1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Cannot Host Server [Solved]

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Tsilliev, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Yeah so there were no dedicated_autoconfig.gm and dedicated_autostart.gm so I made those with the content of
    dedicated autoconfig
    Code:
          m_width = 800; - map width in tiles
            m_height = 255; - map height
            m_seed = 0; - map random seed
            sv_maxplayers = 32;
            sv_ip = `0`; - assign a specific IP port or leave 0
            sv_port = 50301; - port on which the server listens
            sv_rconpassword = ``; - rcon password for remote admin
            sv_name = `Test TTH M`; - the name of your server
            sv_info = `Tsilliev testing`; - info description which appears in the servers list
            sv_fastdeltas = 0; - 1 means less CPU intensive but more bandwidth intensive
    and dedicated autostart
    Code:
    LoadMap( "Maps\WAR\BigCastle.png" );
    I also checked Server Setup in this section but what do I do at maploaders? At Base/Rules/GAMEMODE_NAME/ I made Base/Rules/TTH Modded/ and contains only mapcycle, anything else I put is being deleted.
    When I run dedicated.bat and hit play this comes up
    So it tries to load TTH folder not TTH Modded, where do you define which folder to choose

Edit: ok so I put map width and height with the TTH Modded at autoconfig at main folder and at tth modded folder at mapcycle I put the bigcastle map. But I still cannot see my server at the browser, firewall is off.Modded server is unchecked or the button is gray.So confusing first time, well I guess its too early for a program that does the changes automatically or host server button at the multiplayer window.

2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Try changing TTH Modded to TTH_Modded.

3. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Still the same, cannot see it although I see lag 2 lag 2 on the cmd, so it means it is running? btw where do I put the name of my server again?
    And it is generating map from seed 666, should i remove this seed? Its generating a map not choosing a map from the mapcycle?
    It couldn't find mapcycle.cfg in tth_modded wtf, let me check :D Its deleted :eek: I will put the files name into the ignore list.
    It loaded juggernaught map but still cannot see the server.

4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

You can leave seed open.
    Server name is sv_name in autoconfig.cfg.
    Did you portforward actually?

5. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

My firewall is off.

6. Mazey

That doesn't matter + it's better for your pc to turn it on, believe me.

Walk to your router and look to it's mark, then google 'portforwarding MyRouterMark [optionally: model]'. You must forward the ports of your router, not 'just' turn off your firewall.

7. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Okay I will port forward 50301?

8. Mazey

Yep, UTC and UDP.

9. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

I portforwarded upd and tpc 50301 in my computer added inbound rule to the firewall but I don't have access to the router its shared and its not mine. Somewhere I saw to connect directly with 127.0.0.1:50301 as I recall? I will try that.

Oh! I joined it. But its frozen, halls are empty in the cmd it says on player request spawn, rules not loaded.
    I will try and add war_sandbox_vars.cfg, got deleted, will add it in the ignore list.

Still the same no respawn and empty halls, will try to add scripts from the war folder.
    Btw thanks for the help.
    yey now I can respawn but! Halls are still empty its just like a normal war mode.
    Okay now I have put the scripts and when I try to join it says error compiling scripts.

10. Mazey

Try using a default gamemode.

11. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Okay but in rules we dont have a folder TTH.

12. Mazey

WAR = TTH.
    Just do sv_gamemode = TDM in autoconfig.cfg.

13. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Ah TDM okay.
    Yeah it runs normally as a TDM.
    I tried War and its running normally TTH as it should thanks!
    Now I will look into how to make the server visible without going next to the router.

14. Mazey

Well, that means there's something wrong with your gamemode.
    You can always press [HOME] after you loading your modded gamemode to see any errors.

15. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

No errors are present I see music added, tree pine, bushy tree,fish etc.

16. RXShorty

RXShorty Catapult Fodder Donator

Be sure to have your firewall on...
    Trust me... I had some ddos attacks on my server.
    Also if you are connected to that router, you have to be sure to open the ports on that router.
    Otherwise you won't be able to register at the public list.

17. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

I have no access to the router unfortunately. Tried port forwarding programs, but they need router access as well.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 18, 2013, Original Post Date: Aug 17, 2013 ---
    Update:
    I found a program that opens the ports even without access to the router. So I have my port 50302 open, I have set sv_port = 50302 in the autoconfig and I still cannot see my server in the browser... :(
    At port forwarding tester it says port is open for my ip, when I close the program it says port is closed, so the program should work and the port should be open but still.
    sv_ip = 0 and server runs normally, but if I put sv_ip = 1 it displays API error.

18. RXShorty

Api error is indeed the fireall issue.
    But you could also try to disable the follow setting:
    sv_ipv6 = 0

19. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Still same error - pic
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 18, 2013, Original Post Date: Aug 18, 2013 ---
    Omg no way I returned ip to 0 but still ip6 to 0 and now I can see althought latency is not responding
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 18, 2013 ---
    Interesting I made ip6 to 1 again and the server disappeared from the list.
    And now that I make ip6 to 0 again server is still not there LOL.
    Good news people can join! Thanks!

20. RXShorty

Good to hear you managed to fix it!

Tsilliev likes this.