1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Premium VS Non-Premium Contest

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by kaizokuroof, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Hello fellow KAG players!

Today Lavalord, BeasterDenBeast and Kaizokuroof (as well as all our sexy admins), wish to invite you to another exciting event hosted by the trio! Two premium vs non-premium matches, to be played on the Australian Capture the Flag Server (Obviously hosted in Australia) and also on the BC Flatmaps (hosted in California). The event will open to the rest of the world, meaning that you don’t have to be an Oceianic player or an American player to reap the rewards from either of the matches.

During these matches, we will be looking for non-premium players to give out premium codes too (see below for full conditions). So.. Are you a non-premium player that doesn’t have the funds/means to acquire a full copy of KAG? Well now is your chance to earn a premium code, just by joining in on the event carnage.

That’s right! Two chances for you non-premium plebeians to show your worth and prove to us rich kids, that being premium doesn’t mean anything! On top of that, you will have the chance to ascend into the ranks of the premium players, meaning you will get access to the King Arthur’s Gold Beta!!! And all those fancy heads.

If you have any questions, or if we've missed explaing anything, head on over to kag.aus IRC, send me a PM or post away here!!!

These matches will lead into an Admin vs All, on the Australian Capture the Halls Server (Beta)
    Please also note that this competition is for CLASSIC kag.

Details of the event:
    Saturday the 17th of August at 12:00pm (Mid day) until ~late~
    Countdown <- Clicky!!!
    TBA
    1. I don’t want a premium code, is there another prize? No.
    2. How will you pick the winners of the codes? Winners will be *mostly* picked by random, however, if we see outstanding players, in terms of team work and or skill, we may just reward you. ;)
    3. How many codes will be given out? A few... It depends how generous we’re feeling so I guess that’s for us to know and you to find out. :B):
    4. How do you earn a premium code? Well, just by showing up to the server on the day is enough! We’ll need you to have an account here on the forums if you want a prize – as it will be sent after the event and publicly named here!!!
    5. What if the teams are unbalance, i.e. there are more Premiums then Non-Premiums of vice versa? Well Jimmy, that’s a very good question! Our godly staff will be keeping the teams in line, so that if one team has less players, the admins will switch over to balance the difference.
    Mumble is available during the event and is also encouraged, we hope for some strategic play or some wacky and downright weird conversations.

IP: 125.63.51.152 Port: 64738
    Preamble: Rules will be used as a guide and manual to differentiate what is an acceptable behaviour and not. These rules will apply on every player (premium or not); so follow them closely. Note that before any accusations are made, there should be proof and witnesses as to corroborate the incident. In addition, this KAG constitution grants the right for the offenders or violators to defend themselves (or be defended) and to gather witnesses as to corroborate their testimony under the Magna Carta and the Ammendments. Witnesses are to be sworn to tell nothing but the truth.

Article I: Griefing

Clause I: Definition
    Griefing can be defined as a destruction of a building or a structure built by the same team member in a way that puts the team in disadvantage. Griefing can be accidental or intentional. Accidental Griefing are usually caused by new players which doesn't know that certain actions they are doing will make a building or structure collapse. On the other hand, intentional griefing are usually caused by mature players so that to annoy everyone and to make their own team lose.

Clause II: Consequences of Griefing
    Griefing are punishable by KAG Constitution under this clause.
    1st Offense: Admins are to freeze them and give them a warning and further instructions if necessary.
    2nd Offense: Admins are to ban them for a certain period that is appropriate based on the Admin's judgement.
    3rd Offense: Permanent Ban
    4th Offense: Global Ban - to be sentenced by Guards.

Article II: Hacking

Hacking is defined as manipulating KAG system internally or using a software/program as to increase or decrease their natural speed and/or ability. Since hacking is a purely intentional offense, the consequences for hacking will be more rigid and rigorous.

Clause II: Consequences of Hacking
    Hacking are punishable by KAG Constitution under this clause.
    1st Offense: Admins are to freeze them and give them a warning and further instructions if necessary. Banning (permanent or not) is also appropriate based on the Admin's judgement.
    2nd Offense: Offenders are to be reported to Guards to be globally banned.

