1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[758][Gen] Long Boats

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by amgtree, May 18, 2013.

1. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

What benefits do long boats do. Wouldn't be better to just have a warboat.

2. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Longboats are faster and less buggy.

Agnar likes this.
  3. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Is that all it does better. If so, long boat<war boat

4. eamono

eamono Arsonist

War boat can only be rowed by 3 people at a time, im not sure about the limit for longboats but it is FAR greater then war boats

also
    wrong

longboat>warboat for early game rushes (oh god this game is starting to turn into starcraft :P)

warboat>longboat later in the game when you need to defend from 7 different turrets and stuff

Froghead48 likes this.
  5. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

A catapult on a longboat that is fully manned can be devastating, there is little to no time for the enemy to prepare, and by the time they do mount the bows the cata has already taken down their defences.

A warboat however, is slow enough for the enemy to prepare for the attack, and the warboat does not protect the person sitting on the cata.

6. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

^ That's true.
    To sum it up:
    1) Longboats can be accelerated more easily compared to war boats.
    2) The maximum of people that can row a war boat at any one time is three, as opposed to the virtually unlimited rowers of a longboat.
    3) Mounted bows can be set up on war boats (to devastating effect), but can't be set up on longboats (I'm quite sure that this is the case).
    4) War boats offer mediocre protection against arrows, while longboats have none.
    5) Longboats are easier to get into while in the water! Sometimes you drown while trying to get into a war boat. :QQ:

Etranios likes this.
  7. GangstaWarlock

GangstaWarlock Builder Stabber

As far as I can tell, longboats are useless in the current version. The shielding, ladders, and ability to act as a spawn point and class changing station of warboats outclasses them in every way except for a somewhat slower speed.

Ej and norill like this.
  8. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Boats will need some major overhaul in the design and functionality, they are nice looking and they function but they are incredibly glitchy at this moment.

9. driecoolguy36

driecoolguy36 Shopkeep Stealer

Longboats can ram, absolutely destroying walls, but warboats offer spawn and decent protection. Neither is universally better than the other, but one can be dramatically superior in the right conditions.

10. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Longboats turn on a dime, and are very fast, so if anything, they are something to be feared.
    They can eat through walls without needing to ram, with enough rowers.

Warboats are spawn points, and can hold a siege engine, slower and slower to turn, they are more protected from debris and arrows.
    Their main issue is that bombs stick to them.
    But they ram hard at a good speed.

11. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

I tally-
    Longboats - 6
    +2 to longboat ​
    War boats - 4