1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Beta Servers

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Kingpanda, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Kingpanda

Kingpanda Catapult Fodder

can anyone tell me how to make my own beta server. i have made many servers for the alpha version. but to start and stop my server i used the KAG server config tool. i have all the ports i need and i know what im doing i just dont know what tool to use to start the server.

2. moved to proper section, will warn next time

3. Kingpanda

sorry im not used to being on these forums :/

4. RXShorty

RXShorty Catapult Fodder Donator

On what platform are you going to run it? Windows? Linux?
    Do you have a server or are using your own pc?

5. Kingpanda

im using my own pc and im running on windows

6. RXShorty

Ok :)
    Did you see this thread yet?
    It is just above your own topic at the moment ;)
    When you have done all that you also have to open te port on your router/firewall

kaizokuroof likes this.
  7. Kingpanda

thanks i looked and couldnt find a thread like that. thanks again

8. RXShorty

9. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

ok, it says to execute the file, what does that mean?

10. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Severe its head with a guillotine.

norill, AcidSeth and Ej like this.
  11. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

It means to run the file - if it's asking you to make it executable, then you'll need to give it permissions to run (this shouldn't be a problem on windows) it should be as easy as double clicking on the file.

12. king-george

ok, i opened the dedicatedserver.bat, but something black apeared in a second...help?

13. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Open up the dedicatedserver.bat with notepad and on a line below everything type "pause" without the quotation marks. So it would look something like this:

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    echo "Running KAG"
    cd "$(dirname $0)"
    mv KAG.tmp KAG
    chmod +x KAG
    ./KAG autostart Scripts/autostart.as autoconfig ../autoconfig.cfg
    pause
    Yours will have different commands as it'll be windows, not Linux, but should still look something similar.

Anyways, once you've saved it with pause, you can now run the file again as you did the first time, this time it should leave the black screen (command prompt) on your screen. If you could post your output up here, we can work our way from there - Most common problem is that you're missing a file/config somewhere, or it's incorrectly configured (my guess is you didn't read the wiki and you just double clicked the file without setting up the server)

14. king-george

ok, when i launch it, it says password to a server and ip and port?
    i wrote it in the connect to button, but it says the server isnt running...and yes, i probably did do something wrong as the wiki told me
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 6, 2013, Original Post Date: Sep 6, 2013 ---
    also, with what program do i need to open the file i downloaded from the wiki?

15. kaizokuroof

Can you post a screen capture of the black box once paused and post it here? What file did you download from the wiki? =) also a copy of the the dedicatedserver.bat =)))

16. king-george

Windows Install

1. First, download the server: http://kag2d.com/en/download
    2. Next, decompress the archive. This can be done with many different programs, including PeaZip.
    3. Open the folder the archive was extracted into.
    4. Run your server by executing dedicatedserver.bat.

this is in the server derectory in the wiki
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 6, 2013 ---
    and wehn i click insert(print screen)it doesnt do that

17. kaizokuroof

It's a zip file, containing the game - You don't need to download this file, as you already have the game.

I need a copy of the error your getting, so that I can work out where your problem lies. Please do the following:

- Run the batch file
    - When the screen has errored out and paused on your screen, take a screenshot or copy and paste ALL of the text and post it here, using the code tag.

Gurin likes this.
  18. king-george

ok, shall i lick the edit button and copy what it says there? because when i activate the program, it says to press any key to continue, and i cant print screen then

19. kaizokuroof

Whatever way works for you, I just need to know what it says - No paraphrasing, exact error message - Hell write it out on a notepad and then retype it here.

20. If you're having trouble with printscreening, open up Paint and press Ctrl + V. this puts the image into the program for you.