1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Pixel Artwork; Show yours off!

Discussion in 'Art' started by thebonesauce, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

LD4all, a forum dedicated to dreaming (mostly lucid dreams) and a bit of psychology.

2. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Thanks, maybe I can finally learn how to lucid dream.

3. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

This isn't exactly my own pixel art, but rather stuff I made using Geti's sprites.

Behold!

[​IMG]

Looks best when you zoom in on it.

EDIT:

More! More!

This time featuring a background and Iteg, Geti's evil zombie twin!

[​IMG]

(in case none of you get it, the idea is that Iteg is forcing the blues to kill eachother)

Yeah, this is a bit darker then the last one. Then again, the last one had no actual basis or idea whatsoever. And yeah, I know the actual Geti appears in this image. Just roll with it. Maybe KAG-Geti's a shapeshifter or something.

Well, same as above, zoom in to see it best.

EDIT EDIT:

The largest image yet!

[​IMG]

Look at that awesomeness!

Again, zoom in to see awesome quality.

And, as a special little bonus, here, have this image of Geti sleeping peacefully while Jeff the Killer sneaks into the room:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    Suess likes this.
  4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

output_LDOlyq.gif
    Some ff6 style walking dude.
    Making a whole spritesheet for @Rayne's game.

Suess likes this.
  5. One of my first pixel artworks, it's not very good. I'm just starting to grasp the basic elements of pixel art. rmna pxl.PNG Inspired by Scott Pilgrim

6. Toy

Toy Bison Rider

slash pixel.png
    It's my first, copied from a game. Totally copied.

7. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

[​IMG]
    Felt inspired after a VERY long while (since June/July I'm afraid). A friend of mine told me she had a dream about shooting someone's head off with a bow, so I guess that inspired me. I wanted to try some way to draw humans/humanoids. I suck at detailed coloring and animations when it comes to them, so I find this silhouette and general lack of detail like this a very appealing approach. Might make more stuff like this.

goodyman8, Contrary, Suess and 6 others like this.
  8. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

[​IMG]
    Some stuff I did for practice.
    General RPG sprites, like potions and powders and such.
    Its still WIP, probably going to add more.
    Advice would be appreciated:).

Toy, Contrary and Suess like this.
  9. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm not entirely happy about the running. Might need one additional frame, but animating running is INCREDIBLY difficult for some reason. It actually made me incredibly frustrated, so I did something else instead.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 14, 2013, Original Post Date: Oct 13, 2013 ---
    [​IMG]
    I'm thinking of trying to make an animation per day. Actually made several sprite sheets for this.
    I put the actors too close though. I call this "Rogue Takedown"
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 20, 2013 ---
    [​IMG]
    Heavy axe swing, made today.

[​IMG]
    Coffee execution, made yesterday.

10. Toy

Toy Bison Rider

Coffee = bst.

11. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

Sheesh, you could probably make a game with all these!

I'd play it!

12. masterjen

masterjen Drill Rusher

Might sound dumb but what for program do you use to make these animations? I also would like to play around with it a bit. ::):

13. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

This would be my final goal, yes, but I'm a very difficult person to get things started. I gain motivation as quick as I lose it, I work in waves. And sometimes there is a very long time before the next wave.

You might be disappointed with my answer:
    I use MSPaint to draw the frames. Each frame is painstakingly drawn manually. I compile the individual frames into a .gif animation via Gif Movie Gear, I choose the animation delays for each frame as I see fit. The program has basic functionalities for resizing frames/entire animation as well as palette swapping and editing inividual pixels, as well as choosing a specific color to be transparent.

masterjen and Guitarman like this.
  14. masterjen

masterjen Drill Rusher

Thank you for the answer anyway. I also found out that it is possible with photoshop to and i am already busy making a simple animation. :P

15. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Yeah, photoshop's good. My choice of using mspaint is simply due to the fact that I have been using it for almost a decade to make gifs with it. Good luck with animating!

16. masterjen

masterjen Drill Rusher

Yep i am now busy animating my gif its allot harder then it looks like i am now busy in making a decent swing animation :P

17. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Remember that when animating movement, especially fast movement, it's all about tricking the eye. Pixel-by-pixel movement for sudden movement hardly ever looks good, adding "motion blur" usually makes them much more visceral, sudden and look like they have more "oomph" behind them.

18. masterjen

masterjen Drill Rusher

Not the best gif out there but it is my first try. I will keep your tip in mind for next time thank you for telling me. Feel free to leave some feedback it can only make me better. (Also the forum seems to slow down my gif animation or it is just my pc)
    First-Pixel-Animation.gif
    Well i did what you said and made a realy simple gif (To lazy to draw a char and use colours ;p) And thanks it does make the animation feel allot faster.
    Motion-Blur.gif

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    MadDog, Guitarman, Suess and 2 others like this.
  19. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Knight.png

My first attempt at pixel art. Using the mouse is damn hard to make stuff. Well this is the kag blue knight.

tlc2011, goodyman8, masterjen and 2 others like this.
  20. masterjen

masterjen Drill Rusher

For people that want to know what happened to the archer after he got killed:
    Bag.gif

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013