1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mac Voting doesn't work on Mac... Still.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Solomon-Grundy, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solomon-Grundy

Solomon-Grundy Shopkeep Stealer

I've played this game for years now and voting hasn't ever worked on mac. I know this is a repeat bug report and you'll shut this thread down, but for the love of god, just make it work. It's been YEARS.

Guitarman likes this.
  2. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

That would be amazing if it worked.
    Come on guys, make it happen :kappa:

Hawxx likes this.
  3. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

The devs are racist against mac users

Hawxx likes this.
  4. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Nothing works on Mac.

Ha ha but seriously the amount of irritating bugs in the Mac version is kind of impressive. The interaction menus are buggy, my guy will seemingly randomly attack or shield, and there's that infernal sound bug where everything sounds either far-left or far-right. And voting doesn't work.

This is why we have Boot Camp.

Guitarman likes this.
  5. Solomon-Grundy

I actually don't find the Mac version that buggy at all. Haven't seen the bugs you're talking about. Just the voting thing.

6. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Huh. Maybe it works better on older versions of OS X? Which do you have? I've got 10.8.4.

Also some more info about the bugs because I'm curious if other people have the same issues:
    1. The menus for interacting with workshops/boats/etc. flicker and tend to activate before I've selected something.

2. Randomly attacking or shielding, or stabbing after firing an arrow. Given the previous bug, maybe this is the trackpad being buggy, I'll have to mess with this more. The trackpad acts up on rare occasion, but I restarted my computer (usually fixes it) and the problems kept occurring.

3. Sounds are all over the place. If I walk to the left and stab, the sound will only be audible in my left ear.

7. Solomon-Grundy

I'm on 10.8.3.

1) This I've never seen.
    2) Also haven't had these problems. I'm using a mouse and not the trackpad though, so maybe that's part of it?
    3) I can't say if this is happening for me honestly. I don't use headphones for this game, and usually kept the sound down pretty low since it isn't that critical for gameplay and I prefer listening to music while playing anyway.

Hope you get it sorted out. Bootcamp's great too, but it's nice to not have to use it. ;)

Bracket likes this.
  8. Bracket

Bracket KAG Guard Tester

Tested again to confirm my own sanity. The sound bug is definitely still a thing. If I run in one direction and make a noise, the sound comes solely from that direction in my headphones. Also: There are weird buzzes during certain sounds. Like when I'm landing there's a half-second long bzzz after the landing sound ends.

I disabled Tap-To-Click to be absolutely certain, and I definitely and factually have the problem with randomly attacking. The flickering menus were embellishment/misremembering based on the issues I have on my crappy Windows computer, so Problems 1 and 2 are actually the same problem WHICH IS THIS: Random M2 input. Not seemingly triggered by anything. This interrupts my attempts to use interaction menus, because my archer will randomly stab the air or the ladder in front of him or whatever. And he'll randomly stab at other times like right after I fire an arrow. Tap to click was definitely off so I definitely wasn't actually hitting M2 in any way at all. And I tried with my USB mouse plugged in or unplugged. Science.

Edit: The M2ing only happens when I'm moving the mouse around. The timing of it seems random, but it doesn't occur if I'm not moving the mouse around.

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Testing and fixing mac bugs for us is a bit of a nightmare as the only macs the company has regular access to are a mac mini via the internet (used in the build server to compile the mac build) and a used pre-2010 macbook that MM has but never uses.

The sound bugs happen on linux as well so I'm guessing it's either irrklang having issues with unix like systems or something we're handling incorrectly that windows conveniently "hides". I agree that it's super annoying though

The thing spamming action2 (right mouse by default) is very strange and I haven't seen it before :/

The voting thing is wierd and I'll put it on the list of things to look at (outside of the bug tracker) but it'd be good to have it logged and bumped there too. We're thinking we might rewrite the voting system to work naturally with the scripts and it'd be good to tighten up bugs at the same time as doing that (if we get around to it)

10. Solomon-Grundy

Let me know if you need any other mac-specific stuff tried out. Happy to help. ;)

I think it's just because the keys that it's mapped to + and - are on the numpad, and I/others don't have a numpad. If the keys were something on a "normal" keyboard, or better yet, able to be remapped in settings, it'd probably be an easy fix.

Guitarman likes this.
  11. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Hello,
    Can anybody confirm if this is still a problem on Mac?
    Cheers!

12. Bint

Bint Haxor

Didn't voting work different when this was posted? It works now for me at least.

Kazaco97 likes this.
  13. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Yeah, the voting was different from alpha and changed throughout early beta to the present build. I don't have a Mac so I was just confirming with those users so I can lock/archive this thread. Thanks for reply and help @Bint! =)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.