1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Changes to User Panel at KAG2D.com, Desura keys!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Aug 12, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

[​IMG]
    As you can see there are few new options available in the panel. I’ll describe them briefly (most of them are self-explanatory).
    "Get your Steam Key!” * - mainly a placeholder for the future. When we’ll release KAG on steam this will be the place to get your Steam key from (if you have bought the game from our website and not Steam, that is).
    "Get your Desura Key!” * - here you can get your Desura key.
    "Download Art Booklet" * - it speaks for itself.
    There are also old options which were available all the time. You are able to change your account credentials, e-mail and delete your account completely (be warned though, this action cannot be reverted). Additionally, we have set up in place way to tell us if you agree to receive e-mails from us. We don’t have any newsletter yet - but it will come in its time.
    * - options available only to paid users.
    Cheers,
    Lucas/Furai

Original DevBlog post.

2. eamono

eamono Arsonist

darn... I was kind of hoping that the art book would be exclusive AT LEAST until the steam release

OT: can we assume that the steam release will come soon since we have a button? perhaps with the CTF update coming this month?

3. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

News in launcher double posted this, fyi.
    Also when I saw Steam key I thought I was gonna read some 'early access' thing or 'its out!' :>:(:.

4. lomichelotti

lomichelotti Shark Slayer

My gosh! The art booklet! I want it ill download now! Whooooooowassdjgh

5. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Steam release will be when it's ready.
    Issues with Desura keys should be resolved now.

6. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Wewt. I just downloaded the art book. Truely amazing the work you devs put into this game... brings a manly tear to my eye. ;o'

7. TerranMarine

TerranMarine Haxor

what about changing nicknames? Hmm?

8. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Ermm... donate?

Guitarman likes this.
  9. TerranMarine

TerranMarine Haxor

That's sad.

10. Eden

Eden Galen Slayer Donator

I think he might have been talkig about your ingame/forum name. Although that would be sweet, there's about a 90% chance of that not happening due to the complexness of it all.

If not, then yeah donate.

11. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Wait....

What about steam name change? Does that work in-game for kag?
    OR
    Do you have to create a KAG account and link it with your steam account, and the name is unchangeable?

12. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

TerranMarine and kaizokuroof like this.
  13. TerranMarine

TerranMarine Haxor

I will. And the last question - you have to donate for each nickname change, or paid once - change whenever you want?

14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Afaik, the former one. We don't want people constantly changing their names, partly because it makes tracking abuse annoying and partly because it has to be done manually each time.

15. cschm49

cschm49 Shopkeep Stealer

So when it come out on steam (and we launch it from it steam) will it launch the launcher we have now or will it use our steam username and load up the main menu straight away?

16. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Although that's not easily answerable until a final integration with Steam is realised, I would suspect it will launch something akin to the current launcher? But I may be wrong on that, so don't take it as gospel truth.

lavalord likes this.
  17. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Basicly using the Steam username isn´t possible because it isn´t Steam only, which means that Steam username may be chosen.

18. cschm49

cschm49 Shopkeep Stealer

Okay thanks guys

19. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

You still gotta make the account button stand out more. It looks like a page name right now.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  20. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Gimme screen of what you mean.