1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why Do I Keep Getting Banned From Games?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by victhequick, Oct 6, 2011.

1. victhequick

victhequick Shipwright

I keep getting banned from games, for no apparent reason. I know I'm not griefing, I'm not the best player but I don't sabotage our team in any way. If I'm following the rules, trying to help the team, and not griefing, why would I be banned? Its frustrating since there are usually only a couple games going on at a time. I was just banned from the Star Euro Server and Brazil Server without any indication why.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You might have high ping on them and be getting ping-kicked. Join servers with a 3 bars or better.

Valkyrie likes this.
  3. moded

moded Shipwright

"You might have high ping on them and be getting ping-kicked. Join servers with a 3 bars or better."

Oh yus i agree with that.

4. Arcane

Arcane Shipwright

Its really annoying to get constantly disconnected. Normally the game runs perfectly, with little to no lag. Then suddenly it will freeze and then disconnect.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@arcane: anything funny happening in the logs? Complaints of something not loading or something else terrible going on?

6. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

It sometimes happens to me too, without any reason. I saw other players complain in the chat in two servers, so I believe we are not the only ones.
    But when the server automatically kicks you it is just that, a kick, isn't it? You can enter again, despite being kicked agin after some time.

Whether kick or ban, I don't think it is for high ping - I got banned from a brazilian server, which I have low ping to because I'm Uruguayan.
    Anyway, the bans I got only lasted about half an hour, so it wasn't too annoying.

7. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

When the server kicks you or you're tab kicked (or otherwise kicked), you're banned temporarily. Usually it's around 30 minutes, but it can be shorter or longer depending on if the server owner changed it.

8. Carver

Carver Meitantei-san Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

In addition, I believe it's a "One size fits all" kind of kick, with no distinction between Mod, TAB, or Server kicking.

9. Geti

Pretty much. We might have to implement levels of kick soon and make the kick messages more informative.
    "You've been kicked! Reason: ping too high. Find a server with lower ping in the server browser (sort by ping and click the one at the top)"
    "You've been kicked! Reason: griefing. You've been banned on that server, if you think that is a mistake attempt to locate the server's forum thread and complain to the server administrator"

10. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

"You've been kicked! Reason: hacking. You've been banned on that server. If you think this is to do with hardware problems please complain on the forums! If you don't, you are likely to be banned for longer."

Lol.

11. Geti

Yeah indeed. I think we need to autodetect bugged clock counts and point them at the driver download page <_<

12. BindNation

BindNation Bison Rider

Why the heck would you ban someone with a high ping?

13. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

Because it affects the game immensely. Someone with ping too high is shown as teleporting around to other players

14. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

Are you connected to a wifi router? Everytime i connect from my home i get disconnected after 30-40 seconds for no apparent reason. Plugging in another router solved the problem. O.o