1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Plague war

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by driecoolguy36, Sep 2, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. driecoolguy36

driecoolguy36 Shopkeep Stealer

Plague war. It's pretty simple, a take the hall situation, but neutral halls are guarded by zombies, corpses turn into neutral zombies, and there is an attack at night that ramps up in difficulty as the game progresses. I think that would be very interesting to have a neutral factor in the game, and would make a cool gamemode ( I know this is entirely possible as a mod, but since you are adding more game modes, an official version would be much more polished and less glitchy than a mod)
    There can also be a shop to buy friendly zombies, but friendly zombies have always been glitchy, so this isn't too important.

lolguy, Sarkalest and Guitarman like this.
  2. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

This could be fun, but how much would night time amp up? If it gets to hectic then players might spend more time saving their base from zombies and other team players then actually keeping the game moving. Its an interesting idea but games already carry on for long enough and I think this would just be another hoop to jump through instead of actually focusing on the whole kill/capture opposing team......unless these zombies are just your typical skeletons:):skeleton:

3. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I'd be interested if there was an actually strong possibility that the zombies could win.

The team that wins gets to go into an all out siege with all the player against the now powerful zombie hordes.

4. driecoolguy36

driecoolguy36 Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah, i thought of halls becoming zombified and spawning massive amounts of zombies, and the players possibly being transferred to the other team, but that seems a bit impractical. I would rather zombies cannot capture a team's main hall, but can capture the others. I also agree with sheek in some ways, because games can go on very long as it is, but with good teams i think this game mode would be great, and since players seem to be getting better and better, i have hope that this game mode can be implemented and successful.

5. Boea

Boea Such Beta

As long as zombies are constant spawn.

The player transferring would be until one team is completely wiped out.
    The alternative is that players can be zombies if their hall is taken.

Which sounds really cool.
    [Like a winnable DvZ]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  6. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Here's hoping someone will take their time to develop a mod for this.

I predict there will be something very smiliar once the official zombies are out, and the modders can use those files.

7. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Is there a certain release date for zombies?

amgtree likes this.
  8. Boea

Boea Such Beta

When the community releases Zombie Dungeon, or Zombie Tower Defense.

9. Joefesok

Joefesok Builder Stabber

Idea: Plague barrels, produced at a special shop. They work exactly like kegs only instead of destroying everything they go splat and turn anyone in the blast radius into a neutral zambie. You can also launch them in catapults without needing to time the detonation.

sheek likes this.
  10. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Will there be "official" zombies? I was under the impression that zombies were totally up to the community.

11. Joefesok

Joefesok Builder Stabber

There will be a zombie mode similar to classic.

12. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Not an official one though, as he said, zombies are up to the community.

Mods: Rainbows