1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think of 'Halls'?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eamono, Jul 1, 2013.

?

What do you think of 'Halls'?

1. OMG, they are like sweet interactive poetry in 2D indie format.

22.5%
  2. I like them.

49.4%
  3. I hate them.

13.5%
  4. WTF, war is now ruined forever.

14.6%
  1. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I already voted :p my bad, sorry

2. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Discuss halls here!
    (also, i have a question, how do you get new peasants for factory)

3. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Peasants come with the hall.
    A couple of them, 5 (normally) start at the hall, there is no way to gain more peasants at that one hall (as I know of now.).

If you want more pesants to work at factories, you will need to take more halls. By taking it from the enemy, or from the neutural team.
    ---
    Other than that, I would suggest the final hall of the opposing team be captured faster, or atleast being auto-captured when all the units are dead, while the hall is being captured.

4. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

well, thats weird, i thought it was like you need to kill people and you get peasants for every person that gets killed?

5. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Merged from there. Next time please use the search function to look for similar threads before posting them. Thanks.

justi01 likes this.
  6. Sir_Edward

Sir_Edward Builder Stabber

I like the halls, its a more intense version of capture the flag and it means people have to take they're time building because of the peasant wait

7. Matius

Matius Catapult Fodder

Rounds can be very long, siege machines and ships make the game dynamic, so I am never bored of Halls. Teams are well balanced most of the time and you need to use some brain to win. There are few annoying bugs, but hopefully they will get fixed when Steam version is out.

So I like them.

8. Wolf245

Wolf245 Catapult Fodder

Halls instantly remind me of "domination" type gamemodes. But in this game they can be surprisingly long. But I do enjoy them. The way kag is made and the most enjoyable thing about it is how balanced it can feel in Attacking and Defending. There isn't any cheap moves that can be easily performed to instantly destroy a base.

9. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Its basically war for dummies

jfurndoifu likes this.
  10. jfurndoifu

jfurndoifu Builder Stabber

Answer to your question as they added halls they have made it a set number of pessents which to me makes the game a lot more tuned down:(

11. Tylda

Tylda Shopkeep Stealer

Halls should be able to destroy and rebuild in the same spot(instead ob building million halls :P ). Even if you throw keg inside they will still respawning

12. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

i just want bombs to now explode 5 seconds after detonation on 26+ servers :( also i want the random skipping issues to be fixed too xd. for this game to ever be competative like the arl shit like that has to go

13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

14. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I would like to see an attack/defend gamemode, but I like halls.

15. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

I do like the concept of the Halls, and welcome it as an addiction to KAG. It would be great to see Capture The Flag again with actual flags, but maybe some improvements upon how it is set up (maybe have the flag somewhere OTHER than the main spawnpoint?) Or to see a Conquest gamemode with tickets again? For me having the other gamemodes is more of an enjoyment in variation than "one is better than the other"

16. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Isn't the halls like conquest. There was a ticket mod before and I don't know what happened to it

17. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Woops, I rewrote that line and forgot to add the part about it being a "kill everyone till they run out of tickets" mode, and not just tickets in general. Instead of capturing bases it would simply just be two main spawns, and the biggest reason for building bases further across the map would be to have the advantage to kill your enemies easier and have more land to gather resources from!

Admittedly this would cause people to camp, but face it, people will camp no matter what game mode you set it up as, in real life the larger countries who have nukes all just sit there behind them not using them but not daring to fight, so of course in a videogame some people will just wanna sit behind a giant tower and not leave it! And besides this would see the return of giant sieges against giant castles which is always so awesome when it happens!

18. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Sorry every game I played that had a gamemode called conquest was just like halls. Why games you lied to me

19. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Oh my bad! Haha...a game I play (Age of Empires 2) has a Conquest mode which means "kill everything" (Unless I am mistaken).

20. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

The current limit of 5 shops per hall is gamebreakingly dumb when you have very few halls on the map. Also, bring back universal storage.

magnum357 likes this.