1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wiki New wiki

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Furai, Jul 30, 2013.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I think that getting rid of the other languages is a good idea. We can add them back later when there will be "stable" release of KAG and nothing is going to change anymore.

illu likes this.
  2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

editing the FAQ a bit, as some things changed with beta.

3. jrgp

jrgp THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Sorry for the delay guys; I was gone all weekend.

The issue here was likely a matter of incorrect umask values. Should be fixed for subsequent uploads.

Thank you. I've disabled multiupload on both wikis and will be investigating the others you mentioned now.

inactive_account likes this.
  4. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Do we start the version history from when Beta came out or from when the silent beta was realased or maybe even in the testing stage?

5. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

I would say everything before the Beta became public would be unnecessary. Just like MM said on the devlog "The game has undergone ~4 massive gameplay re-iterations over the last 2 months". Imo there's not much use to document all of this. The public is interested in how the beta changed since they started to play it. And that would be the public beta release. So I would start the changelog with the first update after the release which would be Build 834.

Digger101 likes this.
  6. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I'm getting a warning when I try to upload a new version of File:Catapult.png
    Upload warning

• Could not read or write file "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/5/51/Catapult.png" due to insufficient permissions or missing directories/containers.
    • Could not store file "/tmp/localcopy_2165099c16e2-1.png" at "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/5/51/Catapult.png".
    It's the only file I've tried that seems to be giving this problem.

The file I'm trying to upload, if you're interested:
    [​IMG]

7. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

workshops page needs to get completely redone, I´ll do it if someone wants to help.

8. jrgp

jrgp THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hello can you please try again, and clarify if this is on the wiki.kag2d.com or doc.kag2d.com?

9. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Updated the Map Section to have the actual beta palette now: https://wiki.kag2d.com/wiki/Map#Default_PNG_Map_Color_Palette. I didn't touch the other subsections (.PNG files, and .KAG files) cause I don't particularly care about that information (+ I can't really know what info would actually go there or if it's needed). If someone wants to update that part, it'll be updated completely and be up to the most recent build.

illu and dnmr like this.
  10. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Is anyone skilled enough to understand how to modify the Random Page function so that certain pages (mainly scripting stubs and obsolete pages) will not be considered?

11. Furai

12. ParaLogia

Well, will you? :migrant:
    - - - - -
    Now, I have some questions for @Kazaco97

1) How do you create some of the images that you upload (the complex ones)? Do you piece together game files or do you use edited screenshots? I'm asking especially regarding the Factory sprites.
    2) (This is more toward everyone) Shouldn't sprites be more consistent with regard to team color. I noticed as I was putting up a template that it had one image that was red team, one that was blue team, and one that was neutral-colored.

13. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

@ParaLogia

1) I used screenshots(Snipping Tool) by making the bridges/blocks invisible so that I could place the item/building over them. This let me easily edit them by using the "Magic Wand" in Paint.NET to crop off the background.

(I did this for all of them besides the Longboat, as I don't believe water is modifiable)

2) I was actually going to ask you the same question as I saw that I had used different team sprites in some of my pictures. It should probably be changed and I wouldn't have a problem in fixing those areas since I caused it.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  14. ParaLogia

I think blue should be used in most cases, but if it appears neutral-colored ingame, then that could be used. Red is unnecessary.

Now, @Furai , you told us at first not to delete any of the obsolete stuff, but I really don't see any purpose to keeping most of those. They just bother me when I look at special pages. Can I delete them? (I'll keep the zombie stuff, since that may be added.)

Attached Files:

15. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Maybe it would be better to keep the obsolete pages, but just remove any links to them. Then if someone wants to look through some of the patches to see when someone was implemented/removed they actually have a page to go to with information on it about it.

16. Furai

I'm not sure what to do with these pages. We still have them in doc.kag2d.com where the classic wiki now is. Your call, really.

17. Mazey

Remove them, all obsolete pages.

18. ParaLogia

Okay, I deleted all the obsolete pages except for the ones related to Zombies and the Modding ones (i.e. Modding and Workshop Modding). I think Workshop Modding might be update-able, but I have no idea about Modding.

Superblackcat likes this.
  19. Mazey

Remove that page, they do not exist in current KAG.

20. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Is there still a wiki for the classic version?

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97