Article III: Chat Spamming

Chat spamming is defined as to flood the chatbox with often repetitive phrases, words or sentences and usually doesn't make sense.

Clause II: Consequences of Chat Spamming
    Chat Spamming is punishable under this clause.
    1st Offense: Admins are to warn them and give further instructions if necessary.
    2nd Offense: Admins are to mute them for a certain amount of period depending on the Admin's judgement.
    3rd Offense: Admins are to mute them permanently.

Article IV: Verbal Harrassment

Verbal Harrassment or abuse is defined as to assault other players verbally with an intent to discriminate, degrade and to bully. Note that verbal abuse are punishable not only by the KAG Constitution but also by the Australian Constitution and the American Constitution depending on their extent of jurisdiction. Therefore police can get involved.

Clause II: Consequences of Verbal Harrassment
    Verbal Harrassment is punishable under this clause.
    1st Offense: Admins are to warn them and give further instructions if necessary.
    2nd Offense: Admins are to mute them for a certain amount of period depending on the Admin's judgement.
    3rd Offense: Admins are to mute them permanently.

Clause III: Australian Laws on Verbal Harrassment

Source: http://definitions.uslegal.com/v/verba-sunt-interpretanda-contra-proferentem/

Stevedog, Beepo, Atheon and 12 others like this.
  2. miniu

miniu Haxor

12pm gmt = ?

3. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

AEST, click the countdown timer for timezone - I think it has built in time converters etc.

oh and to answer your question GMT +10

4. cschm49

cschm49 Shopkeep Stealer

Sydney time the same time as Queensland time right?

5. Count me in! Adelaide Time.

Atheon and Kingmit like this.
  6. kaizokuroof

All these posts about timezone - Just use the countdown link, it will make your life much easier ))) QLD is the same IIRC.

Atheon likes this.
  7. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Looks interesting and fun, plus a good chance to archer spam :P (probs not though)

Can I join?

Aeroblitzer, Atheon and cincoscuencas like this.
  8. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Sure, anyone can join simply join the server and have fun on the day !

9. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Aus and USA servers only? *nods* hmhmm yeah, hehehe, right. Now it seems that Europe sucks.

10. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

I wish I could join. I was in a game in classic once, way back when, and it was premiums vs. non-premiums. It was so unfair but so fun at the same time. I will be busy on this date unfortunately. Everyone else who does join, know that you will not be disappointed...unless you're a non-premium...plebs

Atheon likes this.
  11. Kingmit

Kingmit Shipwright

i would love to get a code :P but i am not good enough/ not available on that day, but maybe some other time :D

Aeroblitzer likes this.
  12. PineDuck

PineDuck Catapult Fodder

Im gonna try and win Prem! ive been wanting it for ages!

13. Kingmit

Kingmit Shipwright

got one already now :D but i wouldn't e good enough to beat non prems :D

Aeroblitzer likes this.
  14. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Non-premiums got steamrolled and butthurt. Nearly every non-premium player I saw on my team was probally an alt, as i've never seen him/her online before. (And had a bit of skill)

I didn't make it at 12:00pm, sadly. But I did turn up around 4:00pm 5:00pm, and it was great fun!
    Yes, the non-premiums didn't have as much skill as the Premiums, but they did put up a fight! With their notch buildings. :kappa:

Gg and no re, that was really fun, love to have another one some time!

15. PineDuck

PineDuck Catapult Fodder

What did you mean when you said "Pineduck confirmed tj"?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 17, 2013, Original Post Date: Aug 17, 2013 ---
    and also we won about 3 games in a row yesterday :D that has got to be pretty good since we got owned the rest of the time

16. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Pineduck confirmed to be Smithyman, banned.

17. Atheon

Atheon Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

The non-premium aren't that bad against versing us premium men they all should deserve premium codes :(
    Wish I could donate :)
    But on the other hand this premium vs non-premium matches are a lot fun :D

kaizokuroof likes this.
  18. Smithyman

Smithyman Haxor

It wasn't really an alt :P I was thinking of making it my normal account, or giving it to a friend of mine if it won prem

19. Demonturtle101

Demonturtle101 Shark Slayer

;-;
    It's still an alt

20. How did you find out so fast? Smithy, is that bad at keeping an alts? @_@

Kingmit and Atheon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.