1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG How is my team supposed to get pyro with shop changes?!

Discussion in 'Help' started by richygorgan, Aug 9, 2013.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. richygorgan

richygorgan Catapult Fodder

Ok, I must be misunderstanding something here, because this clearly can't be the case:

In games, research only researches two branches from my experience, pyro is often not in that research branch. So, previously I would just sell some wood and buy the scroll. Since the shop changes I can no longer do that. So lets say my team doesn't research pyro, and natural gold runs out, what is my team supposed to do? Play an entire match vs a team with pyro, I don't understand, surely that's very unbalanced? This isn't rare either, Ive been in a few matches now where I cant use pyro because its not researched.

2. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

buy a scroll from the trader for pyro tech

3. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

You can click on the research buttons to vote for specific tech.

Some maps don't include trader, which means you won't sadly be able to get the tech if something else was researched. In case natural gold runs out, you can always sell some wood to the trader (if he's included in the map) to gain gold.

4. richygorgan

You can't sell wood or gold to the trader anymore... Which means I can't buy gold to buy the pyro scroll. Leaving the team without pyro and at a severe disadvantage...

5. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Did you both even read what he said? He said that he cant BUY from the trader since he isn't there or you cant sell wood nor stone

amgtree likes this.
  6. Rayne

that's funny considering i can buy from him, and he appears on all default maps

Duke_Jordan and richygorgan like this.
  7. richygorgan

So you're telling me you can BUY gold with 2000 Wood or 500 Stone? Because I can only SELL gold for Wood or Stone, after the patch like last week.

[​IMG]

8. Rayne

i never said anything about stone/wood, i was talking about the pyrotechnics, if you dont get it by the time your team wastes all the gold, then you dont really deserve it in my eyes

PumpkingSlice likes this.
  9. Monsteri

You don't need different ammo to win. Only BRUTE FORCE! The trader is going to get a fistful of rework sooner or later anyway, and this is not a game breaking thing.

PumpkingSlice likes this.
  10. richygorgan

Great, so every game I join mid game I have to live without pyro. Every game I join in building stage I have to spend all my time farming gold to get it, awesome -_-.

11. Monsteri

Or yaknow, you could vote for it in the research menu. If it doesn't get chosen, too bad. Your team decided against it.

12. richygorgan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you research just one item that has no lines attached to other items, you will just research one item. If that is so, then why the hell would anyone pick 1 item over what usually is 3 (3 icons linked with lines). That's a daft solution.

13. Monsteri

Well son, I do correct you partly, as you can't just choose a single technology, the techs are all branched in trees so you can only choose a path as you should know. If you so badly want pyrotechnics (no idea why, it sucks) you will have to choose the mounted bow -> pyrotechnics path instead of drill -> water ammo -> keg. Like so:
    [​IMG]
    Like you said though, researching pyrotechnics at all is always a daft solution, but that is an issue with the tech tree being shit, not the trader.

14. richygorgan

In most games I see its not connected, much like the bomb ammo shown in your image. Is the bomb ammo in your image connected to a research branch with more than 1 item? I wouldn't underestimate pyrotechnics. Games I play often end in mere minutes, or end up in a massive stalemate lasting 40+ minutes. What ends these stalemates in my experience is both teams running out of stone. Without stone, builders end up using wood instead. Without pyro, its almost as strong as stone when defended. With pyro, one sachet or fire arrow takes the whole building down. Which team wins? The one who had the sense to get pyro. Unfortunately, I can't force pyro on people.

15. Monsteri

When it's not connected, it means that the research took another path, like pyro was chosen over bomb ammo in this picture.

Pyro is nice and all for sure, but if the enemy has water bombs it's easily countered :D What is truly effective.. muscle wizard worthy.. is ballista & bomb ammo. Bomb ammo upgrades ballista bolts to explosive ones, and THAT is a punch in the dick for the other team, it's often a game ender.

:flex:

PumpkingSlice and Duke_Jordan like this.
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey