1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Water Idea + Axe tool

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Rico656, Jun 17, 2013.

?

Do you think this could be a good feature for water?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Rico656

Rico656 Bison Rider

Sorry if this has already been mentioned somewhere but my idea is that water should have a more realistic feature where when it floods a cave for example, and it depletes at the same time so to say. just like in terraria. i just find it annoying that one little block of water is able to flood anything underneath it, like a base being flooded for example because there was a cliff in front of it.

My other idea is just a simple one where you have the axe to chop down trees instead of a pickaxe.

2. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Additional tools and terraria styled water have already been suggested before, though I won't lock it yet, people might wanna add something.

Apronymous and Drusse like this.
  3. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

While I'm personally a fan of magic pickaxes, there are unused axe wielding sprites for builders. [/pointless_trivia]

4. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Finite water has been suggested many times, and it is interesting, but I'm not sure if it would be a god idea; the infinite water of now really forces people to build in such a way that really emphasizes defense and strategy, having finite water would mean that there would be another goddam way to rush, with this one being to just flood the enemy base, then build fences versus forts for defense.

Guitarman, SlyStalker and Galen like this.
  5. Krux

Krux Shipwright

in the past Water was used very much like a Defence. I would like to see more effects of water on the player. For example knigths in their heavy armor should not be able to swim. Also wielding a sword under water is not so easy. And of course I would like to see a swimming animation.

6. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

The axe could be just an animation feature, simply if you are a builder and you hit wooden things like tree or log, it uses the axe animation... And water, yeah, but how would it look like, choppy block-based particle system?

7. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

Imagine, though, that the map has "depth" so that there can be a lot of water we don't see.

I like how water affect the game, but the physical behavior when flooding is odd at best.

8. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

We've been over the water topic so many times now.. Have you ever played terraria multiplayer? Water like that lags like shit and eats everyones CPU's alive. It's not viable to do in a 32-players multiplayer game.

On topic of axe: It might happen some day but it's a low priority right now. There is an axe-chopping animation in the builder sprites already.

Mods: Rainbows