xChapx likes this.
  18. i love how you first complain on spam and "dying so easily" but later bring this up. being slowed down by water is literally cancerous and we have been multiple through it. theres a reason why water doesnt act like dense gravity environment anymore anymore.

also consider using the edit button

Digger101 and Contrary like this.
  19. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

So you come over to complain because you felt butthurt about the fact you miss the point. Fatigue is not meant to slow you down but rather limit your ability to attack. Also consider starting your sentences with capital letter.

20. how do you imagine moving through water if every time you reach the enemy land, they can just jump on you and start jabbing you to death while you cant do anything but cringe and cry why they brought shitcombat in water again

Also yes, i am butthurt but not because i missed the point. The pain of my anus is caused mainly by your walls of text in which you make horrible suggestions and, if i want to follow a thread about the new release (and not the suggestions & ideas forum, where those satan sperms belong), which i am obligated to read or at least skim read since ignoring people isnt a thing when you are a global moderator

funny how a guy who hasnt seen a comma in his life tells me to use capital letters

Digger101 and kaizokuroof like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.