1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Make A KAB Trailer/Video [With Results]

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Kouji, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Yo_Bro_

Yo_Bro_ Tree Planter

so can the best post here be anything? something to make you laugh maybe?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 22, 2013 ---
    A CHARLOTTE, North Carolina man, having purchased a case of rare, very expensive cigars, insured them against (get this) fire! Within a month, having smoked his entire stockpile of fabulous cigars, and having yet to make a single premium payment on the policy, the man filed a claim against the insurance company.
    In his claim, the man stated that he had lost the cigars "in a series of small fires." The insurance company refused to pay, citing the obvious reason that the man had consumed the cigars in a normal fashion. The man sued — and won! In delivering his ruling, the judge stated that since the man held a policy from the company in which it had warranted that the cigars were insurable and also guaranteed that the cigars would be insured against fire, without defining what it considered to be unacceptable fire, it was obligated to compensate the insured for his loss.
    Rather than endure a lengthy and costly appeal process, the insurance company grudgingly accepted the judge's ruling and paid the man $15,000 for the rare cigars he lost in the fires. After the man cashed his check, however, the insurance company had him arrested on 24 counts of arson. With his own insurance claim and testimony from the previous case being used as evidence against him, the man was convicted of intentionally burning the rare cigars and sentenced to 24 consecutive one-year terms.

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

3. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

You wrote it?

4. Yo_Bro_

Yo_Bro_ Tree Planter

nope google search xD im working on a video now.. would say some stuff about it but i want to make sure its not copied so. ..
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 22, 2013, Original Post Date: Aug 22, 2013 ---
    so who payed for the codes? Was it sponsored?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 22, 2013 ---
    so Kouji can we show small clips of other games and pictures or strictly Kag beta?

5. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Forgive me for being a little bit of an ass, but that is a stupid question. The title of the thread is "Make a KAB Trailer/Video" I would assume because the title isn't "Make a KAB Tailer/Video, that includes other games" that you should ONLY include KAB footage. If you read the whole thread, you'll also find scattered through the thread discussion on why this contest is being run.

Also I've bolded some text in the OP for you:

and double also, please use the "Edit" function next time.

6. Yo_Bro_

Yo_Bro_ Tree Planter

you have enlightened me... But i will forever be a no editing member
    This is not my official entry hoping to have time to make a real one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VGkFK--90E

WarrFork likes this.
  7. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Well great I still cannot see embedded videos! Oh well! Ello my feathered and non-feathered friends...Maybe some friends with claws, or maybe some humans? Pixelized computer people too? Yeah those and everyone else is a friend too! Haha!

Either way here is the video I have been working on every time I got the chance this month, took me probably over 5 hours to make! Wow! Hope you all enjoy! - http://youtu.be/T35lVVtBlns

And for those who like EMBEDDED VIDEOS OF DOOM you can have this!

One thing I dislike about the video is I messed up during the panning over the levels...it is meant to have the words "Custom Maps!" there...guh!

- Crabmaster awaaaaaay! *flies off into the distance*

8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Love it, Crabmaster. The captions work really well with the scenes you've selected. :) Did you make the video boarder yourself?

Crabmaster likes this.
  9. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Thank you! I couldn't find the correct font to match KAG's so I actually had to draw my own! Hope it looks nice! (And I can probably give the image files to whoever wants them!)

Also yeah, I drew everything in the boarders besides the character sprites (I couldn't do justice to the wonderfully done sprites!), not only did I like how it quickly shows off this is a team vs team game, but also it got rid of the ugly black boarder I accidentally had in my recordings! :p

Edit: Forgot to mention I WILL post the raw video later tomorrow when my internet isn't so slow this forum hardly loads!

NotAPirate and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You drew that font?! :huh?: In that case, I take my hat off to you, sir! Major props! :smug::thumbs_up:

NotAPirate, Digger101 and Crabmaster like this.
  11. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Thank you yet again! Haha! If I can find a way to convert images into fonts I might try to clean it up and make an actual font for fans to use! Took a while to match both the style and shading of KAG's basic lettering! :B):

12. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

That trailer was amazing. It should be the official trailer for the game. Great choice of music, and great job on the font!

WarrFork, Kingmit and Bint like this.
  13. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

Yeah, well balanced trailer. Full of interesting game-play, shows off KAG well and pretty refined.
    I do agree with "Custom Maps" whilst you're panning. Add that and I'd up you from a 9.5/10 to a 10/10

Crabmaster likes this.
  14. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

You can find the fonts Kag uses at /Base/GUI/Fonts

Digger101 likes this.
  15. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yeah, but the font KAG title uses is customly drawn, not an actual font and isn't located in there. Or I think this is what he meant.

16. LightTab2

LightTab2 Drill Rusher
    1. Zen Laboratories

This video has taken damage by youtube, it isn`t rendering problem. I can put it earlier (I created it 9 Aug), but I was tried to fix text and maximize quality(at 1080 I have always crashes :( ). Now I can`t do it, because I has disc defragmentation and my fraps videos disappear.
    I hope you like it.

Gurin and kaizokuroof like this.
  17. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! :)

Also I fixed a few issues in the video(Mostly the custom maps part), original post edited! And here is a link to the new one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T35lVVtBlns

Also here is a Mediafire download for the video, please do not download this unless you are on staff, it is a large file and I don't wanna use up too much bandwidth! http://www.mediafire.com/?j7dqcv3he2hyg8l

Cheers!

18. Yo_Bro_

Yo_Bro_ Tree Planter

LightTab your video said "Play with yours friends" if im not mistaken, worth fixing. I like the music, it was a good video in my mind!

LightTab2 likes this.
  19. Kingmit

Kingmit Shipwright

That is easily the best trailer Crabmaster :) great choice of music, and you filmed really well. I agree with Lieber, it should be the official trailer for the game :)

Aeroblitzer likes this.
  20. RetardedUsername

RetardedUsername Catapult Fodder

May I ask when and why were the rules altered so that entries could be longer than 2 minutes?