1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[844] Trampoline Cannon

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Metaphoenix, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Metaphoenix

Metaphoenix Shark Slayer

With the new trampoline functionality, people may think, "No! How can we launch ourselves from our base to their base in an instant!" and I say "With a catapult!" but no one wants to take the time to have to require 2 people to launch 1 person into their base so here is to a different trampoline design that requires 3 trampolines instead of 1.

[​IMG]

With this trampoline design, it will be as close to the single 90 degree trampoline you've all have been using! Except it costs more wood! The thing to note here is that you have to hold down the UP key to have the highest boost possible. Can also launch bombs and arrows. Id advise against throwing lit kegs.

Force, Froghead48, Starsly and 3 others like this.
  2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Ah, god damnit! I was just taking screenshots to post this kind of design D:

I wish the boost was more reliable, often I find myself dropping way early, trampolines sometimes fall down and the amount of space you can travel isn't as wide anymore :(

Duke_Jordan likes this.
  3. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I fixed the trampolines so they dont fall and I made a more compact one
    [​IMG]

Metaphoenix likes this.
  4. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Even after devs lowering the power of the trampolines?

5. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

You still have to have the 45 degree one at the end.

6. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Yeah tested it, it works.

7. Metaphoenix

Metaphoenix Shark Slayer

So after many tests and lots of dead trees, applying a roof and adding more trampolines (4 extra, to a total of 7 trampolines including the end) will increase the distance you travel. Any more trampolines will become less useful. Also when creating the cannon in a high spot such as the top of the map, it is more effective to remove the end if the enemy does not have a high enough wall to vault over. As a reminder HOLD UP WHILE JUMPING INTO THE TRAMPOLINE for those not doing so. Another note is that for the cannon with the roof, Knights can shield glide while inside the cannon for maximum distance travel. (Thanks Amgtree for the added block so the trampolines won't move)

[​IMG]

8. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Now we need a cannon ball or boulders maybe? :D

9. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

How many blocks can you travel with that approximately?

Also, it's a shame that these cannons won't be used much as barely anyone seems to understand them. You have to explain each guy in your team what it is and how it works before they might try it, and fail because they don't glide or press up. I really sometimes wonder what's up with these dimwits.

10. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

It would be cool to mod the cost of the boulders and use them as projectiles but depends if they travel a lot. But yeah, when I made the 3 tramp system, they didnt knew they need to push W.

11. Metaphoenix

Metaphoenix Shark Slayer

[​IMG]

No End trampoline meaning the end of the trampoline is closed. All Knight trajectory is while Knight's Shield Glide is held from beginning of the trampoline cannon to landing.

12. GangstaWarlock

GangstaWarlock Builder Stabber

Now, I will preface this by saying that I hate dinghy spammers. Unfortunately, I had an idea, and I feel it is my duty to share it with the world. I just confirmed that uncovered trampoline cannons can be used effectively to throw dinghies at the enemy team.

Forgive me, players of KAG.

P.S. I suspect a cover would cause dinghies to explode.

amgtree and Guitarman like this.
  13. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Like vaulting in classic -_-
    when notch climbing was removed, I first was mad.
    Now I thank god every day. No more vaulting noobs.

Btw: This is quite old, isn't it?
    If I'm not mistaken, there were automatic log farms using trampoline setups like this.

14. Metaphoenix

Metaphoenix Shark Slayer

With Uncovered Trampolines and putting a dinghy in it, the structure of the cannon's floor would be destroyed from overuse. Though since dinghy's collision damage would be removed in an upcoming patch, i guess it can be used to deploy dinghys (and have that rowing water effect sparkle under everyone)

I believe automatic log farms were made when they introduced the fix to simple horizontal trampolines. I believe I made this a day or 2 after they did so. (not saying that this is my idea completely, i just thought about it myself when playing around with trampolines)

15. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

These still work really good. Its great on ctf, because you quickly put pressure on the enemy base slowly allowing your team to push up more.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Just remember newbies, dont put a lit keg in the cannon. It just may backfire halfway down the barrel :D

amgtree likes this.
  17. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I remember one guy was like "WHO PUT THE KEG IN THE TRAMPOLINE CANNON" and the guy who did it was like "Me sorry." It was funny because the guys who asked who did it said "as long as your sorry" after.

18. Today I entered a game at what I believe was one of the CTF Black Death servers, and our team played better all along, however, we had our shops griefed 4 times, 4 times I shit you not. And at certain point there was no gold to build another siege shop, the enemy showed no mercy and started spamming ballistas. We kept pushing, but with no success to reach their flag. That's when @amgtree came with this huge trampoline cannon above our base, it's range went until close enough to the battle and it was definitely a critical point to our victory. Thank you buddy, and thank you, trampoline cannon.

Sir_Walter and amgtree like this.
  19. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Going through one of these as a knight with a chicken =/= cross whole map in a matter of seconds.

Better than tunnels lol

20. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

and then during the next round he built one behind my tower and then broke the top part of my tower because it was blocking it and then knights climbed up the tower using the ledge he created, destroyed the trampoline cannon, and then stole our flag.

Nabuco likes this.